PDA

View Full Version : Worn rear engine mount

Vinnie
30-04-2008, 02:39 AM
Hey guys, got my cd5 serviced recently (155k's) and have been informed that it has a 'worn rear engine mount causing noise.' when i asked the mechanic what exactly this involved i was told that it can cause the engine to move by as much as an inch. now this didnt sound great to me so i inquired as to whether it was a serious issue that needed to be addressed immediately and was informed that although it was/is contributing to the roughness ive been experiencing with the gearbox (5sp manual), 'the engine wont fall out.' somehow i didnt find this entirely reassuring so just wondering if i can get a bit more info about if letting it go for the time being can cause any short/long term issues. i have been quoted $429 to fix it.

CB7_OWNER
01-05-2008, 12:53 AM
Umm... basically the front and rear engine mount for accords, are also known as torque mounts... which means that there really only there because the keep the engine from moving freely (back and forth).... sooo it isnt neccessary to replace it immediatley.. HOWEVER... one dodgy mounts contributes to the faster damage to the other mounts (due to more movement)...

Soo Short term problems: nothing-ish except rougher ride..
Long term problems: effects the other mounts eventually...

I rkn you could get it done for about $200....they may charge you $429 cause the rear engine mount is the hardest to remove.