PDA

View Full Version : Asking help about xcarlink

mythmok
30-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Can I ask if anyone has got xcarlink in their Jazz? If yes how did yours run so far?

I recently got a xcarlink installed in my Jazz to play mp3 files from my USB stick. However, I noticed there's a constant low but annoying noise sound in the background, also theres occasional momentarily pause. I tried different mp3 files, different USB sticks and SD cards, but I still got the same problem. I tried to talk to the seller but he doubted its the problem of my USB stick and mp3 files. I wonder if anyone has the same experience?

Note: the low but annoying noise sound in the background only becomes obvious when you play the soft music, it wouldnt be noticeable if you play rock & roll stuff!

Thank you very much!!

aaronng
30-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Can I ask if anyone has got xcarlink in your car? If yes how did yours run so far?

I recently got a xcarlink installed in my Jazz to play mp3 files from my USB stick. However, I noticed there's a constant low but annoying noise sound in the background, also theres occasional momentarily pause. I tried different mp3 files, different USB sticks and SD cards, but I still got the same problem. I tried to talk to the seller but he doubted its the problem of my USB stick and mp3 files. I wonder if anyone has the same experience?

Note: the low but annoying noise sound in the background only becomes obvious when you play the soft music, it wouldnt be noticeable if you play rock & roll stuff!

Thank you very much!!

It is caused by the headunit using a floating ground.

mythmok
30-04-2008, 05:11 PM
It is caused by the headunit using a floating ground.

Thanks for the reply. Can I ask what would be the possible solution to fix the problem? Thanks!!

aaronng
30-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the reply. Can I ask what would be the possible solution to fix the problem? Thanks!!

No idea. Someone has mentioned disconnecting a negative cable from somewhere (or from the speaker), not sure. If you find the solution, post it up here because I also have the same hissing and whining problem with the xcarlink in my stock headunit.

mythmok
01-05-2008, 04:31 PM
No idea. Someone has mentioned disconnecting a negative cable from somewhere (or from the speaker), not sure. If you find the solution, post it up here because I also have the same hissing and whining problem with the xcarlink in my stock headunit.

I'm still looking for a solution to solve this annoying problem. I'm quite sure its not the problem of the USB stick/SD/mp3 files. I doubt if the mp3 decoder of the xcarlink is not good enough to play the files properly. Umm... the hissing and whining sound is really annoying.

BTW, where did you buy the xcarlink? Didn't you complain to the seller when you noticed the problem?

aaronng
01-05-2008, 11:44 PM
I'm still looking for a solution to solve this annoying problem. I'm quite sure its not the problem of the USB stick/SD/mp3 files. I doubt if the mp3 decoder of the xcarlink is not good enough to play the files properly. Umm... the hissing and whining sound is really annoying.

BTW, where did you buy the xcarlink? Didn't you complain to the seller when you noticed the problem?

It is not the xcarlink's fault. I get the same hissing when listening to AM radio before i had the xcarlink.

redline
03-05-2008, 06:33 PM
I've had mine installed for about 3 months now, without any issues.

Perhaps contact the seller you got it from. I got it from xcarlink.com.au, they have provided me with sufficient support during the install.

I also know they only provide support for units bought from them.