PDA

View Full Version : What can be done to the CRV?

TheSaint
30-04-2008, 10:20 PM
just out of curiosity what can you do to the CRV? (05/06)

i have read that they come with a k24 variant, can you put intake manifold, headers, vafc2, CAI, or anything on them?

i was thinking you could maybe put a K20a ITR head on it? but how much else would you have to do

or can you do engine conversion in them? make a mean little vtec 4wd?

please dont reply with 'dont bother', a freind bought one and he is just curious if there is any modification support for them or not, if there is he can have a slow on going project with it on the side, if there isnt than it wont bother him

thankyou for any information/advice in advance =)

Rice_4_life
30-04-2008, 10:35 PM
the CRV is not a true 4wd anyway, forgot the mechanics behind it. But I think you can try, good luck nice to see someone going with something different always a welcome change.

Jarkz
30-04-2008, 10:36 PM
They have B20's I thought... well in the early 00 models.

B16a head etc & yeah... Vtec + 4wd :thumbsup:

No one would pick it either ;)

diffuzn
01-05-2008, 01:20 AM
don't roll it :)

Limo
01-05-2008, 01:35 AM
yeh my mechanic had one which had a kit, rims, lowered, bucket seats all round and TURBO! i tell ya, the best fun ive had for ages, didnt go very fast, also had hondata with launch control so you coulld smoke ppl from the lights. i would deff like to build one in the future.

TheSaint
01-05-2008, 02:24 AM
haha that sounds cool

so for the newer model the only real option for some 'project work' would be a k20 head? is it viable/possible?

Nepolian
01-05-2008, 08:18 AM
Probably wouldnt bother with the K20 head conversion. Too much effort for little gain IMO.

Probably try the usual I/H/E mods. Then if you are not happy with it, put the K24 out of a Euro in since it is 140KW and has a better bottom end. Should be able to get these quite cheap now.

Then the I/H/E can be brought over still. All depends on how much you wanna spend?

TheSaint
01-05-2008, 12:09 PM
its not a question of money or effort, its more of a question of whats out there

and yes i know anything is possible, BUT i was wondering if there is any major things you can do to the stock engine to make it perform

can you tune it up? like make it it more agressive?

Nepolian
01-05-2008, 10:13 PM
its not a question of money or effort, its more of a question of whats out there

and yes i know anything is possible, BUT i was wondering if there is any major things you can do to the stock engine to make it perform

can you tune it up? like make it it more agressive?

It is a matter of money and effort, doing up a car is a lot of work. You answer to stock engine has been answered. Intake / header and exhaust......see above!

If money and effort is not a factor, then drop a late model euro K24 in a supercharge it. That would get the CRV going :)

EuroDude
01-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Mugen CRV ftw. would look good lowered. 99.9% of 4WD owners dont go 4WD'ing anyway lol

The CRV K24 is the same as the Accord's 118kw K24, which has VTEC on the intake cam only. Modding or replacing the engine to meet the Euro's K24A3 140kw output with the Euro's 6MT transmission would be ideal. Unless u wanna spend big bucks on a turbo/supercharger..

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2021/crvfrtpp4.jpg

TheSaint
01-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Probably wouldnt bother with the K20 head conversion. Too much effort for little gain IMO.

Probably try the usual I/H/E mods. Then if you are not happy with it, put the K24 out of a Euro in since it is 140KW and has a better bottom end. Should be able to get these quite cheap now.

Then the I/H/E can be brought over still. All depends on how much you wanna spend?

the question i pushed forward was that of the k20a head, has anyone seen it done on a CRV?

as i said before, the aim is project, so we want to work lol just curious on what we can fiddle on, lotsa time to waste =)

from the sounds of things its not really worth it, but it would still be ineresting/inspiring to see if anything has been done

what I/H/E would you purchase? does Injen, Spoon, 5zigen, Mugen - any of these brands make that sort of aftermarket gear for the CRV? or do you have to 'adapt' it from the accord?

EuroAccord13
01-05-2008, 11:54 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/baurtwellXUV/Image00001.jpg

pauli20
02-05-2008, 09:14 PM
mugen kit FTW! turbo setup! XD