PDA

View Full Version : Removing gen 5 prelude hu

GenV
09-09-2004, 12:05 PM
Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone knew how to remove the stock tape deck from a gen 5 prelude. Hooking everything up is not a problem, but getting the tape deck out is! I've check the website installdr or something, but theres no instructions for a gen 5 prelude...hmmm...maybe i should just take out my screwdriver and baseball bat.... :rolleyes:

redliner
09-09-2004, 12:58 PM
the tape deck is screwed on the side...
you either need to remove the front panal to get at the screws or get it professionally removed. Not an easy task for me.

GenV
09-09-2004, 01:11 PM
thanks for that..
dang...sounds like im screwed too then..
is it a bitch wiring up the splits and running the rcas from the deck to the boot as well?

redliner
09-09-2004, 03:11 PM
i left the split stock...coz i cant be bother taking the door panel out...now that would be a bitch... i changed the front speakers... and wire the back speakers to the amp in the boot. The hardest part is getting the amp wired to the battery. You'll be there all day trying to find a hole from the interior to the exterior :(

GenV
09-09-2004, 03:35 PM
Oh man....I guess its best to get it hooked up professionally...dont wanna scratch anything...what system do you have in your car?
I'm still deciding on what splits to get..