PDA

View Full Version : Skunk2 Racing Headers Teaser!

skunk2tony
01-05-2008, 01:30 AM
:thumbsup::honda:

http://www.skunk2.com/images/bheader_2-1piping_small.jpg

http://www.skunk2.com/images/bheaderentirepiping_small.jpg

http://www.skunk2.com/images/Bheaderflage1_small.jpg

http://www.skunk2.com/images/bheaderpiping1_small.jpg

Tell me what you guys think about our newest addition to the Skunk2 Lineup!

barefootbonzai
01-05-2008, 08:26 AM
looks like all the other hytech copys, should make some good power.

skunk2tony
01-05-2008, 08:32 AM
The header design we used is the same header we used on our B series race program. We have used this design before R Crew, Hytech and SMS designed theres years ago and this was all done inhouse on our engine dyno. This design is commonly used on all headers. The difference with ours is the piping diameter which is not used by any header manufacture.

aaronng
01-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Will there be a version for the K-series? Does this bolt up to the standard cat and catback dimension or would you have to use a system of non standard length like the Hytech?

enkay
01-05-2008, 10:57 AM
hey aaronng they are in development atm for our car.
"Skunk2 will be releasing our first headers in a month or so. The
initial offerings will be a B series header and a K swap header. A header for
the K engine in the TSX chassis is still under development. There is
currently no ETA on when that will be released. If I had to guess I
would say late summer of this year."

yummy kswap power! lol

aaronng
01-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Thx for the info! Looks like my discount headers will have to keep me satisfied for now. :)

joewalsh86
01-05-2008, 11:15 AM
I've got a few questions for Skunk2 - what do you think this header offers over and above a Hytech replica?

And given that the US market is flooded with cheap copy headers, is the price giong to be competitive?

And just out of interest, where is the header made? :p

Sorry to seem like a pain, but it seems quite late in the day to be releasing a b-series header, why didn't you do it earlier given that you've used the design for quite a while?

Joe

teaseR
01-05-2008, 11:35 AM
whats the price range on these headers for b-series?
thanks

ATSE
01-05-2008, 06:41 PM
So this Tri-Y design did not come from Hytech orginally?

fatboyz39
01-05-2008, 07:28 PM
hytech copies.....as like mfactory/Buddy club and etc....

would yield good results.

VTi_b0i
01-05-2008, 07:36 PM
bahh i hope their headers are alot better made then their coilovers :thumbdwn:

ginganggooly
01-05-2008, 08:23 PM
bwahaha

these things are like arseholes.

skunk2tony
02-05-2008, 08:57 AM
The header design we used is a 3 step custom diameter piping to improve flow over the hytech header and the cast steel collectors do not impead on flow output. We have dyno tested this header time and time again and have used this header only for our sponsored race teams around the world. We have finally decided to realease this to the public and also design a K swap header that will follow this header release about 30 days after the B series header.

VTi_b0i whats wrong with our coilovers?

Street price will be 100's less then the Hytech and the SMS headers and alot more affordable then the premium headers with much better quality finish and power!

VTi_b0i
02-05-2008, 08:09 PM
lol well i bought coilovers, installed them only to find the front two were seized, and the back ones are bumpy as!

ATSE
04-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Looking forward to seeing these... on an independent dyno test.

In regards to quality, Hytech have a second to none quality finish. My friend ordered a custom one for this H22A, it took a while, but the welds and quality of the header was just unbelievable. Their production headers are also fantastic quality as well.

LUD35
04-05-2008, 01:12 PM
looking forward to some tests with these headers.

in my opinion, why would Skunk2 bring out B series tri-Y headers if they DIDN'T perform? the market is flooded with the headers at the moment, for both financial and PR reasons it would be crazy to bring out a header in the same design that doesn't perform.

xtercii
04-05-2008, 10:28 PM
mmmm it's a HUGE claim to have much better power than hytech and smsp...I am very eagarly waiting to see the proof result...