PDA

View Full Version : 5th Gen Central locking wires??

Mitchman
01-05-2008, 02:04 PM
Had my new alarm hooked up in my car but the stupid people didnt hook up my central locking.
Now Iv found the wires on my alarm system but CANT find the OEM central locking wires to splice in to?? ANY HELP PLEASSSSE pics would be super dooper haha cheers
Mitch

migoreng
01-05-2008, 10:21 PM
take it back tomorrow and ask em to finish the installation?
:O

Mitchman
01-05-2008, 11:34 PM
to put it simply the only contact I may have with them again will prob be in court with the $3000 damage the people did to my engine.. they aren't going near my car

ECU-MAN
06-05-2008, 09:16 AM
you wont find trigger wires for the central locking wires on the 5th Gen under the dash. the 5th gen used a mutiplex ECU system where the ECU in the drivers door sends a signal to the ECU in the drivers kick pannel which then unlocks the passangers door.

your best bet is to have them either wire in an actuator in the drivers door, or add relays to the ECU under the drivers side fuse box area that will send power down the central locking wires to activate the central locking.

Mitchman
06-05-2008, 11:31 AM
So if I find the wires connecting both actuators I theoreticaly could just wire in a jaycar type central locking "unit" and plug my alarm into the input of that yeah? i.e instead of individual relays

or will those wires not go directly to the actuators and wont trigger them to fire?