PDA

View Full Version : DC5R electrical issues

crazyazn
01-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Hey guys i have a couple of questions regarding electrical issues on my DC5R at the moment. Firstly my drivers window sometimes plays up and will go up halfway then go down again...any reason for this?
Also my cigarrette lighter plug has stopped working. I have checked all the fuses and they are fine. I also checked if it was connected at the back and its still ok. Any thoughts ppl?
I need it fixed coz i am putting my ps3 in the car!
Another issue but not electrical is that when i brake heavy the right front wheel shakes violently.
Any solutions to any of these problems would be fantastic
Cheers

Chi
01-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Do you have an Aftermarket Alarm system?

45SET
01-05-2008, 10:37 PM
is it the wheel or the brake pedel? If its the wheel... go get it checked out by someone pronto

SuperSteve
01-05-2008, 10:50 PM
that window issue ur having im having with my ep3 and ive heard that its a pretty common thing with the tegs and ep3's, but if anyone knows how to fix this please do tell :D

B18cEG
01-05-2008, 11:32 PM
i have covered something very similar about the windows before, sometimes the contacts inside the window switch get dirty or something has failed in the switch causing it to make contact even when not pressed, if you have any knowledge with undouing things i would sugest upening the window switching module and cleaning and inspecting the insides. about the shaking make sure there is not a buckle in the rim although i doubt there is, more than likely it is the brake disc issue, either way take it to your local mechanic and they will be able to sort it.

Thanks

6000rpm
02-05-2008, 08:09 AM
regarding the braking, it may just be your ABS.

crazyazn
03-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Hey guys.
Yeah i dont have an aftermarket alarm so it cant be that. Ill just have to clean the thing out i guess.
As for the vibration...it is definately coming from the wheel when i brake heavy, the abs light doesnt come on so it cant be that. I just had my brakes machined and the pads r new so i dont think its that unless there is an underlying issue causing the brakes to warp.
I am getting new rims soon so would that solve any of the issues?