PDA

View Full Version : power windows, keeps going up?

vinnY
02-05-2008, 10:25 AM
okay so i have my window down about 2 inches to let some air in while driving
suddenly the window just goes up by itself(driver side only)

try to wind it back down but it does nothing, i can hear the motor continuously trying to push it up but since its closed completely it stops momentarily and tries again in 3-4 seconds
tested the passenger window, seemed to go up and down fine, so i left it open a bit to let air in from that side
drove for another 5 minutes and the passenger side window decided to go up by itself and now realised i could hear the passenger side window doing the same thing at the same time
finally got to work this morning and turned off the car, but it kept trying to lift even though i've only got the acc and not reds

so now i'm under the assumption that either the switch has gone funky or the wiring to my alarm(it lifts both windows when you arm it) has gone funky

question one, has anyone else had this problem? if not chances are its time to rewire my alarm to my doors..

question two, as a temporary fix i've pulled out the driver side power window switch(unscrewed from the door trim and unplugged from the power window wiring harness), am i correct in assuming this'll stop all power window function for now? don't want it to be a fire hazard :(

D4rk4n63l
03-05-2008, 07:10 PM
The master switch supplies the power to all window, so yes.. if you unplug that it will stop all power window motors..

I'm suggesting from your description that the window lifter module from your alarm is stuffed... so have that checked first

Easiest thing to do now is pull the power window fuse and then check the wirings/module

vinnY
03-05-2008, 07:14 PM
strangely enough, i pulled out the master switch
plugged it back in after work when i was going home and it seems to function fine
got me boggled hehe
thanks for the help anyway :thumbsup:

D4rk4n63l
04-05-2008, 12:59 AM
I see.. may it just needed a reset.. good to hear all is fine

sPoOnD_
04-05-2008, 04:00 PM
i got a similar problem, but mine goes down but doesnt come up..i have to open the door fully and then itll go up..its on the front passenger side

mclovin
05-05-2008, 07:08 PM
strangely enough, i pulled out the master switch
plugged it back in after work when i was going home and it seems to function fine
got me boggled hehe
thanks for the help anyway

sliding the connectors on n off cleans terminals, ur switch pack terminals may have been dirty and earthing out somewhere causing the windows to fault.

vinnY
05-05-2008, 07:43 PM
that could very well be the case mclovin, we'll never know until though heh

Encor3
05-05-2008, 09:08 PM
i got a similar problem, but mine goes down but doesnt come up..i have to open the door fully and then itll go up..its on the front passenger side

i had the same problem,

its jus that the connector from door to body of the car is loose. try reconnecting it

paps02
05-05-2008, 09:29 PM
i have a problem with mine that the window. when going down. falls off the tracks. then wen i try to put it up its just fukd. so i fixd the problem temporarily by unscrewing the bottom of the rails and just letting them rattle around. can anyone fix this properly. it seems to happen wenever it rains anda bit of water gets on the window

mclovin
06-05-2008, 08:55 PM
i have a problem with mine that the window. when going down. falls off the tracks. then wen i try to put it up its just fukd. so i fixd the problem temporarily by unscrewing the bottom of the rails and just letting them rattle around. can anyone fix this properly. it seems to happen wenever it rains anda bit of water gets on the window

take ur door trim off and get in there with a tub of bearing grease. re grease all the rollers in the window regulator assembly then test, should make an improvement. if that doesnt help i would say that u need a new window regulator assembly.