PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Vs Civic

EG4
09-09-2004, 02:29 PM
Not sure if this has been covered had a quick look under the jazz forum and didn;t see much nehow

i've been thinking abt trading in the trusty old Eg civic and looking at either an early model civic sumthing like the 96-98 yrs

or looking forward to a jazz.

Seen pretty much all u can see with the civs, so just wondering what's the jazz community like out here?

i mean how does the jazz compare to the civs of tat era?

wyl03
09-09-2004, 03:18 PM
2 pretty diff cars.

3 dr vs 5 dr
sporty hatch vs "mpv-like" form
power output is quite diff

1 is a much newer car with all the newer parts & technology.

Jus-10
09-09-2004, 03:48 PM
I think it depends on what you want the car for and what you are expecting....If you are looking at something like an EK4 then I guess it will be hard for the Jazz to compete on a performance level.

But if you are lokoing at a GLi/CXi then I rekon the Jazz wins. Similar power levels, but the Jazz is more practical and something a bit different, but then I love wagon looking cars.

Either way you can't really go wrong as the are both good cars, but you could pick up a pretty new VTi-S Jazz at a decent price now.

perhaps if you still can't decide, take the 2 for a drive and see if that helps.

Civics have been done to death over the years

EG4
09-09-2004, 04:36 PM
True i mean overall how does everyone feel abt their jazz's? i mean given a choice would you choose anthoer car once u've owned ur jazz?

petrovski
09-09-2004, 05:26 PM
when you say choose another car over a jazz do you mean would we buy a jazz for the next 20 yrs? or would we of bought something like a cleo or a c2? im lost :rolleyes:

when i was getting the jazz i brought it down to an astra and a jazz and personally jazz wins hands down, its better everything! IMO

also too resale, parts availability, service, its all good. i havent had a major hassle so far except for something that wasnt my fault!

and i do think you get a bang for your buck.

if it performance wise your after imo i think you can still get a little kik ass car out of the jazz!

as for comparisons i agree with jus-10 on the fact it depends which civic

Pete :)

Jus-10
09-09-2004, 05:52 PM
True i mean overall how does everyone feel abt their jazz's? i mean given a choice would you choose anthoer car once u've owned ur jazz?

Everyone here knows how much I love my Jazz. I traded in a 2003 BMW 3 series sport to get the Jazz and I haven't regretted it since. There is no way I would go back to the BMW and I'm not bullsh*tting either.

People think I'm crazy and all, but I really do like my Jazz and I enjoy driving it and modding it, etc.

TypeG
09-09-2004, 07:17 PM
lol
get a jazz unless u get EK civic
new civic is nth good

Geoffy
09-09-2004, 07:49 PM
Speed wise who will have the upper hand??? I know Civic vtec will cain a Jazz but how abt the other models???

rAySiR
09-09-2004, 09:09 PM
Speed wise who will have the upper hand??? I know Civic vtec will cain a Jazz but how abt the other models???
well geoffy that will depend on the driver... :D

Jus-10
09-09-2004, 10:35 PM
Jazz VTi or VTi-S should be able to give it to the D-powered Civics so long as the Jazz is manual.

I wouldn't be scared about having a go against a VTi-R civic either. The Jazz might just might surprise you...just like how mine surprised a certain H22A powered Prelude that is a member of this forum.

Don't be put off by it's "cuteness"

EG4
09-09-2004, 10:39 PM
sounds like everyone has got their hands down for a jazz
might have go down to the local honda dealer and see if i can get a test drive

is there much difference between the vti-s/vti models compared to the others?

Jus-10
09-09-2004, 10:51 PM
The vti and vti-s have the same drivetrain...that is 1.5 SOHC 16v with vtec. The other one, the GLi, has a 1.3 SOHC 8valve DSi engine.

Apart from that, the difference between the VTi and VTi-S is purely cosmetic. Over the VTi, the VTi-S has the kit, 15inch alloys, fog lights and leather steering wheel.

Geoffy
09-09-2004, 11:13 PM
well geoffy that will depend on the driver... :D
True that... Didn't know you would be lurking in here hahaha...

But yeah for the guy who's gonna go look for a Jazz
I brought mine on Monday

Jazz VTi-S, Manual, Vivid Blue, Sports Grille, Tints, Alarm, Matts, 1 years rego and Full tank for 24.5 at the dealer in Parra...

rAySiR
09-09-2004, 11:22 PM

I brought mine on Monday

Jazz VTi-S, Manual, Vivid Blue, Sports Grille, Tints, Alarm, Matts, 1 years rego and Full tank for 24.5 at the dealer in Parra...
so u got ur jazzzz already aye.... congrats man.....
i should jus chat with u on msn... :D

carbine
10-09-2004, 12:10 AM
Cxi 0-100 in about 10.5, jazz vti-s about the same. Would come down to the driver. Vti would probaly nudge our a jazz vti-s.

Vti-r would destroy it.

TypeG
10-09-2004, 12:56 AM
true, EK4 will smoke a Jazz for sure but Ek4 is an old car which should be takeover by new generation car
Jazz with IHE with a fine tune will able to have similar power as an EK4(dun quote me until i get mine done)

Jus-10
10-09-2004, 08:50 AM
Wheels mag has tested the VTi at 0-100kmh at 9.3secs from memory (manual). We all know how "slow" their results can be....

It is no slouch and as said it, should give it to the D-powered civics...The Jazz also seems to respond quite well to basic mods, so it there is a bit more to be had....

Andys
10-09-2004, 09:00 AM
What I liked about the jazz and sold it for me, is it is so practical (you can't believe how much space there is and how much you can fit in there until you try it),

Yet with the car empty, it goes and handles well enough for a spirited drive through the mountains. Get the VTi, slap on some better tyres (and/or wheels) and enjoy!

muli
10-09-2004, 10:07 AM

I brought mine on Monday

whats the sports grill look like?
the latest wheel or motor magazine quoted 9.3secs for jazz 0-100km/h

i've driven the new civic and it feels slower than the jazz. I kept up neck to neck with a new mini, not the supercharged version

egSi
10-09-2004, 11:32 AM
word.

i got a eg5 Si and i was considering selling my car and gettin a jazz, BUT

well i wussed out coz there arent that many parts avaliable yet, they havent been released in the US yet(end of year i think) and me not being and massive spoon/mugen fan.

BUT just wait till dc sports and aem get their hand on one of those babies!!

get a jazz man. get some bolt ons, gut it and get some light 15s. will haul arse!!!! :)

civics have been done to death AND ive got one ;)

JAZZ owns new civics

wyl03
10-09-2004, 11:35 AM
i don't think the jazz will be a big hit in the US. the yanks like their cars big and loud. :cool:

egSi
10-09-2004, 11:38 AM
i don't think the jazz will be a big hit in the US. the yanks like their cars big and loud. :cool:

hmmmmm i duno hondas are pretty big over their.

more US companies making honda gear than aussie.....

Geoffy
10-09-2004, 11:50 AM
whats the sports grill look like?
I'll show u a pic after i get it on Monday...

Sp00n
11-09-2004, 09:44 AM
the sports grill?
isnt it the grill that looks like it has a wing sorta thing in the middle of it?

but i gotta say.. the jazz is a pretty cool car...
have u ever tried to fit 4 people in the back seat?
one fat-arse and 3 skinny people? the boot is big enough for me to fit it (albeit a little uncomfortably) but with the seats down, you can fit so much stuff in there... its not funny

Geoffy
12-09-2004, 08:31 AM
yeah that's the one...

kuso
13-09-2004, 12:25 AM
What does your sports grille look like

gelo
13-09-2004, 01:14 AM
true, EK4 will smoke a Jazz for sure but Ek4 is an old car which should be takeover by new generation car

theres nothing in the honda aus range to follow up the ek4
if they arnt gonna give us a type R at least give us a SiR

i would no doubt have bought the jazz vti-s if i didnt happen to find my black ek4 ( ive alwasy wanted a black one)

SiR
13-09-2004, 01:48 AM
I test-drove a VTi-S with the 7 speed semi-auto yesterday. A fun little car. It was zippy and had decent power - the price is a little steep though. Having said that, I would probably still take one over the 7th Gen Civic.

TypeRice
25-09-2006, 10:44 PM
do all Jazz haf Vtec engines?

QuintessentiaLs
26-09-2006, 09:42 AM
do all Jazz haf Vtec engines?
Only the VTEC ones ;)

Pogi
26-09-2006, 06:38 PM
Lolz obviously. :)

Just the VTi and VTi-S models. GLi has a lawnmower type R engine.

IAMVTEC
26-09-2006, 07:11 PM
Keep the EG, I dont like hatches much but the EG has some potential and can be alright if you keep it modded and looking nice. Jazz, its a nice car and practical but I dont think its good for your image. I dont want to travel in something that was obviously designed to be cute.

Vinnie
26-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Keep the EG, I dont like hatches much but the EG has some potential and can be alright if you keep it modded and looking nice. Jazz, its a nice car and practical but I dont think its good for your image. I dont want to travel in something that was obviously designed to be cute.

lol and an 06 civic is a really tough car ;)

but with the civic vs. jazz thing jus look at the 2 and decide which one better suits ur needs. look at features, size, cost, scope for modding etc. depending on what u want. :)

IAMVTEC
26-09-2006, 10:25 PM
I dont want a tough car. You wouldn't call the new Civic hard but its not really a soft car either. The headlights look quite aggressive and the proportions are not round.

TypeRice
29-09-2006, 01:16 PM
vti jazz is the one with the stock bodykit yeah??

how come my sister has a jazz with no stock bodykit.. so its probably a gli.. yet it has a vtec engine under the bonnet????

magii
29-09-2006, 01:33 PM
vti-S is the one with stock body kit
vti is the same as vti-s minus the body kit
gli is the one without vtec

the vtec in the jazz's are only sohc, so dont think too highly of them ;)

TypeRice
29-09-2006, 01:56 PM
ohhh so my sister's jazz is probably a VTI then

and its auto..

but u can press these buttons on the steering wheel to change gears =)

how do u engage in vtec with a jazz ?

heheh

barefootbonzai
29-09-2006, 03:22 PM
Keep the EG

advice given 2 years too late.

i_jazz_u
14-11-2010, 02:46 PM
I know this is a dead post, but tried a lil power to weight ratio with a vti jazz and a ek civic vtir...apparently jazz has the higher ratio number therefor it would have a chance is winning?