PDA

View Full Version : 2nd hand accord advice please

tru3_k177
02-05-2008, 02:24 PM
hi guys, since i trash my last accord about a month ago, i have been looking for a new or 2nd hand one since, and i hope i found the right one...
can you guys comment please...

its manual 5 spd, $8900 (going to ask for lower), 149.500KM, 97 VTi, 6 Speaker Stereo, Abs (Antilock Brakes), Air Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, Body Colour - Bumpers, Cd Player, Central Locking, Cruise Control, Drivers Airbag, Electric Seat - Drivers, Integrated Security System, Power Steering, Power Windows - Front & Rear, Radio Cassette, Sunroof.

what can you guys comment on this?
is it worth the price? if not, howmuch is the ideal price for this kind of car?
thanx guys

Eclipsor
02-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Seems like a reasonable price. All depends on tthe condition too.

Jackson15
02-05-2008, 02:52 PM
did they still use cassette decks back in 97 ? my how time flies :)

sounds pretty good, get a check and all the usual blah blah :)

hope my 1 cent helps, what colour/condition of paint ?

skyflyer
02-05-2008, 03:00 PM
I have original cassette player from Honda in my 96 VTi-S. It's VTi-S but cassette player... duh lol...

Just for reference/comparison, I bought mine for $6000 but odo is over 200K. Paint is good no rust no obvious scratch around corners nothing. And it's auto VTi-S.

You can get the car valued to see how much it is worth. Cheers.

DeejCD5
02-05-2008, 03:32 PM
mmm sounds a bit steep to me. Depends on the condition of the car. I wouldnt pay over 8,000. I bought a auto 95' vti-s for 7000 with just under 200 clicks. Check to see if its got a good service history. If u think its been treated well go for it.

SiReal
02-05-2008, 03:36 PM
u can start getting next shape accords for a bit under 10k now.

tru3_k177
02-05-2008, 03:58 PM
my budget is actually 5k since i got mine last time for 3.5k and its a 95 and fully mod with custom speakers, lowered, central locks and all that stuff.

this colour is silver blue and hopefully its more to the silver side.

Riviera
02-05-2008, 05:01 PM
yea but your last accord didnt have VTEC yo ...
its all about vtec

subliminal
02-05-2008, 08:51 PM
I picked my stock as a rock 95 VTi 5spd with 127 thou on the clock for $7500 with no rust etc. But that was through a friend... $8900 definitely seems a bit high, maybe $7500-8000 would be more reasonable for what it is.

skyflyer
02-05-2008, 10:08 PM
u can start getting next shape accords for a bit under 10k now.

Just purely my opinion, I won't get a next gen Accord (CG Accord) simply because I always like CD Accord much more than any other Accord (except JDM CF Accord, Euro R CL1, and Accord Euro). Maybe I'm biased towards CD lol...

If I'm not mistaken CD Accord was made in Japan whereas next gen Accord and onwards were made in Thailand (except Accord Euro).

FAT VTI
02-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Just purely my opinion, I won't get a next gen Accord (CG Accord) simply because I always like CD Accord much more than any other Accord (except JDM CF Accord, Euro R CL1, and Accord Euro). Maybe I'm biased towards CD lol...

If I'm not mistaken CD Accord was made in Japan whereas next gen Accord and onwards were made in Thailand (except Accord Euro).

pretty sure thats correct.
I agree, cd5 is by far the best shape accord. other than euro it is the only 1 i like.

8900 is very rich for vti. vti-s would fish around the 8k mark, depending on alot of things. Most advice I can give you, if it looks well maintained, the extra 900 or watever it is you might as well pay it. reason being, if the car has been thrashed and is 2k cheaper, you will bet your bottom dollar you will have ongoing hassles and prob spend the same money.
Be sure the first time.

Dray_Templar
02-05-2008, 11:54 PM

some were made in USA im pretty sure... think mine was its a 98 V6-L

Riviera
03-05-2008, 09:18 AM

well the CD is pure sex lol

its low, sleek, sexy front end, sexy rear, straight... mmmmmm

skyflyer
03-05-2008, 11:01 PM
This is the only other Accord I want to get in the future (maybe importing it to Aus). This is the Euro R CL1 that I mentioned earlier on:

http://carview-img02.bmcdn.jp/carlife/images/user/276703/p1.jpg

subliminal
04-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Wow I've never even seen them before. Looks kinda like a beefier version of the JDM DC2R. Very nice. (even though its kinda offtopic :p)

Riviera
04-05-2008, 10:17 AM
doesnt that have H22A in it???

pretty sure H22A

interfooler
04-05-2008, 10:49 AM
I wanna get that as my next car too. Can probably do a bulk import if more people are getting it

skyflyer
04-05-2008, 01:42 PM
220HP H22A1 like the one in Prelude Type S. It is based on JDM CF Accord (the 6th gen Accord in Japan). We only get CG Accord here (6th gen Accord for rest of world that was made in Thailand - in Japan the CG Accord is a Honda Inspire).

skyflyer
05-05-2008, 12:52 AM
I wanna get that as my next car too. Can probably do a bulk import if more people are getting it

Not sure how much it's gonna cost us at the end of the day. Maybe it turns out to be costing the same (if not pricier) than the current Accord Euro. Well if I can get my hands on this in Aus I would rather get this than Accord Euro as this is rarer :P

tru3_k177
29-05-2008, 12:07 PM
hey guys...
would you prefer to get this

1997 HONDA ACCORD VTi, manual 5 spd, $8500 (going to ask for lower), 150.000KM, 97 VTi, 6 Speaker Stereo, Abs (Antilock Brakes), Air Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, Body Colour - Bumpers, Cd Player, Central Locking, Cruise Control, Drivers Airbag, Electric Seat - Drivers, Integrated Security System, Power Steering, Power Windows - Front & Rear, Radio Cassette, Sunroof.

or this?

2000 HONDA ACCORD VTi-L, 5 speed manual, $10,500(going to ask for lower), 15In Alloy Wheels, 4 Speaker Stereo, Abs (Antilock Brakes), Adjustable Steering Col. - Tilt Only, Air Conditioning, Airbags - Driver & Passenger (Dual), Body Colour - Bumpers, Body Colour - Fittings, Cd Player, Central Locking, Central Locking - Remote/Keyless, Cruise Control, Disc Brakes Front Ventilated, Disc Brakes Rear Solid, Electric Mirrors, Engine Immobiliser, Intermittent Wipers - Variable, Log Books, Power Door Mirrors, Power Steering, Power Windows - Front & Rear, Radio Cassette, Remote Boot/Hatch Release, Remote Fuel Lid Release, Tacho, Trip Computer, Velour Trim, Woodgrain - Centre Console

but with the second one, i have to travel about 2.30 hours to get the car. do you guys think it's worth the trip?

Riviera
29-05-2008, 05:15 PM
97 accord is a CD5 isnt it

what do u want from your car???
bit of go and luxury?
full bowl of rice?

only thing dumb about that accord is its ugly boot lol
but its got a blank bonnet with no badge which is good

i dunno man id be saying CD5 only cause i have one...

also i dont think its worth the trip

edit: what colours are they?

skyflyer
29-05-2008, 10:21 PM
97 accord is a CD5 isnt it

what do u want from your car???
bit of go and luxury?
full bowl of rice?

only thing dumb about that accord is its ugly boot lol
but its got a blank bonnet with no badge which is good

i dunno man id be saying CD5 only cause i have one...

also i dont think its worth the trip

edit: what colours are they?

Well I disagree. The 96/97 (as seen in JTCC car) has nicer boot than earlier CD. Earlier had unresolved tail light.

If I were you I will get the 97 but I'm very biased when buying car. So it depends on you, if you like the 2000 and want to move on with different Accord (assuming that you had CD before), then go ahead. What is the odo for the 2000 CG?

tru3_k177
31-05-2008, 12:57 PM
1997: odo is 150,000
exterior colour: silver blue
interior colour :Grey

2000: odo is 110,000
exterior colour: Champagne
interior colour :Beige

either way there is a very high possibility (over 90%) that i am going to re-paint the car black and blue inside (not sure why but i like blue :>)

interfooler
31-05-2008, 01:07 PM
if i were i would get the CD5 cuz i think it just looks way better.

skyflyer
31-05-2008, 01:34 PM
if i were i would get the CD5 cuz i think it just look way better.

Agreed with him on the CD. Buy the CD mate :) CG is gay (sorry no offence to CG owners sorry).

One thing to note, never buy a car and re-consider painting it later - you end up spending much more money than if you get the car with the colour you like in the first place, unless if you know or have a relative that is a painter or panel beater. Just wait and keep looking. It will pop one day.

Good luck.

tru3_k177
02-06-2008, 11:23 PM
i've been looking for such car...but i can't find it...
i've been using my girlfriend's car and she isn't very happy about it since its her only car and i've been using it for the past 3-4 months.

i'm going to ask around about car painting sometime next week.

skyflyer
03-06-2008, 03:59 AM
i've been looking for such car...but i can't find it...
i've been using my girlfriend's car and she isn't very happy about it since its her only car and i've been using it for the past 3-4 months.

i'm going to ask around about car painting sometime next week.

You have nice GF mate :)

Another option would be Prelude 3rd gen.

subliminal
03-06-2008, 02:29 PM
FYI, CDs never came in black, in Aus atleast, closest thing would probably be the Sherwood Green... And I agree with everyone else, CD is a much better platform than the CG :thumbsup: