PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Accord V6 - L .... irritations?

gbshonda
02-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Hi

I thought I might start a thread called - 2005 Accord V6 - L .... irritations?

What have been your experiences, were there issues that Honda Servicing are unable to correct or thought you were going mad?

Cheers

Geoff

gbshonda
02-05-2008, 06:14 PM
I will start it off.

I put my car in for a service, had the auto done also at 25K.

Everything was fine before, got the car back and the auto changes gears harshly on the down change, particularly when braking from 80kph to 60kph.

It gets out of 5th and jumps into 3rd (2500 rpms) then 4th.

It never used to do it, they tell me that there are no codes showing up.

I hate it.

If someone has an answer I will send you a beer.

Thanks

Geoff

dupac->
02-05-2008, 06:25 PM
is this model same as the 2000 accord?

jamchen
03-05-2008, 12:25 PM
I will start it off.

I put my car in for a service, had the auto done also at 25K.

Everything was fine before, got the car back and the auto changes gears harshly on the down change, particularly when braking from 80kph to 60kph.

It gets out of 5th and jumps into 3rd (2500 rpms) then 4th.

It never used to do it, they tell me that there are no codes showing up.

I hate it.

If someone has an answer I will send you a beer.

Thanks

Geoff

I think it is called the grade logic or something.. basically it downshifts itself in order to minimize pressure on brakes, which is very helpful when downhilling...
But as you mentioned it never happened before, did you have the pads changed recently? or changed driving habit? or they have changed the ATF?

IF not, try to have the ATF reflushed and changed for good.

gbshonda
04-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Hi

The only thing that happened was the auto oil was changed, as well as engine service.

No brake pad change. The thing that they did was hook up OBD II connector to check engine ECU to check for codes or issues, there were none. Then they checked the computer on the auto transmission, no codes showing.

They did say that they thought the engine idle was a little fast, always sat at about 650rpm, now it sits at 550rpm.

I thought this may have been the issue, because the butterfly maybe too closed, causing fuel starvation on deceleartion when my foot leaves the accelerator pedal and then is on the brake pedal, and as a result, with too little fuel, the computer thinks that the engine is starving for fuel, so it changes down to get more revs and so more fuel.

My thinking anyway

Thanks so far for the assistance

Geoff