PDA

View Full Version : Lets Talk d-series

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

beeza
03-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Thought this would be a good idea for a thread to talk about the wonderful d-series engine.No bitching b's vs d's,just d talk :D

I'll kick it off with a couple of questions :)

-What engine would be the best choice for a d-series turbo build?

-Does Head work,P&P,3 angle valve job etc etc give you more top end at the sacrifice of low end on a turbo d?

Sexc86
03-05-2008, 01:01 PM
D16y1 or d16y8. They are the best. They have vtec yo, flow the most.. best aftermarket support as well. And all their parts are interchangeable with all other SOHC efi Dseries engines. (so if you blow up a gearbox or something similar ... bam lay down $300 for parts and labour and your back running again.

Some may say go the D16z8/zc.... because its twincam. But aftermarket support is shit, everything is uniquie in the Dohc d16 so close to nothing is interchangeable. Once the build on a zc is off the ground pretty much everything needs to be custom made or is expensive as.... and if thats the case.. may as well swap the b. Because lets face it, only reason to run the turbo d is for value.

usually the sohc doesnt rev as high but with a valve / camshaft / valve job / Pnp or whatever its easily possibly to be makeing power up to 8.5 to 9k. but at the end of the day dseries boxs have long gears (which is great for boost) so you dont really need to be makeing heaps of power at super high rpm.

my2c

thanks in advance

Regards Lyle

ps check out this thred. its been locked... but some good links and info

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67920

beeza
03-05-2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks Lyle.I read that whole thread b4,great info,that's why I put in the first post no bitching :)

"Because lets face it, only reason to run the turbo d is for value."
I never thought it out but now that I have,this is absolutely correct.BONUS!
Luke just got 120kw which is awesome power for the money spent.
I was steering towards a Turbo d because I feel it would be a mad fun car to drive vs a NA car and that's really what you want an enjoyable car to drive so when ya girl asks you to drive her somewhere you got something to smile about.hehehe.

Without touching any of the internals what is a safe number to set the rev limiter too on these 2 engines?

Would you use just the stock gear boxes that come with the engine with no modifications?

JasonGilholme
03-05-2008, 02:49 PM
Should this be in the FI section??

Beeza: It depends on how much power/RPM you are planning on running. If you're thinking of going custom then you should be having long conversations with people that have done it before so that you don't make the same mistakes as other people.

Either that or buy an off the shelf kit that has proven gains/reliability.

Sexc86
03-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Leave your rev limiter standard on whatever engine you choose. unless you build the head. Then you rev limiter would be based on what your head (with the new work/parts) will make power to.
It really comes down to the work you put into it.. what parts you use, who builds and tunes it.

Standard gearboxs are fine... but as you will never find a brand new dseries box you will alwayes have 2nd hand (pot luck) boxs.. some will be in better condition then others. The gears are very strong.. its usually the bearing and syncros that fail (not because they are shit.. usually from age. 150xxxk+ old).
You would be surprised what a OEM spec rebuilt gearbox can take.

I know the y8 box is the pick up the crop (apparently) slightly thicker gears with shorter ratios. also the JDM d15 (sohc Vtec) has a 1way clutch LSD from factory.

Should you blow a box up... either rebuild to OEM spec, should last you a long time with lots and lots of abuse .. or just buy another potluck box for $100. $300 installed ready to go. (might last 5xxx might last 50xxx)

beeza
03-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Jase-Yeah it should...I started the thread just wanting to talk about the d but since the only way to make power with them is to turbo them,then that's what will be spoken about.

I was wanting to keep the build simple and as cheap as possible.So not customising but head work like Weq's would be sweet as long as it didn't sacrifice low end power.

I know the Greddy Turbo kit off US ebay is the best value for money at $2300 but how does that compare to buying a second hand turbo kit for $1500?

Lyle-Thank U.Gearbox $300 installed is music to the ears.How much would you be looking at for an engine to be swapped if you blew the one your using?

btw I'm so glad I started this thread,I can see my dreams come to reality :)

[ricer]
03-05-2008, 03:32 PM
isnt there a forum for this?
d series org or something?

everyone there will have information for u beeza...

btw i had a turbo y4 and only problem was ecu... it doesnt run a typical obd1 or obd2 set up...
easiest way would have probably been to run a emanage or something

d15z1SUX
03-05-2008, 03:38 PM
hi guys. got my eyes set on a jdm d15b. thinking just to go headers and full exhaust and a cam. probably a crower stage 2 or something. then after that just leave it as that for a few years.

also any other good obd1 d-series engines to look at? is it worth converting to obd2 for a d16y8?

also jdm d15b doesnt really have any aftermarket support for the bottom end right? any oem ones to use to bump up the compression?

beeza
03-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Ricer-Yeah I was a member on there for a year and there's a lot of GREAT info but it's just different...it just seems a lot easier to be chatting locally so we are on the same page.And I'm banned from there for speaking up about the American government.They took it very personnally...

I got a y4 atm and I bought greddy e-manage but I feel I'm just throwing good money after bad on my automatic.So I decided to start saving and do it the right way.Turbo d + VTec :)

d15z1SUX-Just make sure that's what you want.I mean you don't want to spend 2-3k or whatever only to not be satisfied with it and spend more money getting what you want.
Everyone will say and I definately agree Turbo d + VTec is the shazizzle.Only way to get real power from the d.

Sexc86
03-05-2008, 04:31 PM
IMO i wouldnt ever swap the jdm d15b. the d16y1 is superior in every way (except the box).

That box price is aproximate. as well as prices for other things if/when you replace. but either way you will pay less then maintaining other engines out there.

Management... yes you will need a kit with a PROPER management. not a FMU or a HACK or that bullshit. Atleast a Entry level Emanage where you can adjust ignition timing as well as fuel mixture etc.

To be honest buying a Turbo "Kit" is like buying a Crate engine.... Ask the DOHC N/A boys. The money you pay for a Crate engine like Spoon or JUN..
you could much cheaper build a more powerfull engine custom made... Its like
you could part together a way better turbo kit for the same price as buying a offshelf one. Only downfall is a bit more time and research. but you should never rush into thist stuff clueless... i learnt the hard way.

Man you really need to get in friendly with the ammericans. because there are alot more people on their forems who know what they are talking about. rather then here... takeing stabs in the dark.

www.d-series.org
www.turbod16.com
www.honda-tech.com

Your best friends. To source parts and infomation. Nothing more to be said.
You just need to understand their honda language. eg

D16z6 = D16y1
SI = VTIR
Etc etc

d15z1SUX
03-05-2008, 04:43 PM
oh... where did the d16y1 come from?

Sexc86
03-05-2008, 05:00 PM
92 - 95 Civic VTI SOHC Vtec d16y1

Same power as jdm d15b. More torque, more aftermarket support, more common therefor cheaper. the JDM d15 box can go on any Efi Sohc D16.

d15z1SUX
03-05-2008, 05:04 PM
ah okay cool. they come from the hatch right. someone told me the sedan vti made less power?

Dy_
03-05-2008, 05:35 PM
got a y8 in mine.

what are the main differences between the y1 and y8? intake manifold on y8 slightly bigger?
what else is there

beeza
03-05-2008, 05:40 PM
I will join up turbod16.com.I despise the attitude on Honda-tech.

Management-Really the only way to go is Hondata right.I know the guys in the states mostly use crome but you never hear of that program here.What advantages does Hondata have over emanage?

That's really good to hear about puting a kit together.I've got time and it will be a great learning experience.

That's exactly the problem I had,the different terms/numbers.Felt like a whole new ball game but is it the same engine etc or are they different?

Dy_
03-05-2008, 05:46 PM
yeah i also give dseries.org the thumbs up.

dahon
03-05-2008, 05:56 PM
isnt jdm d15b the 3stage vtec engine?
y wouldnt you build one of those? expensive?

beeza: nice! decided for the turbo setup aye? i myself am thinking of either going turbo route or for a full engine swap to a b/k maybe... but still undecided hehehe. man i cant wait to see a sweet as d16 turbo sedan around.

55EXX
03-05-2008, 06:12 PM
so what about the d16a8 dohc in my eg SI what would you suggest i do? seeing as i have the least aftermarket support in terms of the d series engines would you build upon the engine i have or swap to the y1/y8? i was planing a b16a2 ek4 engine swap when my engine got sad (cheap and effective). i will most probably still go through with that but just want to know if there would be a cheaper more effective way to more power in a daily driven car.

Sexc86
03-05-2008, 07:35 PM
im unsure about this stage 3 vtec business.. all i know is the power output is the same as the d16y1 but less torque.. with a unique bottom end?

Rohan.

To be honest man... i wouldnt SWAP INTO my car a d16a8 (i went through this path). but if you have it stock to begin with thats a different story. Like wise the typical argument with the B16 boys... yes the bseries is a superior platform from stock.. and i wouldnt swap in a turboD IF i had one stock in my bay. This rout is purely for people who have them in their cars to begin with.
I guess it really does depend man on how much power your aiming for. for a starters. A bolt on setup on your car would be no different to any other SOHC setup.. (except your exhaust manifold) (All SOHC manifolds Intake/exhaust are the same and interchangeable, but not the DOHC. The twin cam is unique hence why you will find it hard to source aturbo kit to suit it) its just when you take it further... (intake manifold, cams, valve train) that there seems to be less parts for. I dont beleve there were many Dohc Dseries in the usa hence why the aftermarket support is smaller.

you should join up on CRXaustralia. there are a few boys on there who run alot of DOHC Ds with forced induction impressive numbers. its not uncommon to seen 130 - 140wkw Bolt on, low boost turbo setups. Good for low 13s. you should Pm john (the owner of CRX australia) or speak to him on a cruise (he lives in brisbane atm. ACS DRAG i believe his name is on ozhonda. He runs a 220 Wkw 11sec (Full slicks + Pro driver + c16 + 30psi) boosted d16a8. he maybe able to point you into the right direction with aftermarket support, i think he runs JnE pistons and Crower/Eagle rods.. unsure about headwork.

hope this helps dood.

Lukezen27
03-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Man I've being look'n for a JDM d15 box :p

That only real difference with Hondata and e-manage is finding someone who knows how to set them up and and who's willing to tune em in OZ for Honda ap's

Took me about 3 or 4 months to get the e-manage setup correctly but now I know how to it would only take 5 seconds lol

EG5[KRT]
03-05-2008, 11:45 PM
d series ftw :D

beeza
04-05-2008, 01:11 AM
Yeah I really was in 2 minds for a while there about a b or d but I always have loved the d.I feel it would be a 'funner' car to drive.A b seems great raw power that just loves to be revved out and the Turbo d would just be a more practical car for zipping around.I've had slow cars all my life so a 120kw d Turbo will be sa-weet! I just hope,like everyone that petrol prices don't go to much higher...

"This route is purely for people who have them in their cars to begin with" - Oh come on Lyle :) ,even though I haven't driven the b,I just Love the d,the feeling,sound,it just lacks power without the Turbo.Gotta get the Turbo,then I'll be a happy boy!

Without the aftermarket support for the d16a8 engine,it's just not worth it.It will be like you throw a heap of money at the engine only to come to a point where you can't turn back and have to throw more money at it to keep it running OR/AND pay too much for parts.Either way your trapped.Same thing that was happening with my d16y4.Plenty of people have gone down that path but it's all learning,it's all good.I came to a point where I was like OK I'm either gonna throw it in and give up modding the car but if you have the knowledge and know where to get the parts (Thank U OZHONDA people's :) :) ) you can make your dreams come reality at an affordable price.It's Awesome cause everyone inspires each other.

What do you mean by Honda ap's Luke?

beeza
04-05-2008, 01:12 AM
;1669981']d series ftw :D

Fa Sure man,Fa Sure :thumbsup:

AKmotorworks
04-05-2008, 03:38 AM
Brett, Turbo is bang for the buck if ur staying d series, but look at getting the auto switched to a manual.

Regarding ecu, going the hondata is going backwards in this case because you need to convert a fair bit to make it work on your car when the emanage when wired in correctly and tuned will run very cleanly without the mess of a conversion

55EXX
04-05-2008, 07:53 AM
i will continue with my swap as planned. d16a aftermarket support is not worth it. b16a is what i'm after. a very rev happy engine.

beeza you say you haven't driven a b. i am all for turbo d's but get out and drive a b or get in a car with someone who has DOHC vtec. i have driven my brother's jdm h22a and i would get that engine anyday of the week over my d. you'll find out why there is such a big fan base for vtec. i haven't been in a sohc vtec tho so maybe that will be very similar tho it is only on the induction valves that have the longer duration lift during vtec engagement. the change of engine note to a strong roar as the revs build faster like a second wind not stopping till over 7500rpm. its funny cos its like where other cars power dies off your car pulls harder leaving others changing gear and you pulling away.

i am not saying get a b but to have a go driving a b before you pour your money into a turbo d. research heavily. make sure your not wasting that hard earned for what might be a more enjoyable ride for you. na means less cops attention too.

i love me d16a. it has a pretty fat torque band down low for daily but once revs climb over 5k rpm it does well. i would turbo it i just don't wanna deal with the headaches turbo's do to a +250 000km engine like mine plus the small aftermarket support. rather swap it out for a newer engine with less k's more aftermarket support and is a stong base to start off with.

my 2c

JasonGilholme
04-05-2008, 11:55 AM
I'll take him for a drive! :D:D :thumbsup:

beeza
04-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks Andy,I'll definately do a manual conversion at the same time.
Excellent,emanage is the go.WOOT WOOT! money I don't have to spend as I have the emanage.

Thanks 55EXX,I've been thinking the same thing :)

Yes please Jase.We gotta meet up sometime.Cheers mate!
btw I know I will fall in love with your car/engine.hehehe.

It's such a drug,cant stop thinking about this new project.

NightKids
04-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Yeah i've considered turbo'ing but the thing is my engine has done 200,000km so I reckon that's gonna be a bit of a problem. Has anyone here turbo'd a 200,000km D16Y1 engine?

LUD35
04-05-2008, 01:08 PM
55EXX :P ill take you for a drive. stuff the B or D series :P K series FTW

Lukezen27
04-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Yeah i've considered turbo'ing but the thing is my engine has done 200,000km so I reckon that's gonna be a bit of a problem. Has anyone here turbo'd a 200,000km D16Y1 engine?

I got mine rebuilt for $1200 bucks so who cares lol

Thanks Andy,I'll definately do a manual conversion at the same time.
Excellent,emanage is the go.WOOT WOOT! money I don't have to spend as I have the emanage.

GReddy cames with a pre-tuned e-manage for D16Y4 :)

JasonGilholme
04-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Yes please Jase.We gotta meet up sometime.Cheers mate!
btw I know I will fall in love with your car/engine.hehehe.

Just don't cream ya pants on my seats man! :o;):thumbsup::cool::honda::wave::p

[ricer]
04-05-2008, 02:39 PM
who did the rebuild? what was done?

GReddy cames with a pre-tuned e-manage for D16Y4 :) i always only found them for d16y1 or y8...

Lukezen27
04-05-2008, 02:54 PM
;1670409']who did the rebuild? what was done?

i always only found them for d16y1 or y8...

Hannys

New rings/bearing and so on...

kazam
04-05-2008, 03:00 PM
i have d16y1 in my eh9 (sedan eg) and dissapointingly, im having gbox issues and was quoted 1300 for a full gbox rebuild, and the cars only dun 104,000 k's so thats very annoying, and it was a 1 lady owner for 95,000 k's b4 i got 2 it, im not sure wat cause the gbox issues, i've never dun a burnout in this car or nething so *shrugz* so im contemplating wether to switch to a b-series then boost wen i get my fulls or go dodgy and get gbox fixed and greddy kit it right now...

Lukezen27
04-05-2008, 03:06 PM
i have d16y1 in my eh9 (sedan eg) and dissapointingly, im having gbox issues and was quoted 1300 for a full gbox rebuild, and the cars only dun 104,000 k's so thats very annoying, and it was a 1 lady owner for 95,000 k's b4 i got 2 it, im not sure wat cause the gbox issues, i've never dun a burnout in this car or nething so *shrugz* so im contemplating wether to switch to a b-series then boost wen i get my fulls or go dodgy and get gbox fixed and greddy kit it right now...

Call Hannys for a quote,

kazam
04-05-2008, 03:07 PM
i think hanny's is a treck for me neway, which area was he again?

Lukezen27
04-05-2008, 03:11 PM
i think hanny's is a treck for me neway, which area was he again?

Smithfield area

Its worth it though, I drive all the way from Manly :p

kazam
04-05-2008, 03:24 PM
yeh i guess i'll just call.. just devo about my gbox, cant imagine y it wouldah happened, i spend alot of time in nuetral neway lol im one of those guys that rolls to every light etc...

dahon
04-05-2008, 03:27 PM
gotta love rolling to the lights.. hehehehe
i always laugh at the doods that accelerate to them red lights.. haha
for the torque of the d, is it comparable with a b series? cos i heard theyre pretty similar?

Lukezen27
04-05-2008, 03:28 PM
yeh i guess i'll just call.. just devo about my gbox, cant imagine y it wouldah happened, i spend alot of time in nuetral neway lol im one of those guys that rolls to every light etc...

I needed a re-build coze my ringer were f--ked after only 94,000k

I'm only the second owner but the check that owned it from new only changed the oil like 4 times :thumbdwn:

kazam
04-05-2008, 03:32 PM
hmmm the lady that had my car from new was sum milf from mosman who owned a peugeot aswell and she only used this as her weekend car 2 get 2 the beach and tennis etc coz it has a sunroof and so on, i really doubt the oil was EVER changed to be honest, she's got full log books but no mention of transmission oil anywhere... u think that may be the reason?

Lukezen27
04-05-2008, 03:35 PM
hmmm the lady that had my car from new was sum milf from mosman who owned a peugeot aswell and she only used this as her weekend car 2 get 2 the beach and tennis etc coz it has a sunroof and so on, i really doubt the oil was EVER changed to be honest, she's got full log books but no mention of transmission oil anywhere... u think that may be the reason?

Oh might be, get you transmission oil changed first and see if that helps

kazam
04-05-2008, 03:55 PM
already did, didn't help at all...

NightKids
04-05-2008, 05:13 PM

Yeah i know i asked you already how much your rebuilt cost. But I've been getting some quotes around Melbourne & it doesn't even come close to the $1200 range, more like $3000! It's ridiculous, why would i spend $3000 D-series (rebuild) & then spend another $5000 to turbo... just seems like too much money for a D

Lukezen27
04-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Yeah i know i asked you already how much your rebuilt cost. But I've been getting some quotes around Melbourne & it doesn't even come close to the $1200 range, more like $3000! It's ridiculous, why would i spend $3000 D-series (rebuild) & then spend another $5000 to turbo... just seems like too much money for a D

Is there anything wrong with the motor now?

B&J quote like $4000 hehe noobs

beeza
04-05-2008, 05:44 PM

Yeah sweet.Andy's gonna tune my car,I'm not gonna rush the build so I may aswell get my d16y4 auto tuned now.So cheap! Andy :thumbsup:

Haha.'ll try my best Jase :)

AKmotorworks
04-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Brettles, there are a few better cheaper options if u want to go over some possible conversions etc.

Email it :)

NightKids
04-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Is there anything wrong with the motor now?

B&J quote like $4000 hehe noobs

Yeah the rings are gone & blow out heaps of smoke @ higher revs

beeza
04-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Cool Andy! Lets chat :)

beeza
05-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Do you guys have a problem with Torque steering (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torque_steering) in your turbo d's?

Lukezen27
05-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Do you guys have a problem with Torque steering (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torque_steering) in your turbo d's?

Sure doi lol

beeza
05-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Is it a problem or how is it?

Lukezen27
05-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Is it a problem or how is it?

I find it fun but I nearly got pulled into a wall lol

beeza
05-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Do U think you could get it pretty wired for the track or...

Lukezen27
05-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Do U think you could get it pretty wired for the track or...

Never tracked is I can't answer that question....

Just get LSD :)

beeza
05-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Haha,finially read what an LSD does...I had an idea but wasn't 100%.Looks like that's the solution :)

AKmotorworks
05-05-2008, 07:19 PM
its not brett. D series will always have this problem, no matter what you do.

The problem is that they have unequal length driveshafts :)

Lukezen27
05-05-2008, 07:20 PM
its not brett. D series will always have this problem, no matter what you do.

The problem is that they have unequal length driveshafts :)

But dos'n LSD fix this?

AKmotorworks
05-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Um, no, for drag racing u could get away with it, for circuit, it will be tough, u can dial some of it out, but its inherent in the system.

Its not like it will be a pig of a car to drive, it could be fast if you set your suspensions and steering etc, but its not easy, especially when you could have dropped in a b series and do it the easier way.

Having said that, a turbo D series on the street is more user friendly in that it has a larger area of useable torque.

Lukezen27
05-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Um, no, for drag racing u could get away with it, for circuit, it will be tough, u can dial some of it out, but its inherent in the system.

Its not like it will be a pig of a car to drive, it could be fast if you set your suspensions and steering etc, but its not easy, especially when you could have dropped in a b series and do it the easier way.

Having said that, a turbo D series on the street is more user friendly in that it has a larger area of useable torque.

Oh well

The torques feak'n amazing though :thumbsup:

beeza
05-05-2008, 07:52 PM
I just love the feel of the d winding out.The b18c7 would be damn sweet too though.But Turbo is what's missing there...

beeza
05-05-2008, 09:13 PM
I Love this car,it's a sedan :) 405hp runnin' on race gas.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qm_jNcb1kNA

Holy moley:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azwzEghDX8U&feature=related

10 second pass:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH675NVftIY&feature=related

55EXX
05-05-2008, 09:28 PM
55EXX :P ill take you for a drive. stuff the B or D series :P K series FTW

yeah i've never been in a k but i bet k ftw easy.

k tho isn't bang for buck yet with engine prices quite high which is what beeza is after i think

beeza you say you love the d winding out well get in a b and let that wind out. add some bigger cams springs valve train bits and then let it really wind out. you sound like you love the revs. dohc is where its at. turbo d tho will give you fatter torque and therefore be better round the streets.

beeza
05-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Thanks man.U really need to try em'...

B147ch
06-05-2008, 09:19 AM
i've got a question about my d series..
looking at buying a hondata system but cant match my ECU. it should have a P28 ECU but i popped my bonnet and mine reads P08..
any help would be great.
cheers.

Lukezen27
06-05-2008, 09:58 AM
i've got a question about my d series..
looking at buying a hondata system but cant match my ECU. it should have a P28 ECU but i popped my bonnet and mine reads P08..
any help would be great.
cheers.

your ECU's not under the bonnet its under the gluve box

B147ch
06-05-2008, 10:05 AM
your ECU's not under the bonnet its under the gluve box

i knew that!! who said i didnt!!
lol thanks man ill have a look..

sendok
06-05-2008, 03:44 PM
how big kws are the d series + turbo produces normally?

kazam
06-05-2008, 03:47 PM
any where from 105 ATW on a low boost setup to high boost setups of 200 like weq's old setup :thumbsup:

tekung89
06-05-2008, 06:33 PM
boosted D on 10psi puts out 120-140kw with a tune would u'z all agree? we're talking on average. from wat i see, boost is much cheaper than trying to achieve the same power figure NA. atm im gathering parts for my final build and im aiming for 140kw atw. and PLEASE.. i had to learn it the hardway. DO IT ONCE, DO IT RIGHT

Lukezen27
06-05-2008, 06:45 PM
boosted D on 10psi puts out 120-140kw with a tune would u'z all agree? we're talking on average. from wat i see, boost is much cheaper than trying to achieve the same power figure NA. atm im gathering parts for my final build and im aiming for 140kw atw. and PLEASE.. i had to learn it the hardway. DO IT ONCE, DO IT RIGHT

On average they made about 100-115 after tune, that's with the GReddy Kits anyway, straight bolt-on

More when you start moding a bit and added a few things

tekung89
06-05-2008, 10:45 PM
serious? im pretty sure its higher than that. greddy = 5psi? with their tune. may im jus being abit narrow minded and referring only to y1 or y8 motor @ 10psi.

dahon
06-05-2008, 10:46 PM
would it be worth keeping your D turbo build on low boost for daily?
how much would that make atw? like say 5psi?

Lukezen27
06-05-2008, 10:49 PM
serious? im pretty sure its higher than that. greddy = 5psi? with their tune. may im jus being abit narrow minded and referring only to y1 or y8 motor @ 10psi.

Yup I'm serious

I made 97kw at 5psi and 110ish once tuned

Na 10 or 11 psi so is what I'll be running once I get a EBC

10 now but dies in the higher rev range

Benson
07-05-2008, 08:12 AM
lets see some turbo D's hit the 1/4mile one day... this thread is decieving

bennjamin
07-05-2008, 10:37 AM
hmm great point. I see lots of B series going on the 1/4 , but never turboed D's.
For similar peak power it would be interesting to see the end result down the 1/4.

Get some Ds in compaq attack guys !

[ricer]
07-05-2008, 12:05 PM
lets see some turbo D's hit the 1/4mile one day... this thread is decieving

didnt your mate run 14.8 in his 130kw d16y8 turbo?

Lukezen27
07-05-2008, 12:56 PM
hmm great point. I see lots of B series going on the 1/4 , but never turboed D's.
For similar peak power it would be interesting to see the end result down the 1/4.

Get some Ds in compaq attack guys !

As you know Ben

I can't do weed days but should you ever arrange weekends I'm there reps the boosted D's

Lukezen27
07-05-2008, 01:13 PM
As you know Ben

I can't do weed days but should you ever arrange weekends I'm there reps the boosted D's

;1674976']didnt your mate run 14.8 in his 130kw d16y8 turbo?

Bah that's a crap time..

I'm hoping to run low 14 to high 13 :)

iwantvtec
07-05-2008, 01:28 PM
hey can i ask you dseries peeps, "specially" melb folks do u guys get like alot of cop trouble? like c'mon how weird is it to see an eg fluttering LOL. but i admit very seksi.

grumpy rooster
07-05-2008, 01:40 PM
As you know Ben

Compak Attak is on Sunday the 18th of this month. :)

tekung89
07-05-2008, 06:23 PM
hey can i ask you dseries peeps, "specially" melb folks do u guys get like alot of cop trouble? like c'mon how weird is it to see an eg fluttering LOL. but i admit very seksi.

havnt got caught yet, i remember driving past a cop and holding the gear fearing that if i change to the next gear or let go too quik that it would flutter and he'd pull me over for a defect lol.

Lukezen27
07-05-2008, 06:41 PM
havnt got caught yet, i remember driving past a cop and holding the gear fearing that if i change to the next gear or let go too quik that it would flutter and he'd pull me over for a defect lol.

Its called an Engeneers certificate lol

I only roll legal and laugh at copes heheh

iwantvtec
07-05-2008, 08:01 PM
lol engineers cost lots of money $$$$~

Lukezen27
07-05-2008, 08:05 PM
lol engineers cost lots of money $$$$~

But I smash my car or someone ells they get paid and I get paid.... :thumbsup:

iwantvtec
07-05-2008, 08:24 PM
yer true dat.... wats needed for engineers? brake upgrade, sussy upgrade what else?

Lukezen27
07-05-2008, 08:30 PM
yer true dat.... wats needed for engineers? brake upgrade, sussy upgrade what else?

Really just the front brakes but there's no way I'd be roll'n with stock sussy on my power lol

This what I passed
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78487

iwantvtec
07-05-2008, 08:59 PM
so make sure have no PODDY? lol wtf...

Lukezen27
07-05-2008, 09:01 PM
so make sure have no PODDY? lol wtf...

Yup no pods EVER lol

iwantvtec
07-05-2008, 09:09 PM
hmmmm..... im planning to boost my b16a in the near future, considering i have a gli and the rear brakes r drums i should upgrade them to discs to get a engineers yer?

Lukezen27
07-05-2008, 09:16 PM
hmmmm..... im planning to boost my b16a in the near future, considering i have a gli and the rear brakes r drums i should upgrade them to discs to get a engineers yer?

Yup you'll need F&B brakes upgraded

I would say you should do it anyway with you B16 power upgrade

iwantvtec
07-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Yup you'll need F&B brakes upgraded

I would say you should do it anyway with you B16 power upgrade

true. crazy not to have the handling and the brakes for a b16.

[ricer]
08-05-2008, 12:05 PM
true. crazy not to have the handling and the brakes for a b16.

b16 isnt that powerful lol

Lukezen27
08-05-2008, 01:42 PM
;1676572']b16 isnt that powerful lol

lol @ Ricer

Benson
08-05-2008, 02:59 PM
;1676572']b16 isnt that powerful lol

so is d series turbo :P

iwantvtec
08-05-2008, 04:30 PM
b16 isnt that powerful lol

faster then any N/A d series.

tekung89
08-05-2008, 05:55 PM
here we go with the jokes. i love all honda motor whether it be a D, B, K etc accept carby lol. haters can go lick my left nut

beeza
08-05-2008, 07:59 PM
faster then any N/A d series.

Yes,I am slow :(

How much does the engineers certificate cost Luke?

EDIT: Ah just saw it in the other thread $800.

d15z1SUX
08-05-2008, 08:22 PM
n/a d series is wicked!!! in a slow way lol.

dahon
08-05-2008, 08:49 PM
wickedly slow.. hahaha nah its a trusty daily and id take a d series over any other similar spec'd engine..
btw, hey beeza, howd u get that xforce onto ur sedan? new b-pipe? cos im thinkin of buying one and i got stock piping.. =( (dun wanna buy new pipes just yet)

beeza
09-05-2008, 10:38 AM
The piping is heaps cheap.Just take it to a muffler shop and they will fab it up,it should be cheap as.Don't let em' rip ya off...
I got my header,hi-flow cat,muffler and he had to use a bit of piping installed for $180

Weq
09-05-2008, 12:29 PM
the JDM d15 box with LSD is overrated. Stock, clutch type LSD = single spinner in no time... OBX LSD ftw.

kazam
09-05-2008, 12:37 PM
ne1 no were i can get a d-series box from? i dont wanna have to pay 1300 for rebuild....

dahon
09-05-2008, 02:31 PM
sweet cheers beeza :)
kazam im sure u can find some around the wreckers or on here.. theyre quite common i hear

SINISTR
09-05-2008, 05:45 PM
D with SC FTW!!!

beeza
09-05-2008, 07:17 PM
What's SC SINISTR?

dc2dc2dc2
09-05-2008, 07:20 PM
supercharger?
thats my edumacated guess.

Lukezen27
09-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Super Kook maybe? hehe

Limo
09-05-2008, 11:15 PM

i probably get less cop attention than NA cos i have a quieter exhaust, but generally cops not hassle hondas too much in melb.. like come on its only a 1.6L 4cyl.. nothing like a 5L v8 etc. :p also yeh i get that "what the?" look when i cruise around the city etc

engineers cert isnt worth it here in melb, too much money for it + epa test, cos you can still get done for it and get another rwc with another emissions test to clear it.

Oxer
15-05-2008, 02:06 PM
n/a d series is wicked!!! in a slow way lol.

I plan on running an injected d in my eg soon.. Ive been rolling around in my carby eg for a while now but i find it to lack in power around the 6-8k rev range.. I drove my friends eg with the injected d in it and i found it to be a lot more enjoyable at high revs.

I have no intentions of running boost for the simple fact that N/A is Best! :p

Limbo
15-05-2008, 03:10 PM
turbos are quieter than NA for the same size exhaust

i probably get less cop attention than NA cos i have a quieter exhaust, but generally cops not hassle hondas too much in melb.. like come on its only a 1.6L 4cyl.. nothing like a 5L v8 etc. :p also yeh i get that "what the?" look when i cruise around the city etc

engineers cert isnt worth it here in melb, too much money for it + epa test, cos you can still get done for it and get another rwc with another emissions test to clear it.

SINISTR
15-05-2008, 04:53 PM
What's SC SINISTR?

Yes - Supercharger...

EDCivicPunk
18-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Hey all. Great thread this one. I am a noob here, but had my ED6 for about 12 months now. It is completely stock atm as i have other projects going on too.
I am a Cylinder Head reconditioner by trade, and was just wondering if there's anything people have done to a D15B4 head to get a little extra power. I am thinking of match porting it, and maybe even welding up the combustion chamber to raise compression, and getting a cam grind. Has anyone had any success doing any of this?
On top of that getting some headers/extractors and 2" exhaust fitted, for extra flow and a fatter sound.

Also, i need to change the timing belt in the next few weeks, and i was wondering if someone could post a link up on how to time one of these engines.

Thanks heaps, Riley.

tekung89
18-05-2008, 02:48 PM
i read somewhere long ago that there was this ED or another model before it that had a sohc vtec motor and ran somwhere in the 12seconds? maybe it was a honda city lols i dunno so dont quote me on it but if u do find the thread, throw the link in here.
from memory it think it weighed 600kg? with the sohc vtec motor

fatboyz39
18-05-2008, 07:34 PM
i read somewhere long ago that there was this ED or another model before it that had a sohc vtec motor and ran somwhere in the 12seconds? maybe it was a honda city lols i dunno so dont quote me on it but if u do find the thread, throw the link in here.
from memory it think it weighed 600kg? with the sohc vtec motor

You talking about the claimed 12sec honda city that weighed 700?

That shitbox won't even run a 14 sec pass! hahaha i've driven it TUNED and made 75kw atw. hahaha shithole! Very rough job. Oh and it weighs around 850kg +

R_RaTeD
18-05-2008, 09:45 PM
hey guys
this thread is gonna be my new home lol
i plan to turbo my car in 6 months or so ...
it is a d16y1 and is n/a atm ...
what can i build now to prepare for the turbo conversion like for example my head ? camshaft camgears blah blah ?

cheeers !

tekung89
19-05-2008, 11:13 AM

That shitbox won't even run a 14 sec pass! hahaha i've driven it TUNED and made 75kw atw. hahaha shithole! Very rough job. Oh and it weighs around 850kg +

lol so it was jus some fag who claimed he ran 12 secs? hahah :thumbsup: thanks for sharing and clearing things up.

tekung89
19-05-2008, 11:16 AM
hey guys
this thread is gonna be my new home lol
i plan to turbo my car in 6 months or so ...
it is a d16y1 and is n/a atm ...
what can i build now to prepare for the turbo conversion like for example my head ? camshaft camgears blah blah ?

cheeers !

build ur block? and regrind ur valves, thats all i would do

[ricer]
19-05-2008, 12:14 PM

did you buy it from here on the forum jimmy?

R_RaTeD
19-05-2008, 10:09 PM
build ur block? and regrind ur valves, thats all i would do

cheers man ...
i'll keep that in mind ...

R_RaTeD
19-05-2008, 10:14 PM
hey all ....
any of you guys wanna have a little d series meet this weekend ... ???
nothing big ...
just a bunch of washing machine sounding D's !
and maybe a few turbo'd D's
be a good chance to show each other's mods n stuff like that ...
let me know wat u guys think !

D Series Cruise = THE BOMBDIGGITY !

Lukezen27
19-05-2008, 10:18 PM
hey all ....
any of you guys wanna have a little d series meet this weekend ... ???
nothing big ...
just a bunch of washing machine sounding D's !
and maybe a few turbo'd D's
be a good chance to show each other's mods n stuff like that ...
let me know wat u guys think !

D Series Cruise = THE BOMBDIGGITY !

Sounds like a plan :)

kazam
19-05-2008, 10:19 PM
count me n my bombed gbox in!

dahon
19-05-2008, 10:31 PM
when and where buddy? :D

R_RaTeD
19-05-2008, 10:39 PM
any ideas guys ???
like yeh im from liverpool area where all u guys headin out from ?
wanna find a meeting spot thats convenient for everyone ...

d15z1SUX
19-05-2008, 10:40 PM
i wish it was in perth lol...

R_RaTeD
19-05-2008, 10:45 PM
i wish it was in perth lol...

ok lets move the meet to perth jkz ...
hmmm ... id say meet at like kk's or someshit since everyone knows there
or hungry jacks/car wash/bp down the road (less chance of popo)
and then maybe errrm drive somewhere and take pics of all the cars that showed up or something a lil cruise i dunno
im out of ideas lol

d15z1SUX
19-05-2008, 10:47 PM
your car looks a bit like mine R Rated.

beeza
19-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Start another thread R Rated :)

dahon
19-05-2008, 10:53 PM
better not be saturday night i have a piss up planned!
would you want it during the day or night?

R_RaTeD
19-05-2008, 10:54 PM
your car looks a bit like mine R Rated.

yours must look off its nut rofl !
pics plz
xP

R_RaTeD
19-05-2008, 10:56 PM
better not be saturday night i have a piss up planned!
would you want it during the day or night?

well i need everyones input on that ...
hehe which ever would have the better turn out i guess ??
the more the merrier ...

anyone who wants to see this meet happen feel free to add me on msn so we can further organise this meet
bcoz i dont wanna post a new thread when i dont really know where people would turn up to .lol

msn : lil_saiyaman@hotmail.com

d15z1SUX
19-05-2008, 11:43 PM
yours must look off its nut rofl !
pics plz
xP

http://i31.tinypic.com/b49c7r.jpg
thats it... its okay i guess... still a few things i wanna do looks wise.

R_RaTeD
20-05-2008, 06:00 PM
http://i31.tinypic.com/b49c7r.jpg
thats it... its okay i guess... still a few things i wanna do looks wise.

yeh i wanted to respray my rims black ay ...
hmmm so thats wat they would look like
car looks good man ...
can't wait to check it out in person ...
:thumbsup:

d15z1SUX
20-05-2008, 06:33 PM
how u gonna check it out in person? im in perth ahhaha... i wanna respray my car too...

beeza
20-05-2008, 11:31 PM
I think a dark tint or similair on the headlights and amber corners and (cant see the taillights) match up the tailights.

I have polished rim rims aswell,I love em' but I can see how I could be over them soon though....

How about black side mirrors???

d15z1SUX
20-05-2008, 11:59 PM
yeh i want some amber corners but find any hey... i also wanna get 15 inch rims next... hopefully some lightweight ones.

beeza
21-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Yeah,missed that,15's Fa-sure!

ShAwNeX
21-05-2008, 10:21 AM
I used to drive a 2005 Honda Civic Vi. I think it had a D17 with VTEC. All i can say is free revving (like crazy) but it also gives you a sense like it was going to last forever no matter how bad you treat it. Never driven any other D series engines but my only impression :(. I've now moved on to a K24 and very happy :D.

BTW...I wasn't comparing those two engines. LOL...:p

EDCivicPunk
21-05-2008, 04:19 PM
I am a Cylinder Head reconditioner by trade, and was just wondering if there's anything people have done to a D15B4 head to get a little extra power. I am thinking of match porting it, and maybe even welding up the combustion chamber to raise compression, and getting a cam grind. Has anyone had any success doing any of this?
On top of that getting some headers/extractors and 2" exhaust fitted, for extra flow and a fatter sound.

Thanks heaps, Riley.
Anyone?

beeza
21-05-2008, 04:36 PM
I doubt anyone here has done any head work to this particular head,I mean I only know of Weq that has done any headwork to a d-series...

But I'm sure you know the things you will be looking at:
- P&P
- 4 angle valve job
- Port matching the Intake side to the IM and Exhaust side to extractors and the gasket aswell.
- Shave a little off (I'll get the exact amount soon)
- Use an OEM head gasket,it's not worth the .1 bump in compression to use an after maket one.

Here's some work on a d-series head:
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/beeza2/20051205_105337-2.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/beeza2/20051205_105322-2.jpg
Before:
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/beeza2/PPD16A6HeadB4somework-2.jpg
After:
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/beeza2/PPafter-differentangle-2.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/beeza2/PPafter-2.jpg
Dimples,like a golf ball:
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/beeza2/PA220016-2.jpg

beeza
21-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Here's a cross section of a y7 head,you can see the exhaust side has been polished but not the intake side:
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/beeza2/Y7Headcrosssection-2.jpg

R_RaTeD
21-05-2008, 06:33 PM
yeh i want some amber corners but find any hey... i also wanna get 15 inch rims next... hopefully some lightweight ones.

man u can find all that shit on ebay ..
rofl ...
besides the lip ..
my car is pretty much EDM .....
EBAY DOMESTIC MARKET ....
HAHAHHA

go on ebay and search this ...
" civic 4d 94 "
" rota wheels "
" Ferio "
" EG9 "

thats wat i usually search ..
lol
make ur car look USDM BOiiiiiiii !

EDCivicPunk
21-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Did you do that port/polish job mate? Nice job whoever did it. From that cross section there looks to be a fair bit of meat to grind away before hitting the galleries. Definately gonna give it a go soon. I was planning on welding up the Combustion chamber a little also, try and bump the comp up above 10.
Thanks mate.

bennjamin
21-05-2008, 08:57 PM
can someone...ANYONE atleast run their car down the 1/4 ? And post up times ? (60ft / E/T / mph etc) ? No , not runs in Indo or NZ on "street tyres" (cough slicks) - something recent !

There isnt anyone really out there representing you guys....come on !

dahon
21-05-2008, 08:59 PM
hahaha
thats not me.. i have an auto.. lolz...
maybe if i get hold of a cheap D series project later on :)
i wonder how a worked D N/A would go down the 1/4...

bennjamin
21-05-2008, 09:02 PM
there are "worked" D series going 9 seconds and beyond - in the US / south america etc. But this is OZ lets see some "realist" worked NA D cars trying hte 1/4.
You guys wont prove anything by sitting on your bums :)

d15z1SUX
22-05-2008, 12:36 AM
low 15s would b nice... if you could hit 14s it would be pretty good...

beeza
22-05-2008, 10:05 AM
No that's not my work EDCivicPunk :)
Glad I could help.I Love them pics.

Ya gotta check out Bisimoto's N/A 9 second car:
http://youtube.com/results?search_query=bisimoto&search_type=

Oxer
22-05-2008, 05:34 PM
there are "worked" D series going 9 seconds and beyond - in the US / south america etc. But this is OZ lets see some "realist" worked NA D cars trying hte 1/4.

Ill sure try once the new motors in.. Im not planing on running any kind of turbo/SC set ups since these new laws prevent me from driving them.

Im not going to set up the car specificaly for drags, but Ill put it down the quarter a couple of times to see what I can come up with.

Oxer
22-05-2008, 05:46 PM
Did you do that port/polish job mate? Nice job whoever did it. From that cross section there looks to be a fair bit of meat to grind away before hitting the galleries. Definately gonna give it a go soon. I was planning on welding up the Combustion chamber a little also, try and bump the comp up above 10.
Thanks mate.

How much would you charge to do a job like that? Also how much power/improvement would it make? I was just wondering if it would be a worthwhile investment..

PM me a price if you can do it :cool:

Sexc86
22-05-2008, 06:13 PM
I doubt anyone here has done any head work to this particular head,I mean I only know of Weq that has done any headwork to a d-series...

But I'm sure you know the things you will be looking at:
- P&P
- 4 angle valve job
- Port matching the Intake side to the IM and Exhaust side to extractors and the gasket aswell.
- Shave a little off (I'll get the exact amount soon)
- Use an OEM head gasket,it's not worth the .1 bump in compression to use an after maket one.

Here's some work on a d-series head:
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/beeza2/20051205_105337-2.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/beeza2/20051205_105322-2.jpg
Before:
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/beeza2/PPD16A6HeadB4somework-2.jpg
After:
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/beeza2/PPafter-differentangle-2.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/beeza2/PPafter-2.jpg
Dimples,like a golf ball:
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/beeza2/PA220016-2.jpg

Your incorrect... i have a y8 head. rocket valve train, zex cam... ported out to the max... probably 20% larger then normal

check my thred

Sexc86
22-05-2008, 06:18 PM

Agreed with you there... if you talk to talk you gotta walk the walk...

hey nothing special.. but 14.5 99MPH 2.3 60foot street trim and street tyres... plenty of room for improvement.

Lukezen27
22-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Agreed with you there... if you talk to talk you gotta walk the walk...

hey nothing special.. but 14.5 99MPH 2.3 60foot street trim and street tyres... plenty of room for improvement.

Ben and I are going to the track soon so we will see how that goes..

Ben's hoping to go sub 14 as am I :thumbsup:

Ben nailed a straight 14 last time round with his EG (B18C) :)

beeza
22-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Oops,sorry Lyle,I thought about what I posted a little after and was like u,maybe not...

Sexc86
22-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Luke just get out there and drive that thing like you bloody stole it. when i did my very first runs i was doing like 16s just because i was too scared to push my car and drive agressively.

You car is good for low 13s dude.

just dont get put off by your first few runs

Beeze - no stress mate... actually i cannot claim that i built the head, i purchased it of dan last year (beastcivic)

Lukezen27
22-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Luke just get out there and drive that thing like you bloody stole it. when i did my very first runs i was doing like 16s just because i was too scared to push my car and drive agressively.

You car is good for low 13s dude.

just dont get put off by your first few runs

Beeze - no stress mate... actually i cannot claim that i built the head, i purchased it of dan last year (beastcivic)

lol Lyle

I boost and red line my car daily, if there's one thing I don't have a problem with the drive'n the f**k out of my cars :p

SeverAMV
22-05-2008, 09:08 PM
Bisi Ezerioha's 9.5 second pass was with an f22 motor fed by carbs, which is pretty good considering its a single cam. i think his d series record was 10.2 or so with carbs.

on the topic of head work, my d15b4 has been milled down 1mm, ported, and currently houses a kms titanium valvetrain. to take advantage of it is a bisimoto stage 2 cam. it was running on 2 degrees advance, but then the cam gear shredded itself, currently waiting for a replacement.

bottom end handled by a 3 layer high comp metal head gasket, p29 pistons on stock rods, new bearings. exhaust handled by $17 ebay 4-2-1 extractors (you might think theyre crap, but they have the exact same design as half the name brands, only real header you'll get good performance from is a bisimoto), and a 2 inch mandrel bent system to ensure maximum bottom end response.

to get the power down to the ground are an XTR heavy duty clutch, and 4kg flywheel.

going in for a dyno tune soon to get the sparkies firing at the right time due to the swirl effect the domed p29s make in the cylinder under compression.

still using the factory keihin twin carbs in my ed6, until i can find linkages to complete my new setup featuring a pair of dual sidedraught dcoe40 skracing carbs.

at the moment without the tune or the new carbs, im running 15.2-15.4seconds unofficially (if you know what i mean) with bridgestone adrenalin tyres, high 15s with cheapo maxxis tyres.

my goal is a 14 second pass with an NA d series motor.

anyone else got a worked NA D?

d15z1SUX
22-05-2008, 09:38 PM
i don't but im considering doing it. need to swap my d15z1 for a jdm d15b or d16a6 i think its called. the one from the eg vti hatch. or was it d16z6?

leaning towards the d16a6 as it will have more aftermarket support. jdm d15b will be impossible to upgrade the bottom end parts?

SeverAMV
22-05-2008, 10:01 PM
i don't but im considering doing it. need to swap my d15z1 for a jdm d15b or d16a6 i think its called. the one from the eg vti hatch. or was it d16z6?

leaning towards the d16a6 as it will have more aftermarket support. jdm d15b will be impossible to upgrade the bottom end parts?

not really. pretty much all d15 and d16 motors have the same bore, only difference was the deck height and crank. www.fjdistributors.com can do a custom length rod for you, and they include their own custom rod bolts, which are of similar strength to arp. all pistons are pretty much interchangeable. your only poison will be finding the right bearings. there are a fair few different d15b motors, not to mention that each continent received a different sized crank, etc. ie. usdm uses 42mm/38mm bearings, whereas audm used 45mm/40mm bearings.

crankshafts, best bet would be to get it knife-edged/lightened by a machining shop.

check out www.onecamonly.com, their sponsors have a fair few aftermarket kits you can get for a single cam motor, and some even for the twin cam d series.

check out http://www.zealautowerks.com/dseries.html to figure out which combination you want to use for best compression.

d15z1SUX
22-05-2008, 10:14 PM
ah ic... i think i need to do more research lol.

beeza
23-05-2008, 03:29 PM
Yeah the Bisi Header is the Sha-zizzle alright.He's got one that allows you to keep aircon too.It can be ordered off him through 'd-series.org'.His Username is 'bisimoto'.costs about $800 ish...
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/beeza2/DSC00769.jpg

Here's what he has to say about his header:
Here (http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://www.bisimoto.com/images/DSC00769.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bisimoto.com/wst_page6.html&h=375&w=500&sz=120&hl=en&start=8&tbnid=tiLU30yPqZ2G7M:&tbnh=98&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbisimoto%2Bheader%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den )

SeverAMV
23-05-2008, 04:01 PM
yep, thats the header. according to most calculation programs, 25 inches is how long the primaries need to be for maximum power in a car, but due to inefficiencies in reality, bisimoto found the primaries needed to be 35inches +. thats why it has an unusual design, but the power gains speak for themselves.

beeza
23-05-2008, 04:10 PM
It just looks so damn sexy too!!! hehehe

SeverAMV
23-05-2008, 04:30 PM
oh and if i remember correctly, its what you dont see that helps it perform well. from what i hear, there are numerous different diameter pipes used in the construction to create anti reversion steps to improve power and flow. and the flow speed through the extractors in a d series motor has been measured at around 0.7-0.8+ mach

R_RaTeD
23-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Yeah the Bisi Header is the Sha-zizzle alright.He's got one that allows you to keep aircon too.It can be ordered off him through 'd-series.org'.His Username is 'bisimoto'.costs about $800 ish...
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/beeza2/DSC00769.jpg

Here's what he has to say about his header:
Here (http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://www.bisimoto.com/images/DSC00769.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bisimoto.com/wst_page6.html&h=375&w=500&sz=120&hl=en&start=8&tbnid=tiLU30yPqZ2G7M:&tbnh=98&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbisimoto%2Bheader%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den )

those look awesome !!!

dahon
23-05-2008, 07:13 PM
that looks sweeeeet.... maybe i shall do my uni thesis on the flow within that header... looks awesome!

d15z1SUX
23-05-2008, 07:37 PM
yeh those headers are awesome... i also would like bisimoto headers.

bennjamin
24-05-2008, 11:00 PM
they are made for top end drag racing. Nothing else. Not for a daily car.

they do look hot tho.

EURON8
25-05-2008, 02:00 AM
the problem with oz d-series turbo owners is they are all shit
drivers...
if u r a good driver or really into driving/racing, you will eitehr not
bother with dseries or quickly move on to something else that's much
better and sexier...

That's why we don't see any decent times from the D...

d15z1SUX
25-05-2008, 03:37 AM
^^ sounds like a intelligent guy... lol :rolleyes:

EURON8
25-05-2008, 11:10 AM
time for you to listen and learn...

Sexc86
25-05-2008, 11:36 AM
um wrong... its simply ozhonda people think that there are no other hondas in australia outside of ozhonda...

I thought the reason that Dturbos never ran good times was because the setups were crap and made no power? now your saying its because all the drivers are shit... maybe you should tell that to dan...

Eksedan nonvtec standard head built bottom end... Fark really shit driver
http://i32.tinypic.com/vjmde.jpg

d15z1SUX
25-05-2008, 11:56 AM
time for you to listen and learn...

time for u to shut the f*ck up LOL

Lukezen27
25-05-2008, 12:11 PM
time for u to shut the f*ck up LOL

Yeah :p

tekung89
25-05-2008, 01:37 PM
the problem with oz d-series turbo owners is they are all shit
drivers...
if u r a good driver or really into driving/racing, you will eitehr not
better and sexier...

That's why we don't see any decent times from the D...

LOL at this comment

yes... u get these kinda people that jus talk nonsense and make a fool of themselves, good example is EURON8 here :cool: .. keep going EURON8 :thumbsup:, people like u make my day lols

kazam
25-05-2008, 01:39 PM
um wrong... its simply ozhonda people think that there are no other hondas in australia outside of ozhonda...

I thought the reason that Dturbos never ran good times was because the setups were crap and made no power? now your saying its because all the drivers are shit... maybe you should tell that to dan...

http://i32.tinypic.com/vjmde.jpg

wtf 12 second quarter mile with a non vtec ek? kseries boys with $20000 engines wont be happy about this.....

beeza
25-05-2008, 01:42 PM
ahahahahaha!!!!

SeverAMV
25-05-2008, 01:56 PM
they are made for top end drag racing. Nothing else. Not for a daily car.

they do look hot tho.

actually theyre not made for top end. pure top end is pointless for drag racing. as i mentioned, they use 35+ inches of primaries, which hits all resonance points required to make more power throughout the entire rev range. you can compare dyno charts on factory motors with diff extractors, and you can see the difference. the only thing better would be a properly tuned length tri-y header.

and its not unusual to see non-tec motors perform better than vtec motors, some non-tec heads have recorded better flow rates. plus, single cam motors have less valvetrain mass which improves response and power.

had my engine tuned, something seems wrong because it only mustered up 80fwkw with factory carbs and factory cam gear. but im not too disappointed, because it makes 70kw from 2800rpm to peak power of 80kw at 7000rpm, which makes it fun to drive. managed a 15.0-15.2 second pass on street tyres, and the response is useful for circuit. should be faster once i get some better tyres on it.

Sexc86
25-05-2008, 02:02 PM
yeh well dont bring K series into this... or the fellas that support them... we know where that leads. As the thred is stated "lets talk Dseries"

That car was built before my time... and is all long gone and parted off now...

But at end of the day... Aussie built and raced.. results speak for themselves

bennjamin
25-05-2008, 03:50 PM
actually theyre not made for top end. pure top end is pointless for drag racing

Just a thought ~ You dont spend time in the middle of any gears its all out acceleration down a straight line for 400 meters for drag racing , which these headers are designed for. Correct me but no track setups use this particular header for D series (or B series or F or H etc) - my point of my post :)
The bisimoto , is of no need for a D series engine daily driven.

SeverAMV
25-05-2008, 05:59 PM
as i mentioned, theyre not designed for top end only, they make more power across the entire rev range, more than 4-2-1 extractors.
and yes, you do spend time in the middle of the rev range in a 400m drag race, as you do upshift, and revs do drop (unless you drive a miracle car). d series gearboxes arent as well spaced out as b series, the gears arent as close as they could be so the midrange is required.
most track setups use what their sponsors donate, i am yet to see bisi sponsor track cars, so obviously no track cars use it. its due to sponsorship, not because people dont want to use it and not because you claim it only makes power in the top end. bisi prefers and specialises in drag racing. as well, you need nice power throughout the rev range for a good launch. if you have poor bottom end, your launches wont be as quick, which will affect performance throughout the lap as launches are half the game of drag racing, you screw up the launch, and you essentially screw up the time.
some of the dyno charts from people using it show 17-20hp gains across the entire rev range which imo is pretty darn useful for daily driven vehicles.
and nothing is of any need to a daily driven engine, you dont need extractors, exhaust, intake, or any power mods for that matter. but you still want them, dont you?

EURON8
26-05-2008, 11:14 PM
[QUOTE=Sexc86;1707493]um wrong... its simply ozhonda people think that there are no other hondas in australia outside of ozhonda...

ffs guys can you ppl think with a bit of fexibility in your brain?

when ppl say Australians are friendly it does not mean we don't have any
crims or thugs here...
same goes by my statement...and stop shooting yourself in foot again,
you just said it was "all long gone and parted off now" and what did i
say before?
"if u r a good driver or really into driving/racing, you will eitehr not
better and sexier..."
so think before you type buddy, don't spit out silly comments and
examples that will only reinforce your opponents arguement.
and to the rest of you ppl here, think of something constructive to say
b4 jumping out without anything to back you up...
just because you are a disaster D loser that doesn't run the time or
make the power or both, it doesn't mean you can take out your
frustration and tell other ppl to shut up...

bennjamin
26-05-2008, 11:17 PM
but you still want them, dont you?

Heck yes my friend. Why ? Because i dont have AC or PS and can accommodate such a header in my engine bay. Who cares what power it makes it looks too dam cool. Find me one for a B series.

d15z1SUX
27-05-2008, 12:15 AM
[QUOTE=Sexc86;1707493]um wrong... its simply ozhonda people think that there are no other hondas in australia outside of ozhonda...

crims or thugs here...
say before?
better and sexier..."

hey man dont discriminate haha...

Sexc86
27-05-2008, 08:27 AM

crims or thugs here...
say before?
better and sexier..."

LOL... It was parted off and sold not because of disapointment. i dont think i would be unhappy with a low 12? So useing your reasoning... people who are selling their B and K series cars... does that mean they are not happy with them?... i doubt it.

Your a ****in homo... you got no rep on this forem, you have built nothing and got nothing behind your name (probably because your some faggot who doesnt have the balls to make hateing posts under their REAL account)... yet you judge me without even meeting me... and my setup before its even in my car... or maybe you dont have the intellegience to READ and COMPREHEND where my build is.... you tell me how i am supposed to run my car while its in parts?....hmmmm.... OH WAIT!!! That makes me FULL of EXCUSES!!

Now for your ****ING INFO.

internally stock d15b7, stock fuel system, 19s + street tyres, Full street trim + stereo, ****ed clutch 105wkw 14.5 99mph 2.360foot

**** OFF... Dont Tell me this shit that i dont run my car.

This is what my short block made in the usa. If you wanna have a Bitch and whing. How about email sean from ERL-performance in the USA and tell him what you think.

http://www.erlperformance.com

http://i5.tinypic.com/66wv8le.jpg

PS. I Lyle 100% admit that there are differences between USDM and AUDM HP rates. I no way am i saying that my car in specific will make these exact numbers.

Oxer
27-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Just a random question, But how many D-series owners would be interested in alloy radiators? I am currently in the process of working with a couple of different radiator companies based in both vic and nsw to make a couple of prototypes.. These could be used by B-series owners obviously..

I realise that you can go and buy them from overseas companies but i thought that it would be good to get an australian company on board... Just wanted to see how much interest there would be.

Also let me know if there already are aus manufactures as i dont know of any..

Weq
27-05-2008, 01:41 PM

crims or thugs here...
say before?
better and sexier..."

Watch out man. Dan has now moved onto a RWD Nissan. Like most people who have any skill or desire in the area. FWD isnt for drag, track or street. Its a inferior platform used to cut production costs. SIMPLE.

This tool thinks an engine makes a car. FI D-B-K will make the same power (to a certain point). The point is, people with the money for a hi-end setup opt for a platform that is more popular. Simple. They dont want spend money on R&D. They dont want to fabricate parts. They dont want to have to special order pistons everytime they melt. So people tend to follow the MASSES and re-produce proven results. Its not a bad way to race, it makes economical sense! But to call yourself better then another person because you run a more popular, efficent setup. Well, thats narrow minded holden talk.

Weq
27-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Lyle, you shouldnt bother refuting. What would u say if i posted a 2jz dyno graph making 1000kW. You wouldnt care right? Cause its not ur passion?

EURON8 is just another narrow minded follower. His opinion holds zero regard in any forum. On any topic. Letting him get under ur skin is just dumbing yourself down to his level.

Ben; D-series engines require a little more work then others to attain a good powerband. The the limited selection of of gearings availible, the header must perform well from 4000-8500rpm. Area under the curve.

kazam
27-05-2008, 01:49 PM
weq convince jesse to sell me your old engine he wont do it for cheap, and im poor :(

beeza
27-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Heck yes my friend. Why ? Because i dont have AC or PS and can accommodate such a header in my engine bay. Who cares what power it makes it looks too dam cool. Find me one for a B series.

He makes one for the b!!!! :thumbsup:
He is taking orders now:
http://bisimoto.com/wst_page6.html

and a 'new generation Bisimoto headers will soon be available for Honda D, F, K and H series powerplants.' COOL!! :D

EDCivicPunk
27-05-2008, 07:32 PM
EURON8> Piss Off like yr name suggest buddy, This is a thread for talking D-series, not bagging it out.

Anything is possible. I know of old datto's with their 30 yo engines producing way more power than the later SR series motors, and as much as any B series engine oput there, so it just depends how good you are at building and tuning, not what platform you have.
RANT OVER.

d15z1SUX
27-05-2008, 08:11 PM
EURON8> Piss Off like yr name suggest buddy, This is a thread for talking D-series, not bagging it out.

Anything is possible. I know of old datto's with their 30 yo engines producing way more power than the later SR series motors, and as much as any B series engine oput there, so it just depends how good you are at building and tuning, not what platform you have.
RANT OVER.

:thumbsup:

EURON8
28-05-2008, 01:41 PM
[QUOTE=EURON8;1712690]

LOL... It was parted off and sold not because of disapointment. i dont think i would be unhappy with a low 12? So useing your reasoning... people who are selling their B and K series cars... does that mean they are not happy with them?... i doubt it.

Your a ****in homo... you got no rep on this forem, you have built nothing and got nothing behind your name (probably because your some faggot who doesnt have the balls to make hateing posts under their REAL account)... yet you judge me without even meeting me... and my setup before its even in my car... or maybe you dont have the intellegience to READ and COMPREHEND where my build is.... you tell me how i am supposed to run my car while its in parts?....hmmmm.... OH WAIT!!! That makes me FULL of EXCUSES!!

Now for your ****ING INFO.

internally stock d15b7, stock fuel system, 19s + street tyres, Full street trim + stereo, ****ed clutch 105wkw 14.5 99mph 2.360foot

**** OFF... Dont Tell me this shit that i dont run my car.

This is what my short block made in the usa. If you wanna have a Bitch and whing. How about email sean from ERL-performance in the USA and tell him what you think.

http://www.erlperformance.com

PS. I Lyle 100% admit that there are differences between USDM and AUDM HP rates. I no way am i saying that my car in specific will make these exact numbers.

haha calm down buddy, what is wrong with you? I made a generalised post
describing the general turbo d scene here which was not directed atanyone, and you are full jumping up and down and taylored yourself to suit exactly the type of people I was describing.

And why do I have to build anything to prove myself? This is ozhonda,
not ozbuiltbohonda.com. I have seen the Honda scene long enough and I've
got heaps of mates doing conersions and turbos and for myself I am just
happy with my Euro which smooth, comfy, goes ok and has a K!!! hahaa

When did I ever say other people were disappointed? I said good drivers
or people who are into driving/racing will move on to something better
and sexier, and apparently they sold their D and moved on and you
obviously are not one of them.

When did I ever say people don't run their cars, I just said "the
problem with oz d-series turbo owners is they are all shit drivers"...
and look at your quote "14.5 99mph 2.360foot"...ummmmm...WOW.

Why would I want to contact the States to verify anything? I never said
they don't make the power or run the time. I've always been talking
about the OZ scene.

So let me ask you again to use your brain to read, think, comprehend and
re-read and re-think before making any stupid, uneducated and unrelated
comments that will only put yourself in a deeper hole.

Lastly I am not a hater, have you ever seen Kseries owners hating on a D?Get real buddy. Oh one more thing, you are not special enough for me
to judge on you, you are just a pretentious turbo D princess that wears fake angel wings and running around in your own little palace.

EURON8
28-05-2008, 01:51 PM
[/QUOTE]Watch out man. Dan has now moved onto a RWD Nissan. Like most people who have any skill or desire in the area. FWD isnt for drag, track or street. Its a inferior platform used to cut production costs. SIMPLE.[/QUOTE]

And I appreciate that you are a broadminded tool. Not for street huh? I
presume you are saying street racing, how does it feel to have a twin
turbo 350z ripped by a K20A EG?

[/QUOTE]This tool thinks an engine makes a car. FI D-B-K will make the same power (to a certain point). The point is, people with the money for a hi-end setup opt for a platform that is more popular. Simple. They dont want spend money on R&D. They dont want to fabricate parts. They dont want to have to special order pistons everytime they melt. So people tend to follow the MASSES and re-produce proven results. Its not a bad way to race, it makes economical sense! But to call yourself better then another person because you run a more popular, efficent setup. Well, thats narrow minded holden talk.[/QUOTE]

I can bench press as much as Ronnie Coleman to a certain point. What is
your point? Reading through your old posts, initially they seem to make
sense and have won you a few junior fans, however when going deep down
they are flawed, superficial, discriminative, lack of substance and
one-dimensional.

And I really believe your heavy weight opinions across the forums
through out the world on any topics are so valuable that hold as much
weight as your ballsacks.

And again I'd like to stress, do you forumers READ? All I am doing is
pointing out the truth which is the lack of achievement from Turbo D that mainly stems from the owners themself. This is hard, cold fact. If you'd like to dispute otherwise, please back yourself up.

I never said which engine is better or has more potential or which one
you should be running.

All D B H F & K can make decent power and has been proven again and
again. However to make it perform it's all in the owner's hand.

beeza
28-05-2008, 02:04 PM
F**k this sh!t.
I started this thread so we can all about the d.Quit this BS!

Oxer
28-05-2008, 03:36 PM
F**k this sh!t.
I started this thread so we can all about the d.Quit this BS!

Agreed... :thumbsup:

EDCivicPunk
28-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Agreed... :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lukezen27
28-05-2008, 06:39 PM
I'm booked on the 11th

lets see how we go then :eek:

First run ever though so don't expect to much lol

beeza
28-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Is that the 1/4 mile Luke?

Lukezen27
28-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Is that the 1/4 mile Luke?

Yup Char

Alexx
28-05-2008, 07:11 PM
And again I'd like to stress, do you forumers READ? All I am doing is pointing out the truth which is the lack of achievement from Turbo D that mainly stems from the owners themself. This is hard, cold fact. If you'd like to dispute otherwise, please back yourself up.

Mate, im sorry, but does it really matter if anything is achieved? - ie. a good time slip? If the owner gains satisfaction and enjoyment from their car and build process, then i believe it is definitely worth it. I have a B swapped car, but i would still happily rock a turbo D any day.

I dont understand why people think they are a king and can talk down on other car enthusiasts. At the end of the day, we all share the same passion for what we do, regardless of whatever avenue we choose.

Im sorry brett for having a say, but ive had enough of the haters of the D series.

Luke - good luck for the run mate :thumbsup:

tekung89
28-05-2008, 07:37 PM
LOL @ EURON8 ~ bro u have too much time on ur hands. go have a waank or somthing and leave the thread how it should be.

beeza
28-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Ok,cool.It's all said and done now.Please don't retaliate EURON8.

Awesome Luke,I'm excited 4 ya mate!

and nervous....hehehe

EURON8
28-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Mate, im sorry, but does it really matter if anything is achieved? - ie. a good time slip? If the owner gains satisfaction and enjoyment from their car and build process, then i believe it is definitely worth it. I have a B swapped car, but i would still happily rock a turbo D any day.

I dont understand why people think they are a king and can talk down on other car enthusiasts. At the end of the day, we all share the same passion for what we do, regardless of whatever avenue we choose.

Im sorry brett for having a say, but ive had enough of the haters of the D series.

Luke - good luck for the run mate :thumbsup:

good point, I aplologize and I will stop..
and off to wank now hhhaha

beeza
28-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Sa weeeeeet :)

Lukezen27
28-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Ok,cool.It's all said and done now.Please don't retaliate EURON8.

Awesome Luke,I'm excited 4 ya mate!

and nervous....hehehe

Yeah man can't wait
Hope I don't get to excited and drive straight into the wall :p

beeza
28-05-2008, 08:01 PM
ahahaha,nah I'm sure your very comfortable in your car :)

It's such a relaxed and easy going occasion.After the first run all I was thinking about was going better the next run,nothing else.Just you and your car vs time WOOT WOOT!!!

If you can get Video that would be great.

Sexc86
28-05-2008, 08:18 PM
I apologies all nuteral people for my next post but it has to be said.

Sexc86
28-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Quote – “I never said which engine is better or has more potential or which one you should be running”

Yes you have...
Quote - "mite as well get a b16a and change an air pod and run the same

Quote – “Lastly I am not a hater, have you ever seen Kseries owners hating on a D? Get real buddy. Oh one more thing, you are not special enough for me to judge on you, You are just a pretentious turbo D princess that wears fake angel wings and running around in your own little palace.”

If you’re not a Hater, you’re definitely not a supporter or someone that gives people encouragement, then what are you?

Quote "another fine example of turbo Disaster..."
There you go, strait from your mouth, a Kseries owner hating on a D.

I see plenty of people every day putting hate on others. Rather then concentrating on their OWN goals and achievements. Sounds pretty real to me. Nice one... "Fake angel wings", a lot of shit has been thrown at me over the years but nice to see people got some new material and aren’t sounding like "broken records" any more. I don’t give a shit what people think or how they want to go about it. But when I see wankers such as you, making unprovoked attacks on others, I will open my mouth and speak my mind.

Quote - "And why do I have to build anything to prove myself? This is ozhonda, not ozbuiltbohonda.com. I have seen the Honda scene long enough and I've got heaps of mates doing conersions and turbos and for myself"

You can learn knowledge, but you can only EARN Wisdom & Experience.

Think about that next time before you go posting your outspoken opinions.

The reason that John (weq) has a respectable reputation that precedes him is because not only does he have knowledge, experience and wisdom (I assume you do know the difference?) but also he HAS put his knowledge into practise (unlike yourself as you just stated) set paths and benchmarks in Australia. He was out researching and experimenting by boosting his Honda way before most clowns in Australia could figure out to install a pod filter let alone a turbo-charger. He is an innovator, not a follower and his cars speak for themselves. Unlike a bullshit artist like you, who’s hands on experience goes as far as “I've got heaps of mates doing conersions and turbos”

You are making an incorrect assumption that if someone sells their car, it means they are unhappy with it somehow? Yes some may upgrade to a better platform, but others just sell up because they have achieved their goals and want to try something different... weather it be a different platform, or simply putting their cash into different things? Travelling / real-estate etc

I’m Glad you’re happy with your Euro. Like you I am happy with my ride, It’s a 1 off unique car in the world. It has a engine setup that cost me close to nothing, that’s lasted me 5 years, that runs times that (IMO and what I have witnessed) Dc2r's and Dc5r's
Cannot even run in STOCK form... and STILL has room for improvement. (as you would know a 99MPH being a high Trap speed for a low ET of 14.5 and 2.3 60foot being quite slow off the line – not due to bad driving.. but a combination of excess weight and clutch in poor condition)

Quote - When did I ever say people don't run their cars, I just said "the
problem with oz d-series turbo owners is they are all shit drivers"...
and look at your quote "14.5 99mph 2.360foot"...ummmmm...WOW.

What are you comparing it to? If you had so much experience like you say... you would know that a ET maybe a decent achievement for car "A" (Example - 14sec for 100WKW Civic)... but maybe a poor achievement for car B (Example - 14sec for 300KW GTR).
For my car and what it is (nothing special... for the moment) that is a good time, IMO

Would you care to put any times up from your Kseries Euro?

So first you Flame because Setups are shit and make no power... then you turn around and say
Quote "the problem with oz d-series turbo owners is they are all shit drivers"...

(If this is the case, I highly doubt you could put a different driver in my car have have them run better ET's then me). That is also judging people personally without even meeting them. Which again you have said apparently you don’t do and they “aren’t special enough”

Then you conclude with the statement.

Quote "lack of achievement from Turbo D that mainly stems from the owners themself This is hard, cold fact. If you'd like to dispute otherwise, please back yourself up”

Sounds like you’re just manipulating your words to give out different msgs. Why don’t you have a think and decide your views... Make your statement... And stand by it?
I have already posted 2 exhibits for you. (A 500hp dyno graph& 12sec Time slip) what more do you want? I believe there is yet another in the forced induction room

* Lukes Greddy internally stock 130wkw d16y1.
Not to mention
* Johns (NerV) Eg hatch in Brisbane, D16y1 140wkw 10psi (email Dyno-Dave if you want verification).
Or perhaps
* Johns (weqs) oldskool 200wkw+ D16y1,
* Dans (beastcivic) 200wkw+ D16y4 (from time slip above),
* John lee (A.S.C Drag) 11sec 200wkw+ D16a8 Gen 2 CRX (owner of CRXaustralia.com)

You make statements like

Quote - “read, think, comprehend andre-read and re-think before making any stupid, uneducated and unrelated comments that will only put yourself in a deeper hole”

Yet you cannot seem to accept evidence staring you right in the face answer the focal point of your entire argument. You are just another common Whinger/hater/flamer that plagues this site. Who owns a stock car, Full of naïve biased uncreditable assumptions with no hands on experience about MODIFYING, which makes the backbone of Ozhonda.

Regards Lyle

MSN Draper_Ebay@hotmail.com

PS. Its Extremely easy to click “ Private Message”

bennjamin
28-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Good point Lyle.

KEep the hate to pm or just OUT of OZhonda.

Respect to those out there with HONDA's. Who cares what engine you run as long as you RUN IT.

PS i got a turboed D coming along to SYD OZhonda meet. Hope he can get into something decent to represent :)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91376

Lukezen27
28-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Good point Lyle.

KEep the hate to pm or just OUT of OZhonda.

Respect to those out there with HONDA's. Who cares what engine you run as long as you RUN IT.

PS i got a turboed D coming along to SYD OZhonda meet. Hope he can get into something decent to represent :)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91376

Or I'll hit a wall :p

I start $5 bucks for the pool for wall action :)

bennjamin
28-05-2008, 08:38 PM
wall FTW.

BTW Luke and others...be there after 4.30pm and before 6pm plz !

Sexc86
28-05-2008, 08:50 PM
I promise everyone in this thred... that will be my last post on the topic, and regardless of what responce i get it will be continued via PM... if needed

spardikis
28-05-2008, 08:54 PM
very well said...

actually....

I couldnt have said it better myself lyle. good on ya for taking a stand.

full respect!

dahon
28-05-2008, 09:02 PM
dammit i missed going to the meet (wait was it 2nite? or nxt wk? last wk of uni has totally fkd my senses up)
missed seeing the d series turbos.. gah... nxt month i guess... :(

beeza
28-05-2008, 10:14 PM
ahahahahaaaa Bender,I mean Dahon hahahaha!!!!!!

dahon
28-05-2008, 10:53 PM
hehehe bender is king! lolz
go the D!
but i decided not to tweak/do anything to the car nemore..
time to save for another project... hehehe

diffuzn
29-05-2008, 04:20 AM
hey sorry guys, don't really know much about the d-series and i tried to search but couldn't find much info. I used to own a dohc non vtec 93 civic si, and now i own a ek4, which is dohc vtec, i find the low end power feels very similar. Would it be possible to swap a vtec head into the d16a8/zc from say the d16 sohc??

if so how similar would the power/torque graphs be to a b16? sorry if this is a stupid question i just got curious

WOAH WOAH WOAH MY BAD i just realised my error. the heads wouldn't line up sohc and dohc MY BAD. sorry

Lukezen27
29-05-2008, 08:15 AM
dammit i missed going to the meet (wait was it 2nite? or nxt wk? last wk of uni has totally fkd my senses up)
missed seeing the d series turbos.. gah... nxt month i guess... :(

Where going this Wed 11 :p

Weq
29-05-2008, 10:19 AM
EURON8:

Got a bit of split personality havnt we? Your probably a bit confused under which alias your posting under at this point in time, right?

My cars are built for street. I dont like drag racing. I dont like track racing. Driving doesnt interest me at all. its my belief you teach a monkey to drive and brake, given enough seat time. My main interest is the mechanics of cars.

I dont talk. I just do. Thats why people listen to my posts. Cause they know im not some internet warrior. When i was into the honda scene, i would be the first one to most meets, the last one to leave. i chatted with anyone who would listen. And most people rode in my creations. Not just talked about them.

But now im jaded. And hate on anyone and everyone.

B147ch
29-05-2008, 10:24 AM
Hey guys,
i jst bought new headers for my EG Vti Hatch..

DC sports 4-2-1 one piece..

does it matter that the hole for the oxygen sensor isnt located at the top like my stock 2 piece headers?

feel free to shed some light..

B147ch
29-05-2008, 10:25 AM
lol it is a D series sohc vtec, if that helps..

dahon
29-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Where going this Wed 11 :p

alright sweeeeeet
ill see if i can go then.. hehehe

beeza
29-05-2008, 02:38 PM
But now im jaded. And hate on anyone and everyone.

I would really be upset if I watched you become a bitter person Weq.You got too much to be proud of mate.

Hey guys,
i jst bought new headers for my EG Vti Hatch..

DC sports 4-2-1 one piece..

does it matter that the hole for the oxygen sensor isnt located at the top like my stock 2 piece headers?

feel free to shed some light..

The best place for an oxygen sensor is where all the collectors merge into 1,therefore it's reading all 4 cylinders,not 1 or 2.

I meant to say the 11th wednesday but Bender was mesmarising me hehehe

B147ch
29-05-2008, 03:00 PM
true true, but its only a one piece. so you think extending the wire for the o2 sensor is best way to go about this?

beeza
29-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Definately.An exhaust shop will do it in 5 minutes.
I got my header,hi flow cat,muffler fitted and o2 sensor extended for $180 at my local exhaust shop.he is a bit cheaper but it's just bolts and welding,easy as for them.

[ricer]
29-05-2008, 05:27 PM
true true, but its only a one piece. so you think extending the wire for the o2 sensor is best way to go about this?

is it a 1 wire or 4 wire type?

make sure you use the right kind of wires or you may end up getting ur engine light coming on

dahon
01-06-2008, 10:05 PM
hey beeza, for your twinloop & free flow exhaust, do u lose much backpressure?
btw rear muddies are on the sedan... got some bling y0! hahaha

B147ch
02-06-2008, 09:27 AM
ok, so i got my DC sports headers fitted,

would it be a good idea to take the car to toda for some tuning?
considering the fact that it was tuned when i got the vtec cont. installed w/ exhaust?????

B147ch
02-06-2008, 09:29 AM
;1720883']is it a 1 wire or 4 wire type?

make sure you use the right kind of wires or you may end up getting ur engine light coming on

all good man.. just extended the wire to the bottom so reading all 4.. w00t..

beeza
02-06-2008, 09:46 AM
hey beeza, for your twinloop & free flow exhaust, do u lose much backpressure?
btw rear muddies are on the sedan... got some bling y0! hahaha

You lose what's needed...I know Honda's like back pressure,so ya gotta get the right size piping and Header/muffler/hi-flow cat combo.What's your engine? and future plans?

Great to hear about the mudflaps :thumbsup: :D

B147ch
02-06-2008, 09:55 AM
You lose what's needed...I know Honda's like back pressure,so ya gotta get the right size piping and Header/muffler/hi-flow cat combo.What's your engine? and future plans?
:D

hmmm...

mines set up 2.25 cat back.. need a higher flowing cat w/ bigger inlet/outlet.
do you think i'm losing some potential power due to the fact that i put these new headers on???

beeza
02-06-2008, 10:17 AM
ok, so i got my DC sports headers fitted,

would it be a good idea to take the car to toda for some tuning?
considering the fact that it was tuned when i got the vtec cont. installed w/ exhaust?????

Ok,a few questions:
What's a Vtec cont.?
What the outlet size on the headers?
What is the rest of the exhaust setup?

B147ch
02-06-2008, 10:27 AM
apexi vtec & air flow controller.
outlet size is 2.25inch.. (need bush to fit to cat via flanges)
from cat back is 2.25 inches with hot dog resonator.

the guy said i need a higher flowing cat cos the one i got on now wasnt done "properly".

beeza
02-06-2008, 10:49 AM
2.25" is the right size cat.You should match the cat size to the piping size.There's no way you would have lost power going from stock headers to aftermarket ones.I don't know about the controller,it sounds like it would be a good device for tuning but I wouldn't touch it after a tune.A tune is always good.Sounds like the cat needs to be welded or something.Is the cat ok or does it need changing?

dahon
02-06-2008, 11:26 AM
well for me i just want stock piping with an exhaust to make it sound a little better. my engines a sohc vtec. so say a 2 1/4" outlet.
ive been getting mixed responses saying ill lose some backpressure etc, but considering my cat & headers would be stock it should still be alright aye.

beeza
02-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Do U mean U just the muffler? if so I would go a 2",they can put a 3" tip on it for looks.

dahon
02-06-2008, 11:55 AM
ahh kz sweet, cheers man :D
why just 2"?
2" twinloop? sounds good yeah?
time to save up agen.. hehehe

beeza
02-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Your stock exhaust is 1 3/4"ish so you don't want to go bigger and mess up the flow.The twin loop is great,a really nice note with a good set up.Why don't yo want to do the header/piping?

dahon
02-06-2008, 01:07 PM
no money for it atm... lolz
and might get a project car later down the track anyways...
its too messy to convert this car to manual... good daily..

beeza
02-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Yeah,I'll be doing a engine + manual conversion sometime in the future.

dahon
02-06-2008, 01:26 PM
yeh ill jus get another car and prefer to keep the sedan as my showy daily driver.. haha

beeza
02-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Yeah that's the best way.If U do have to sell one down the track,sell the sedan,put the seats back in the hatch/track car and ya got a sick daily!

B147ch
02-06-2008, 02:32 PM
2.25" is the right size cat.You should match the cat size to the piping size.There's no way you would have lost power going from stock headers to aftermarket ones.I don't know about the controller,it sounds like it would be a good device for tuning but I wouldn't touch it after a tune.A tune is always good.Sounds like the cat needs to be welded or something.Is the cat ok or does it need changing?

yeah like i can feel low - mid range increase although i think my car is due for a tune, so i'll be taking it to toda on the weekend.

last time it was tuned was when the exhaust and vtec controller were installed..

B147ch
02-06-2008, 02:32 PM
i'll probably go for a higher flowing cat also, so maybe i'll hold off on the tune.

Dy_
16-06-2008, 06:06 PM
d-series boys!

are all dserie headers interchangable? im getting one from the y1 for my y8.

Lukezen27
16-06-2008, 06:08 PM
d-series boys!

are all dserie headers interchangable? im getting one from the y1 for my y8.

As far as I know yeah they are :thumbsup:

beeza
16-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Yeah,Fa-Sure!

SeverAMV
17-06-2008, 12:41 AM
if you're gonna get an xforce header, dont, its the exact same thing as the $17 ebay 4-2-1 headers i bought, same material (stainless steel), same inside diameter, same quality welds, same note, same power gain.

in fact, most 4-2-1 d series headers are the same. if you're gonna fork out $600 for headers, get a bisimoto 4-1 header, makes more power than a 4-2-1 setup, throughout the entire revrange.