PDA

View Full Version : New Clutch for CD5 in Hornsby

SeeMeRollin'
03-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Hai guise,

My CD5 needs a new clutch and I've just moved to Hornsby, I don't know the area too well and don't want to get my pants pulled down over the price. I know the master cylinder is leaky and now the clutch is slipping real bad....anyone had any experience with any of the clutch joints in Hornsby and could make a recommendation? Otherwise I'm going to limp back down the freeway to Newcastle to see my trusted Honda guys at David Brown Auto who said they can replace it with genuine parts for around 500 which sounds good, but I really don't wanna risk having it completely shite itself on the way.

Thanks in advance for anyones advice :D

kcokla
03-05-2008, 01:37 PM
welcome to hornsby!
if u goto waitara, just around the station area behind the honda dealership, theres lots of automative services that might be useful to you!
however ultimately id recommend going out west for better prices

Nepolian
03-05-2008, 02:27 PM
If you get stuck, pm me and Ill hook you up with a place. Any clutch in particilar you are after?

SeeMeRollin'
03-05-2008, 03:00 PM
If you get stuck, pm me and Ill hook you up with a place. Any clutch in particilar you are after?

I just want a genuine Honda CD5 replacement, it's been really good to me for a long time and has taken ages to reach this point of slipping and beginning failure...not having had any experience with any other type of clutch I can't really say for certain though...are there better alternatives to the original honda that won't set me back more than 5-600??