PDA

View Full Version : Self Levelling Headlight unit

Mike Star
03-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Hi there,
As a result of a minor bump against a concrete parking bulwark my MY06 Euro Lux has to have a small repair to the front OEM Modulo Skirt that will require the front bumper to be removed and then re fitted.

Would anyone out there know if the Headlight Self Levelling Unit will be drtached when the bumper is removed? If so I want to make sure the panel shop is aware of this unit and so ensure it is re fitted when they are replacing the bumper.

Is there a simple way to readily tell if the unit is fitted and working?

Thanks heaps,
Mike

jamchen
03-05-2008, 02:30 PM
bumper has no direct connection with the leveling unit.. AFAIK...
It is connected to the suspension so the heavier/lower the car gets,, the higher focus point...

jamchen
03-05-2008, 06:32 PM
Hi there,
As a result of a minor bump against a concrete parking bulwark my MY06 Euro Lux has to have a small repair to the front OEM Modulo Skirt that will require the front bumper to be removed and then re fitted.

Would anyone out there know if the Headlight Self Levelling Unit will be drtached when the bumper is removed? If so I want to make sure the panel shop is aware of this unit and so ensure it is re fitted when they are replacing the bumper.

Is there a simple way to readily tell if the unit is fitted and working?

Thanks heaps,
Mike

I think you need to be more worry about the headlight washer... but it can be easily checked that you turn your low beam on and do the normal windscreening washing.:D

wynode
05-05-2008, 04:25 PM
bumper has no direct connection with the leveling unit.. AFAIK...
It is connected to the suspension so the heavier/lower the car gets,, the higher focus point...
That sounds about right.