PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on valve spring retainers

Sp3rMz
09-09-2004, 08:50 PM
Hey guy sum of use may know my dilema but i was running toda c cams with stock valve springs...disaster....newayz i've just recentli purchased toda valve springs and forgot all about the retainers....my money is now very limited so i was thinkin running stock retainers....what do think about this idea? please gimme input.

wynode
09-09-2004, 09:37 PM
I think this is better sutied to the Technical forum.

Trust-Me
09-09-2004, 09:51 PM
dont get them..u dont need it...the stock will be enough.
i heard the titanium retainer wont last as long as they are lighter and wear out quicker!!!. reason why race cars have them is because they have money to frequently change them..

bennjamin
09-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Arent retainers "half the show" with new cams ( especially lumpy's like TODA c's).

To the best of my knowledge , any cam upgrade - from mid-level to upper ( for example toda spec b + c) requires a full valve , spring and retainer set upgrade yes ?

Trust-Me
09-09-2004, 10:14 PM
sorry bennjamin, ur correct...didnt notice it was spec Cs...thought it was the normal spec As....but yeah damn Spec Cs there pretty lumpy cams!!! def need the upgrade!!!

Sp3rMz
09-09-2004, 10:29 PM
from my knowledge if u keep ur car under 9rpm u should be fine and that was off hte toda site sum where......

i was thinkin of lookin for a cheaper option like no name titanium retainer but at current i cant find ne LOL....