PDA

View Full Version : which clutch for k20!

dslt
04-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Hey guys,
Planning on changing my clutch for my k20, just wondering which clutch is good? Once a owner of a dc2r changed the clutch & flywheel to Stage 1 Racing Exedy, i relised after a few weeks of use the clutch will feel start getting higher n higher even though i adjusted it a few times. So wasnt happy with that at all

Now i want something with much more grip, thinking about ORC, Has anyone experienced a good clutch or flywheel on there k series.

any help would be much appreciated

cheers

EG_animal
04-05-2008, 10:23 PM
definitely go for the ORC hyper single, running it on my kswap and the feel is awesome.
not really that easy for day to day driving but if you want something with alot of grip ORC is the way to go

wuism
05-05-2008, 01:00 AM
Carbonetics (ATS) if you have some extra money... bite is good, however tad noisy at 3400 rpm... pedal feel a tad stiffer, but overall quite easy to drive

it is a solid centre clutch, with carbon clutch disc. comes in 1000, 1300, and 1600 kg PP rating.

DLO01
05-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Why is it noisy at 3400? Once its engaged, should not be any noise at all.

Orc is good. Used it on the DC2R, very good, but would not like it for daily driving. Theres heaps of others out there.

You need to state, whats your use, whats been done to your car?

sam.
05-05-2008, 11:28 AM
i think that the orc would be a good choice, but as DLO01 said, what are u mainly using the car for?

mr_vtec
05-05-2008, 12:22 PM
i got ORC.... the best clutch..

go to EDW-R cheap and easy to deal with..

wuism
05-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Why is it noisy at 3400? Once its engaged, should not be any noise at all.

Orc is good. Used it on the DC2R, very good, but would not like it for daily driving. Theres heaps of others out there.

You need to state, whats your use, whats been done to your car?

Noise is clutch buzz....
ATS flywheel only weighs 3.6kg.

DLO01
05-05-2008, 03:29 PM
So why does it buzz? Clutch is engaged. Should not be any noise. I have a 3.xkg clutch to and no noise. Sorry, just asking is all.

mr_vtec
05-05-2008, 03:57 PM
nah i get noise from a orc single plate button clutch..
its also the silent one so yea there is noise from them..
its like a buzzzzz noise lol..

aaronng
05-05-2008, 04:03 PM
So why does it buzz? Clutch is engaged. Should not be any noise. I have a 3.xkg clutch to and no noise. Sorry, just asking is all.

Because of the springs on the clutch plate. BTW, your flywheel is 3.xkg, not your clutch. :)

DLO01
05-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Yep, sorry, 3.x kg flywheel. How can springs buzzing when load is on? Still can't see how it would happen. :confused:

dslt
05-05-2008, 06:19 PM
will be using the car for street and maybe some strip time.

Yes i do drive it daily, i dont mind the roughness of the clutch as long as its good. Would probably not go for exedy agains, ORC is the one i might go for as i just heard that it was a good clutch.

What other brands are there?

cheers guys

wuism
05-05-2008, 10:31 PM
mine buzzes when off throttle at about 3400 rpm.. coz thats probably the resonate frequency of the gearbox transmits back to the clutch.

mine is clutch is solid centre, and hence NO springs.... to absorb some of that resonate vibration at that rpm.

45SET
05-05-2008, 11:03 PM
I have a toda clutch kit in my car (excedy clutch and 3.7kg Toda fly [I think its 3.7]). I'm happy with it, and noticed the improvement, as the car revs quicker due to the flywheel. Also, if you get a lighter flywheel, there will be a buzz when you are engine braking.

Also, if you are looking into getting an aftermarket clutch, also look into getting stiffer engine mounts, as the stock mounts are very weak, and tend to split with the extra pressure.

DLO01
06-05-2008, 07:56 AM
mine buzzes when off throttle at about 3400 rpm.. coz thats probably the resonate frequency of the gearbox transmits back to the clutch.

mine is clutch is solid centre, and hence NO springs.... to absorb some of that resonate vibration at that rpm.

Hmmm yeh. Thats fair enough. Yeh, as said the Orc is great, but is noisy when its disengaged, even the so called 'silent' one is noisy. They are noisy because of the 'extra' plate they have in there, it chatters when the clutch is disengaged. The silent ones have springs to push the plate to one side, but it still chatters.

wuism
06-05-2008, 02:06 PM
http://www.carbonetic.net/products/images/product_clutch_single.jpg

dslt
06-05-2008, 07:14 PM
I have a toda clutch kit in my car (excedy clutch and 3.7kg Toda fly [I think its 3.7]). I'm happy with it, and noticed the improvement, as the car revs quicker due to the flywheel. Also, if you get a lighter flywheel, there will be a buzz when you are engine braking.

Also, if you are looking into getting an aftermarket clutch, also look into getting stiffer engine mounts, as the stock mounts are very weak, and tend to split with the extra pressure.

Yeah ive got hasport engine mounts, they are very very stiff atm on my dc2.

VTECMACHINE
07-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Stage 1 Racing Exedy,

Stage 1 is awsome... however Stage 3 is awsomer.

You can unlock it by pressing, L1, R2, X, O, R2, R2, X, O, L2.