PDA

View Full Version : LEAKED: Legend Gets New Honda Visual Identity

ShAwNeX
05-05-2008, 12:20 PM
http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080504.001/leaked-legend-gets-new-honda-visual-identity

http://images.worldcarfans.com/2008/5/4/9080504.001/9080504.001.Mini1L.jpg
http://images.worldcarfans.com/2008/5/4/9080504.001/9080504.001.Mini2L.jpg

Style changes in Honda lineup will soon take a further step, as TheCarFanatic.com has shown us with pictures of the New Honda Legend, taken at the 2008 Busan Autoshow, in South Korea (check the plate with the name of the car and the place in which it has been shown, full of references to the model). No information has been officially disclosed on the new sedan so far, but we can surely say it is not a deep change, only a facelift on the previous version of the Legend, sold in the USA as the Acura RL.

Considering the New Accord (named Inspire for the Japanese market) got an upgraded V6 engine, with VCM (Variable Cylindre Management), which can switch off up to three cylindres, in order to improve fuel economy and lower emissions, the new Legend will also bring this engine as its main feature, besides the revised exterior. We can also expect for changes on the interior of the car, making it even more luxurious, but that is about everything Honda’s new sedan will present as news. Until, of course, its next generation brings a roomier interior and, why not, a V8 engine with rear-wheel drive. Hyundai has been faster in doing so by presenting the Genesis, or else, Honda and Toyota should not wait too much to follow the same steps.

aaronng
05-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Rear looks hot like an S class. Front looks like an Euro with Civic headlamps.

amato2
05-05-2008, 12:36 PM
I like it looks great... i still think they need to make a nice coupe out of this car with the V6 muscle i reckon that would be really cool

I also heard that this update brings in the new 3.7L V6

jay_vtec
05-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Ohhh that is sex....love how they keep the gangsta appeal on the legends... love how it looks like they have mixed different sorts of hondas into this one..as stated above, bit of Euro, Civic ETC

wonder when there coming to aus

JC_Vtec
05-05-2008, 04:55 PM
The back is an EXACt copy of the current S-Class

j.meng87
05-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Like the rear but not the front. The new fog light and lower grill design somehow wreck the luxury look

jeffske
05-05-2008, 05:47 PM
The back is an EXACt copy of the current S-Class

they look nothing alike
http://images.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/tokyo/0511_tokyo_019+2006_mercedes_benz_s_class_bluetec_ hybrid+rear_side_view.jpg

ShAwNeX
05-05-2008, 05:50 PM
they look nothing alike
http://images.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/tokyo/0511_tokyo_019+2006_mercedes_benz_s_class_bluetec_ hybrid+rear_side_view.jpg

I can see some resemblance. The light design and just the overall fatness and chunkiness of the rear (especially the bulging bumper bar).

Frost_FD
05-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Lets not hope its 80k or else no one is going to buy it.

Alpine
05-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Meh..I prefer the look of the current Legend better.

LXRY
05-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Looks like honda trying to enter the first class market......Bad move if they are......Legand by the looks of it is aimed at the older market say 40-50yo + market. Going by the the current model price at $74,500*+on road costs new model will be $80,000 +.

Hondas build quality not good enough for this market, atm.

ludecrs
05-05-2008, 07:43 PM
^ Agreed. The car looks like it should sit in the 40-50K market.

Alpine
05-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Notice how the "HONDA" badge has made a return on this model on the left corner of the bootlid. All latest Hondas don't have this badge.

panda[cRx]
05-05-2008, 10:39 PM

Hondas build quality not good enough for this market, atm.

lol the euros (merc, bmw etc) are not what everyones makes em out to be.

the build quality in many cases is below that of the legend, or even the civic or euro for that matter

Sherweeeny
05-05-2008, 10:48 PM
i think it looks like crap. out of proportion, making it look bigger than it is, whilst still looking stocky at the same time, weird angles and the front looks like a bloody 5 year old accord.

79k is way too much for the current legend, and im sure sales back this up.

panda[cRx]
05-05-2008, 10:56 PM
^ compare it to its competitors and it's pretty good bang for buck

rayb3na_
05-05-2008, 10:58 PM
looks like a benz at the back? lol

Sherweeeny
05-05-2008, 11:04 PM
;1672760']^ compare it to its competitors and it's pretty good bang for buck

i know, but bang for buck matters when u have maxish 40g to spend...

interfooler
05-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Have you guys sat in one before? 80k price tag for this car is appropriate considering the amount of luxuries you get. some of those features you could only get them in flagship models like the Audi A8. even if you tick all the optional features it will still be much cheaper than a standard 5 series or A6 with lots less features. the build quality is also very impressive.

UNLS1
06-05-2008, 02:10 PM
lol go and option up 5 series BMW with all the same options as the legend and let me know what price u get.

dont think it will be 80k some how!

Lukey
06-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Looks like a toyota to me.

amato2
06-05-2008, 07:44 PM
I really like the back but i thought they could of done a bit better on the front of the car.. maybe make the Grill longer taking up more of the front similar to the current audi's... and style the front lower bumper a lil different so the foggyies dont look like an after thought!! other then that luv the car.. my grand dad has the 2007 one in black with tan insdie and its bulddy nice since as, very lux comapred to Bmw 5.

Riviera
07-05-2008, 09:16 AM
i dont like it... straight up lol

the current leg-end is the better looking and so much more agressive in the current.

the looks like a fat civic in the front and a mess in the back and they keep
stealing style from merc...

and yes it doesnt even look like an expensive car lol...

gldsaucer
07-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Lets hope that the current legend will drop a bit in price as i really like its interior!

I think Honda still has years ahead of them before they mature as luxury car brand though..The quality is up there, but not the design and brand-name. Just look at Toyota, how long have lexus exist?And now they are really hitting the market with RX330, IS250 and LS460..

Note: Even IS250 looks toyota-ish..I dont think people likes their cars resembles its sister(ParentBrand?)-brand..

Psy
07-05-2008, 07:54 PM
I like the rear but prefer the previous front.

2002 TeGgY
08-05-2008, 01:49 AM
these cars are worth every cent.my dad has one and is loving it.hes previouse car was a merc ml350 which was worth 95 grand wen new and let me tell u the legend is WAY better car.dad was gona go for another merc but i told him to test drive the legend and as soon as he drove it he bought it on the spot.i drive it quite a bit and i love it...jus my 2 cents

bigdongers
20-05-2008, 11:55 PM
I think the legend is over priced for what you get. Is it really worth 30k more than a Accord V6 Lux?

Around $60k would be more like it.

Rudy
23-05-2008, 06:49 PM
I think the legend is over priced for what you get. Is it really worth 30k more than a Accord V6 Lux?

Around $60k would be more like it.

I think thats half true.. if you compare the legend to the equivalent bmw or merc, its WAY better value at half the cost. But i think the downfall is that people who are going to buy the legend probably think "why not buy the accord at half the price"? I agree theres not enough seperating that accord and current legend for the price diff.

And btw, i think the back looks like the 7 series

http://images.worldcarfans.com/2008/5/4/9080504.001/9080504.001.Mini2L.jpg

http://images.automotive.com/cob/factory_automotive/images/Features/auto_shows/2004_CIAS/2005_BMW_7-series_745Li_rear.jpg

LXRY
23-05-2008, 08:10 PM
;1672728']lol the euros (merc, bmw etc) are not what everyones makes em out to be.

the build quality in many cases is below that of the legend, or even the civic or euro for that matter

True the build quality of a euro or civic would be lower than the legend....suppose Honda could be looking into having a range of vehicles to cater for all .

If I was looking at spending $80,000 the first thing that comes into mind is BMW, Mercedes (which $80,000 wouldn't buy you much really) Audi, Lexus (IS250), Volvo etc..which have earned the label as luxury car manufacturers from day one.

At $60,000 yes I'de consider the Legend, $80,000 for a Honda sports car yep bring it on.....but a old fellas car at $80,000 hmmmm....have to think about that one ;)

ACE888
24-05-2008, 01:14 PM
My guess would be the likely target market is 45yrs+ likely male, closer to retirement age kind of guy. I think most of us here are @ OH is at least half that target age.

It is an $80k car which is so much better value when compared to a direct european competitor such as a BMW 5 series, E class merc, A6 which are at least >$20k more.

The question is, would someone justify paying $30k on top of a Accord V6 Luxury? If I was at the dealership, I would drive both the Accord V6 lux, then hop into the Legend straight after and realise, wooah first impressions of both cars feels the same. leather, nice wood, large, power feels similar with 200kw+ in each, smooth, quiet etc.

As for build quality, any japanese branded vehicle has built better than any european car! My dad runs a Merc E240, brother runs a BMW 320 and Alfa 156, and me - just a simple Honda Jazz and seriously is like the Energizer Bunny, it just keeps on going and going and going.

Jaso
24-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Hrrrm back looks nice front looks so so. Probably a very nice car...but will it sell in its price bracket??? Time will tell i guess...

EGB18CT
26-05-2008, 12:25 PM
My guess would be the likely target market is 45yrs+ likely male, closer to retirement age kind of guy. I think most of us here are @ OH is at least half that target age.

It is an $80k car which is so much better value when compared to a direct european competitor such as a BMW 5 series, E class merc, A6 which are at least >$20k more.

The question is, would someone justify paying $30k on top of a Accord V6 Luxury? If I was at the dealership, I would drive both the Accord V6 lux, then hop into the Legend straight after and realise, wooah first impressions of both cars feels the same. leather, nice wood, large, power feels similar with 200kw+ in each, smooth, quiet etc.

As for build quality, any japanese branded vehicle has built better than any european car! My dad runs a Merc E240, brother runs a BMW 320 and Alfa 156, and me - just a simple Honda Jazz and seriously is like the Energizer Bunny, it just keeps on going and going and going.

i wouldnt go to the extent of better build quality etc.. there are some very nice euro cars especially the luxury cars that are better build than the japs. The way the car feels, quality of metal used, the firmness clasp of the doors shutting, paint finishes etc, yes u pay a premium for thieir brand and their service but its well worth it if you have the cash. Personally id choose a bmw over a honda luxury car 80k is i bit much imo...

EuroDude
26-05-2008, 03:15 PM
kind of prefer the current styling lolol

http://response.jp/issue/2004/0901/article63320_1.images/71690.jpg

2002 TeGgY
26-05-2008, 03:33 PM
i wouldnt go to the extent of better build quality etc.. there are some very nice euro cars especially the luxury cars that are better build than the japs. The way the car feels, quality of metal used, the firmness clasp of the doors shutting, paint finishes etc, yes u pay a premium for thieir brand and their service but its well worth it if you have the cash. Personally id choose a bmw over a honda luxury car 80k is i bit much imo...

thats the thing, 80K wouldnt you get much in the european car section. id rather a legend over a C200K or 325i any day. just take it for a drive and see the difference. and the legend is a diffrent car to the accord...take em for a drive and see what i mean

boleh
03-06-2008, 09:34 AM
That's the problem with badges.. Had the Legend came as Acura RL then everyone will take a different view about that car.

Legend = Accord V6 Lux? That is the same as saying Lexus ES350 = Aurion Presara

In fact the Legend/Accord have more mechanical differentiations: SH-AWD vs FWD, and different engines.

The Presara and ES350 are both FWD, share the same engine (2GR-FE) and gearbox (U660).

boleh
03-06-2008, 09:40 AM

Have you actually sat in the Legend before?

The REAL wood trim immediately feels and looks different in the Legend. Accord interior is only strapped in plastics with woody pattern. If you cannot tell the difference, then well, what else can I say..

ShAwNeX
03-06-2008, 01:51 PM
That's the problem with badges.. Had the Legend came as Acura RL then everyone will take a different view about that car.

Legend = Accord V6 Lux? That is the same as saying Lexus ES350 = Aurion Presara

In fact the Legend/Accord have more mechanical differentiations: SH-AWD vs FWD, and different engines.

The Presara and ES350 are both FWD, share the same engine (2GR-FE) and gearbox (U660).

I think people are slowly starting to understand that a company can build both cheap and economic cars, while at the same time build expensive luxury vehicles all under the one badge. And Honda is doing quite a good job at it in both the marketing sense and also the actual end product.

And BTW ... not many people think of the Legend as an expensive version of the Accord V6 LUX. LOL...

u4ria
15-08-2008, 12:30 AM

I own a Legend KB1, the 2007 model and I'm only in my early 30's :o

I think design wise Honda Legend is still appealing to younger buyer but the price will put off a lot of potential young buyers. You will have to sit in this car then you will understand why it is worth the money

d15z1SUX
15-08-2008, 09:09 AM
looks like an accord to me haha

panda[cRx]
16-08-2008, 02:27 AM
True the build quality of a euro or civic would be lower than the legend....suppose Honda could be looking into having a range of vehicles to cater for all .

lol what i was saying is that hte build quality of most similarly priced european cars would be far worse than the legend!

i haven't had much experience with audis but i know similar priced mercs and beemers just do not compare. the legend is much better put together, and is much better value for money. as UNSL1 said option a european lux car with the same features as a legend and see what kinda dollars you are spending

beayni85
24-08-2010, 10:10 PM
I own the KB1 to and im 24 haha. Problem is people under 45 are still worried about a badge. I test drove an A6 and several 530i's in the same price bracket and still chose the KB. Although i must admit if Honda wants to keep up with this part of the market they need to fly the Acura Flag and fix the handling a little bit, SH-AWD is all nice, but just doesnt compare to the BMW's handling. Interior beats the A6 and 530 hands down tho, which is where you spend most of your time, and why I made the choice to stick with the Legend

Bulbasaur
25-08-2010, 09:28 PM
nice bumpidy bump