View Full Version : ARE THERE ANY GENUINE EURO R's OUT HERE IN AUSTRALIA

WIL70S
06-05-2008, 01:40 AM
the title says it all

akina
06-05-2008, 02:20 AM
yea i got the genuine euro r badges/emblems with kit + grill
it looks 99.99% like a euro r on the outside :p

seriously... can only be imported dude and i highly doubt there is 1 in aus.

WIL70S
06-05-2008, 02:40 AM
how much did it cost all up for you to do that?

yeh i was just wondering. never knew the real euro r's came with recaros and stuff until today. haha so i got excited and wanted to see if we've got any here in aus.
so is it a possibility to import one??

Crapdaz
06-05-2008, 07:26 AM
yeh loads of money to import it though.

EK Civic R
06-05-2008, 07:40 AM
It would prob. be cheaper to get the parts and just change it over into the CL9... Even if you could get it imported here, would be rather difficult to get it registered for on the road.

Pumped
06-05-2008, 09:31 AM
Ive seen Euro R's for sale pretty cheap, would be cheaper then buying a new/second hand euro

Getting it on the road would be the expensive part, if possible at all?

rikstar
06-05-2008, 12:45 PM
yea i got the genuine euro r badges/emblems with kit + grill
it looks 99.99% like a euro r on the outside :p

seriously... can only be imported dude and i highly doubt there is 1 in aus.

Agreed. But gotta also have the font lip, side skirts and rear lip to make it a "genuine replica", oxymoron right there! Hehe

ig3o
06-05-2008, 09:14 PM
i was in japan a couple months ago and a brand spanking new euroR is about $25000 AUD =)

aaronng
06-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Can only be brought in as a private import or as a track car using a CAMS licence.

WIL70S
06-05-2008, 11:29 PM
hey akina..
just wondering how much it cost for the whole kit?

akina
06-05-2008, 11:47 PM
came with the car when i brought it lol
the limited edition model. :honda:

WIL70S
07-05-2008, 12:27 AM
ahhhh you lucky bastard haha
when i bought my car, i was looking for either a sport or limited edition but there wasnt any at the time.
searching now in used cars sites and theres limited edition goin for $33990.
F***!!!!! regret buying my one now. bought it for 29000 and its only standard!

r-r-redEuro
07-05-2008, 12:49 AM
you can ask the honda dealer to chuck it on, they do still have parts :) and btw alex is gay i hate your black euro, thought we were gonna keep it the same and stock =P bastard have so many mods now

akina
07-05-2008, 01:54 AM
you can ask the honda dealer to chuck it on, they do still have parts :) and btw alex is gay i hate your black euro, thought we were gonna keep it the same and stock =P bastard have so many mods now

lol!!!
and lets hope theres more coming :D
and u should plan for something new! dont ya get bored... well i do lol
took off the sticker and accord badge today for a more clean look :thumbsup:
and honestly, havent gotten use to it yet and it looks weird to me haha

SPQR
07-05-2008, 07:32 AM
i was in japan a couple months ago and a brand spanking new euroR is about $25000 AUD =)

Should I go on again about how massively ripped-off we in OZ are on car prices?

UNLS1
07-05-2008, 04:33 PM
move to japan?

tony1234
07-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Should I go on again about how massively ripped-off we in OZ are on car prices?
Go to Singapore!You'll come back feeling better about our car prices!

SPQR
07-05-2008, 05:18 PM
The only moving that needs to happen is that car prices need to move downward. Unless you all enjoy being ripped-off...

What did the masochist say to the sadist?
Hit me!
What did the sadist say to the masochist?
No!

viper8548
07-05-2008, 11:30 PM
LMAO its so funny how everytime SPQR complains about the prices, UNLS1 is ALWAYS the first one to reply LOL

Yes aus prices are really expensive compared to the US, but compared to places like Singapore its is VERY cheap. When I was in Hong Kong I've seen heaps of Euro-Rs, they are cheap to buy less than $30k AUD, but the maintenance is crazy, fuel prices are around $2.50 a litre and you also need to rent parking as 99.99% of homes do not have place to park.

I was thinking of importing an Euro-R when my relative migration to Sydney, but after looking at all the taxes involved and inspections it will end up costing alot of money and time, talk about insurance..so I ended up dropping the idea and bought myself a Luxury.

Crapdaz
08-05-2008, 12:47 AM
just drop in a K20A engine in our euro's and add two recaros on the front

then instead the euro-r body kit go for kenstyle.

and while your at it turbo charge it too since more readily available for k20a engines.

LET US KNOW IF ANYONE IS GOING TO GET ONE.........

SPQR
08-05-2008, 07:37 AM
LMAO its so funny how everytime SPQR complains about the prices, UNLS1 is ALWAYS the first one to reply LOL

Maybe because the UNLicenSed1 sells Honda cars but drives a V8 instead. Everyone is entitled to push their own barrow. If I worked for a car dealer, the last thing I'd want is a drop in prices because it would potentially mean a drop in income. How many of us would volunteer for that?

In reality, it's a matter of volume of sales. Honda sells 60,000 cars. Apart from covering business costs and wages, the margin and profit needs to fund the cost of the bribes/bonuses it pays dealers for achieving sales targets as wells lavish dealer parties and lavish presentations to media. They don't live an ascetic lifestyle. And who would blame them in this Godless society? Hedonism is king!

As consumers, it is our duty to ourselves to demand the best price for us.

Am I defeating my own argument? No. There is no argument as it is a fact that we are being ripped-off. All I get back is snide remarks and defeatism.

"Che sera sera" as the song goes, is the attitude of most correspondents to this post. (Supposedly "What will be will be" but actually "What evening evening"!!! The correct words should have been "Che sara sara" but the singer got it wrong so the whole English world happily sings along to the bemusement of those in the know).

EK Civic R
08-05-2008, 07:39 AM
I think its around $9000 for brand new k20a and sell off your k24 and it will probably def cheaper than importing and going through all the hassles and costs involved + trying to get it road registered will probably cost another car

Crapdaz
08-05-2008, 10:56 AM
yeh as long as you have it engineering signatory approved to back you up.

UNLS1
08-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Maybe because the UNLicenSed1 sells Honda cars but drives a V8 instead. Everyone is entitled to push their own barrow. If I worked for a car dealer, the last thing I'd want is a drop in prices because it would potentially mean a drop in income. How many of us would volunteer for that?

In reality, it's a matter of volume of sales. Honda sells 60,000 cars. Apart from covering business costs and wages, the margin and profit needs to fund the cost of the bribes/bonuses it pays dealers for achieving sales targets as wells lavish dealer parties and lavish presentations to media. They don't live an ascetic lifestyle. And who would blame them in this Godless society? Hedonism is king!

Am I defeating my own argument? No. There is no argument as it is a fact that we are being ripped-off. All I get back is snide remarks and defeatism.

"Che sera sera" as the song goes, is the attitude of most correspondents to this post. (Supposedly "What will be will be" but actually "What evening evening"!!! The correct words should have been "Che sara sara" but the singer got it wrong so the whole English world happily sings along to the bemusement of those in the know).

lol i drive my V8 on a nice sunny day, every other day i drive a new honda.
im not havin a go at u, i just dont think its a good argument with price. its like cost of food and beer and stuff in USA, cars too, cheaper than aus.
as i said the top of the line Commodore calais V should be about 20k with what ur saying?

aaronng
08-05-2008, 11:30 AM

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1676442&postcount=41

Darkii_
09-05-2008, 07:59 AM
what's that say?

SPQR
10-05-2008, 05:47 AM
what's that say?

Sorry. I can't remember now but it might have been pertinent and it would have been easily searchable on the Internet.

As far as Euro R's go, I've not seen one in my travels around the country and you tend to notice every Euro on the road once you own one.

I noticed the new model in Europe seems to have a sports version. Does anyone know if it is the replacement Euro R?

aaronng
10-05-2008, 09:23 AM
I noticed the new model in Europe seems to have a sports version. Does anyone know if it is the replacement Euro R?

Nope, that is probably the Accord Type S. Equivalent here would be the Euro Sport and Euro Limited.