PDA

View Full Version : Resonator Removal

iizzii
06-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Has anyone removed the Resonator from their Euro, if possible is there a tutorial on it, and what gains does it have...

honki3rider
06-05-2008, 08:00 PM
http://injen.com/galleries/products/SP1431_directions.pdf
the second page shows how to remove the resonator which is the pieces just below airbox.
there is also a pipe which sits in the inside wall of the engine bay. its a bit fiddly but you'll be fine.:p

gains would be intake noise.

iizzii
06-05-2008, 08:08 PM
had a look at the second page, but at which point do i need to stop ?

honki3rider
06-05-2008, 09:02 PM
stop at the battery removal, i dont think you need to take that out.only for installing the cai. hope that helps.

BiLL|z0r
08-05-2008, 06:41 AM
I have. Easy.
Jack up corner of car.
Take wheel off.
Take clips around wheel arch out and under front bumper/lip to half way.
Take out fog light cover (or fog light)
You can see a bolt in there. Undo it and scratch the crap out of your hand.
Look in wheel arch, take bolt out of there.
On top in engine bay, there is a snokle thing, undo bolt. Back under car.
Whiggle till whole thing come loose and falls out/seperates.

You may elect to removed from bumper and it is easier to access but I did mine without doing it.

JunYu
08-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Having attempted both methods i found that removing the front bumper makes it much easier to remove the res. + you wont end up with sore hands :D

honki3rider
08-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Having attempted both methods i found that removing the front bumper makes it much easier to remove the res. + you wont end up with sore hands :D
yep definately.:p

Crapdaz
08-05-2008, 03:43 PM
if i can recall i only loosened the left side (did not remove bumper) and pulled the under wheel well guard out and undid the bolts then jiggled out so not too hard....

Min988
08-05-2008, 05:09 PM
I used the wheel arch method, was by myself and didnt want to hurt my front bar, easier if you have small hands. I rekon it was worth the time.

Crapdaz
08-05-2008, 07:51 PM
wheel arch method is easiest, laziest and quickest.

i took my bumper off anyhow cause i was going to add mesh as our accord euros collect alot of rubbish due to the holes in those massive grills section just under your rego plate. BUT i got too lazy.

iizzii
09-05-2008, 12:12 AM
thnx heaps guys!
ill try both ways n get back to u guys...
might take pics as well...MIGHT!

iizzii
09-05-2008, 06:33 PM
Just finished taking the resonator off, took me approximatley 20 minutes with the help of a mate by moving half the wheel arch cover and the foglight, but i think just by common knowledge it would be easier to do it that way than removing the whole front bumper..., thanx Billzor for your steps and thanx honk for the link to that step by step.

BiLL|z0r
10-05-2008, 07:52 AM
Does it sound better now? I still love the growl. It's not CAI loud though which is good to stay stealth.

iizzii
10-05-2008, 11:06 AM
yeah sounds just a bit softer then a large pod filter, but gives a nice growl when it give it..

kevt88
14-11-2008, 01:40 AM
20min...took me like 2 hrs on my own. removing the bumber is like the worlds longest activity. i took the black box out and the whole S shape tubing connected to it. Was i supposed to take the whole S shape tubing out too? oh well time will tell.
also...im pretty sure you can manage doing this without removing the top air filter box thing...:)

Suntzu
14-11-2008, 05:46 AM
I went through the fog opening and wheel arch . Pain in the arse but got in done in about 1 hour.

Crapdaz
14-11-2008, 10:43 AM
I went through wheel arch and a hydraulic jack + stand.
Took me about 45mins wriggling.

There is a S tube towards the inner side which you cannot see.
It connects to the pipe infront of the battery within the engine bay.

Remove the 2 clips on that pipe and you can remove it, and you will understand how the resonator is connected and the stock intake sucks in hot engine bay air as it's sitting right next to the radiator and intake manifold.

integral90
18-11-2008, 05:45 PM
i took the black box out and the whole S shape tubing connected to it. Was i supposed to take the whole S shape tubing out too? oh well time will tell. filter box thing...:)

When I first removed intake resonator I took out all the piping from the filter box down and it just had an annoying deep drone under throttle. It's cause if you end the piping at the box the opening is still inside the engine bat very close to other accessories and it just bounces the sound around in there. You'd be better off finding some piping and extending it into the front guard and give yourself a cold feed. A bit more power and a nicer sound, still aggressive but without the loud annoying drone :thumbsup: