PDA

View Full Version : exhuasts

enkay
07-05-2008, 08:12 AM
yo just wondering if anyone ever seen or used any of these exhausts and if not, some of you may not know its out so id thought id just post it anyways
(im lookin at options for exhausts =P)
hks es premium (theres a vid on youtube)

feel's dual exhaust (not the SS one, one with burnt tips i think. found it on thier catalog, had single and dual for both types of exhuasts they got)

M&M's titanium exhaust (just found out bout this one yesterday! haha full titanium single outlet exhaust link (http://www.mandm-honda.com/partslist_titan.html))

apexi dual WS exhaust (think i saw this on here once haha)

5zigen A-spec dual exhaust (onli seen a couple photos of it on tsx but guy never said what the exhaust was like)

also im still undecided on what cat to get as im worried if i get a hiflo cat that when i get exhaust it will be too loud as some of the exhuasts dont come with silencers. this is where i was thinking if i should get the euro-r cat like chris_f did that way i have more options of exhausts.

Crapdaz
07-05-2008, 09:46 AM
i duno about the dual version of 5zigen pro Racer Aspec one but i got the single outlet and i think Curik has it too, it is quite soft barely noticeable and crisp the noise when revving.

I've since had RT hi flo cat and DC headers installed and it is farely loud when revving, more cabin noise and the exhaust sounds alot better due to better flow. (HOOOOOT BURNT TIP appearance)

hope this helps a little.
Daz

BusterSonic12
07-05-2008, 11:53 AM
HKS silent hi power IS SUPERB for the euro.

not too loud when driving normally. idle noise is perfer. deep angry roar when full throttle

looks sexy as well.

enkay
07-05-2008, 06:05 PM
thanks for info.
crapdaz, does the exhaust loudness annoying now you got the rt cat?
btw ive got a set of maxim headers sittin in my room haha thats why if i get euro r cat its just bold on prety much
also does any1 know how much it would cost for a metal cat with custom piping and flanges and installed as i wanna keep my stock cat intact so i can just bolt it back on when i sell it.

Crapdaz
07-05-2008, 10:53 PM
hey enkay sometimes depending on my mood it also depends on the temperature so when i drive at night it sounds alot better cause air is alot cooler... warmer slightly droney but not too bad ......

in my opinion i think you should try and get the headers put in first and see if you like it, CAT change later cause if it does become too loud at least you didnt waste your money. But if you want to go for it i think it'll prob be cheaper to go for custom cat or even get a good cat not specifically for euro and get custom brackets welded on prob cheaper.... call up local metalworkshops and see how much they charge to do that sort of work.

damn you must be made of money bro, maxim headers... *drools*
i didnt want to spend too much so i got bang for buck headers *feels like a different car after headers are changed*

enkay
07-05-2008, 11:08 PM
hehe yer nah i got it 2nd hand for under 1k =P

the only thing is that the maxim headers dont bolt up to the stock cat so id rather just get aftermarket cat at same time haha
if i had money i would try the feel's cat though i dont think its worth it haha

Crapdaz
07-05-2008, 11:19 PM
hahaha yeh i got the random tech hi flow cat cause it was direct bolt on but it cost a fair bit too.......

what sort of bracket is used on the maxim header connection to the cat? stock is the pentagon shape bracket. i am assuming its the round triangle shaped one?