PDA

View Full Version : carb -> efi

MWAKU
07-05-2008, 01:17 PM
really can't really find it, i saw it before but searching is not getting me to what i exactly want.

thinking away from engine conversion, i just want to know, how much it would cost to change a carb -> efi

for example, i have a GL, only CURIOUS, what the cost would be to change it into a EFI (parts + labour) and if anyone knows where good places i could get it done cheap.

Only reason why thinking this because i just feel like putting on some bolt on's to my car, such as CAI.

So prices for parts I'm thinking would be easier for me to source out?? and just give it to someone who knows how to do it and pay for their labour??

but other than that, could someone give me a rough outline of total cost.

TheSaint
07-05-2008, 02:04 PM
so i take it you didnt get a refund? and why not?

to answer your question, you would be financially and modability wise better off starting with a better (IE the one you want) base in the 1st place

MWAKU
07-05-2008, 06:33 PM
^ I PM'd you the situation??

Well anyone can answer my question?

MWAKU
07-05-2008, 06:44 PM
oh wait no i didn't, your inbox was full. well ok this is the situation

fair trading replied to me, told me, talk to the dealer, negotiate a price for the GL, since it was advertised as a SI, and i believe i was charged too much. To also tell them i was told me fair trading, and if an agreement isn't made, then i would call fair trading again and it will pursue further. so for now, when i get my car back, I'm gunna try to go low baller and say 3k for the car, thats a free 2k to spend on random stuff, such as carb->efi and cosmetics. the things is, i really can't be bothered to go up to the dealers, which i know is a, by far, a better thing to do, but i'd rather just call em and tell em, and then few day later go down and pick up the rest of the money, cause if i go down there, i have to neg, go back down, go back some other day, get money. but yeh, maybe he won't even agree, since the dealer is so arrogant, and stubborn.

TheSaint
07-05-2008, 07:24 PM
lol he has to agree its the law...

and as i have said before, stop wasting your time with this thing, from what you have explained to me you clearly want something else,

1. Get your money
2. Sell your car for as mutch as possible
3. Consilidate saved money
4. Learn about hondas ALOT more and which car you actually want and how to tell the difference
5. Buy said car and enjoy it hassle free

stick to that mate, please stick to that lol

traumatized
08-05-2008, 10:35 AM
no offence MWAKU but it seems that your can't be stuffed sorting things out with the dealer and getting what you have paid for.

I totally agree with TheSaint it appears you want something that you don't have but really want to change what you have to be something you don't have (if that makes sense)

if you really are that cut about buying something that isn't what was advertised then do something about it, make the effort and head to the dealer and sort it out whether it is an entire refund or some money back it's better than not getting something back. the dealer isn't going to offer it to you so you put the pressure on them and you have the backing of the fair trading act.

but if you are not willing to do anything about it then you are stuck with what you have, the longer you let this drag on the harder it will be for you to get anything back at all.

sorry about this being so long, i've just noticed you have posted alot of things about modding the car you have and it is clear you want it to be something it is not.

MWAKU
08-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Yeah well I'm doing stuff, just not posting it all up on OH. Atm i need my car back to go down there, since its at the mechanics getting the transmission fixed. Once that's done I'm going down there to sort things out.

For the mean time, i just want to gather some info, since i will be stuck with the car anyway.

But with that, anyone actually have info for my thread?

Benson
08-05-2008, 11:39 AM
from carby to efi conversion you need the efi wiring loom and the efi fuel tank from an efi EG

avg cost to convert carby to efi is 1k to 1.5k depending where you go

send me a PM I might be able to help you out

TheSaint
08-05-2008, 12:25 PM
money better spent on a B16a2 =/

traumatized is kinda right, iv been getting the same feeling but i have been too nice to say it lol

dont feel like an idiot, alot of people have the same problem, in the last 2 months i have helped quite a few OH members with similar problems and than advised them on purchasing a new car that suites them and they all got good deals and have sweet rides now

persevere and save your money, i strongly recommend putting your foot DOWN with your family and booking some driving lessons with an instructor to get your manual liscence before you buy another car, it will make things SO much easier

i will continue to chat to you in MSN and advise you, if you have any questions at all let me know