PDA

View Full Version : Integra won't start...(sometimes)

bellecat1
07-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Hey guys,
Just got a couple of questions for some techies out there. I got an Integra LS 1989 and over the last 6-8 months I have found that sometimes it doesn't start (rarely). It was usually once I had been driving it, turned it off then trying to start it again. It basically just tries to start (I can hear the engine going but it just doesn't fire up. I believe it sounds something like having no fuel and trying to start a car. Anyway, over the last month or so the problem has been happening a lot on both cold and hot starts. A mate disconnected the distributor wires and and asked me to start it, that was exactly how the problem sounded. I just try to start the car periodically and it will usually fire up within 5 or so minutes, mind you, sometimes the car will go for days/weeks with starting first time. Today my revs tacho stopped working whilst driving. Are these things linked? is this a common problem with these cars? any idea on something I could try to fix it?

any help appreciated!
Thanks

bennjamin
07-05-2008, 10:52 PM
sounds like your distributor is on its way out - you need a replacement igniter unit or coil .

AzKik-R
09-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Just curuios? was it the distributor?
could be a fuse somewhere, or maybe the negative isn't earthing properly, clean off the battery terminal, lol, dunno can only suggest.

EKVTIR-T
09-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Maybe Main fuel relay too.

Integra89
12-05-2008, 01:00 PM
im a tech on truckes, it could be the dizzy/spark plugs or it could be injectors or fuel regulator, try the dizzy cuz thats most probibly it but if that doesnt work try injectors

Mr_will
12-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Maybe Main fuel relay too.

another vote for this.

your main fuel relay WILL go sooner or later, its a very common problem on da9s.

I would suggest replacing it, because at the very least, you can then eliminate it from your search for problems and know that it wont be a problem in future :thumbsup:

IZY-10
12-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Do your dash lights light up? If not it is your ignition switch had the same problem with my DA9

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81964

_FeRiO_
12-05-2008, 03:30 PM
I had to have my main ignition relay replaced on my DC2 not too long ago and i had the same symptoms as yourself with the car not starting randomly, so that could be your problem also. Worth looking into.

string
14-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Re-solder the main relay. Don't buy a new one - at the very most replace the relays for the few dollars they are worth.