PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Club Exhaust Systems

deezsta87
08-05-2008, 10:19 AM
hey guys.
Can anyone tell me the pros and cons (ie loudness, clearance off ground, performance) of a BC Spec III and BC Pro Spec exhaust please. me and my friend are looking to get our integra's fitted but need to know if their is a major difference between the two models.
Greatly appreciated guys.

mars_panas
08-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Which Buddyclub exhaust system you after?? if you want loudness go for the BC spec 3...

it will give you Performance and high pitch race-car sound... if you go for this setup upgrade your header as well eg: Toda header, would work nicely...

or if your looking for something that is a little more quite go for BC spec 2

deezsta87
08-05-2008, 10:29 AM
how about pro spec? i heard the b-pipe sits higher compared to the spec 3

VTECMACHINE
08-05-2008, 10:29 AM
One of my BC Spec III fell apart on me after 2000Km's, and BC wouldn't replace it under warrenty.

absolutR
08-05-2008, 10:41 AM
i like the spec IV, you can pick them up at a reasonable price... i've heard it at WOT n it sounds like it revs out like a rotary with vtec screaming, nice pipe imo.

dudeling7
08-05-2008, 10:47 AM
Which Buddyclub exhaust system you after?? if you want loudness go for the BC spec 3...

it will give you Performance and high pitch race-car sound... if you go for this upgrade your header as well eg: Toda header, would work nicely...

BC Spec 2 a little more quiet haha is that a joke?

mars_panas
08-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Have you consider any other brands than BC??

Fujitsubo exhausts or Mugen Twin Loop are good - has a good catback with good gains...

Spoon N1 is ok... you get the loudness but performace wouldn't be much gain unless you get better B-pipe.

deezsta87
08-05-2008, 10:52 AM
spec 2.. hrmm.. i dont wanna go deaf lol
Fujitsubo and mugen are too expensive.
bc is good bang for buck but is there a big difference between spec iii and pro spec?

VTECMACHINE
08-05-2008, 10:55 AM
spec 2.. hrmm.. i dont wanna go deaf lol
Fujitsubo and mugen are too expensive.
bc is good bang for buck but is there a big difference between spec iii and pro spec?

Not at all... If I remember correctly, it either has a mid resignator... or a larger one compared to the Spec III. Perhaps they are even the same.

tRipitaka
08-05-2008, 10:57 AM
spec 3:
smaller resonator, louder

pro spec:
bigger resonator, quieter

difference in loudness is minimal.. ~2db difference..

performance difference will also be very minimal.. but i'd assume the spec 3 will extract more power..

deezsta87
08-05-2008, 10:57 AM
does that mean power is lost or gained? sorry bout the dumb questions.. im a noob

deezsta87
08-05-2008, 11:00 AM
spec 3:
smaller resonator, louder

pro spec:
bigger resonator, quieter

difference in loudness is minimal.. ~2db difference..

performance difference will also be very minimal.. but i'd assume the spec 3 will extract more power..

answered my questions thanks heaps :thumbsup:

im after something that isn't too loud but something that produces some power. if i were to get the pro spec would this be a good decision? i also heard the bpipe for the spec III hangs wayyy too low

tRipitaka
08-05-2008, 11:01 AM
if you want something that isn't too loud.. stay away from buddyclub..

http://www.buddyclub.com.au/2007/racing_spec_muffler/racing_spec_muffler_spec3_img/spec3dB.jpg

http://www.buddyclub.com.au/2007/racing_spec_muffler/muffler_prospec_img/pro_specdB.jpg

deezsta87
08-05-2008, 11:04 AM
lol.. decisions decisions

VTECMACHINE
08-05-2008, 11:09 AM
answered my questions thanks heaps :thumbsup:

im after something that isn't too loud but something that produces some power. if i were to get the pro spec would this be a good decision? i also heard the bpipe for the spec III hangs wayyy too low

Nah the B-pipe design should be the same.

Don't ask us if it would be a good desicion. You need to make that up for yourself.

But.. if you were to ask me, i'd say no. I wouldn't buy more BC products.

nick_sixx
08-05-2008, 11:17 AM
ive got the pro spec fitted on my civic, it sounds similar to a turbo'd car down low really deep, but up high it sounds more like a straight pipe which is cool. keep in mind also it will be ~15kg lighter than your current system, cause they're (i think, correct me if im wrong) in the top 3 lightest exhaust systems on the market.

VTECMACHINE
08-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Definately not the top 3 exhaust systems on the market.

Amuse/J's racing/Mines Ti exhausts are all MUCH lighter.

Although I must say they are one of the lightest stainless steel exhausts in the market. But being so thin... they do tend to make buzzing noises every now and then.

dudeling7
08-05-2008, 11:23 AM
yeh pretty sure BC exhasuts are much lighter than most other SS exhaust becuase they use very thing material, so that can be a factor if you have a low car in that it can crack or be dented easily.

but my friend has a bc spec III in his ep3 and its pretty god damn loud! on startup in cold mornings hahaha insane rumble

VTECMACHINE
08-05-2008, 11:27 AM
If you are concerned with noise dude, and not TOOOO concerned with performance.. perhaps look into Exforce Twin loop, with a custom B-pipe.. .that was you can choose the resignator size etc. make it as quiet as you want :) Go see Best Mufflers, and get a quote.. the guy does amazing work.

andy_dc2
08-05-2008, 11:28 AM
if you want something that isn't too loud.. stay away from buddyclub..

http://www.buddyclub.com.au/2007/racing_spec_muffler/racing_spec_muffler_spec3_img/spec3dB.jpg

http://www.buddyclub.com.au/2007/racing_spec_muffler/muffler_prospec_img/pro_specdB.jpg

ok im confused... isnt the pro spec meant to be quieter than the spec III? at 4.5k with the silencer the pro spec has a higher dB reading.. can someone pls explain..

tRipitaka
08-05-2008, 11:38 AM
ok im confused... isnt the pro spec meant to be quieter than the spec III? at 4.5k with the silencer the pro spec has a higher dB reading.. can someone pls explain..

pro spec and spec 3 use different silencers.

F.O.B Squad
08-05-2008, 11:58 AM

it will give you Performance and high pitch race-car sound... if you go for this setup upgrade your header as well eg: Toda header, would work nicely...

ahhh your joking right?

Spec II is pretty much the loudest without the silencer. My mate had one on his eg vti and that things deafing.

mars_panas
08-05-2008, 12:07 PM
oh ok... guess i was wrong... :p

VTECMACHINE
08-05-2008, 12:11 PM
ahhh your joking right?

LOL so you weren't joking?! Spec II is straight pipes Yo!

mars_panas
08-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Hey Dee what's your budget???

deezsta87
08-05-2008, 12:21 PM
under 1k

mars_panas
08-05-2008, 12:25 PM
What about X-Force? bang for the buck

http://www.xforce.com.au/cars/view_car/20

VTECMACHINE
08-05-2008, 12:26 PM
For under 1K, i'd just go exforce. Are you really concerned about juicing every tiny amount of power you can get? If so, go BuddyClub, if not got Exforce.

Save the money yO, and spend it on Rims.

absolutR
08-05-2008, 12:29 PM
spec IV > spec 3 and prospec.

absolutR
08-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Save the money yO, and spend it on Rims.

ROFL!!

deezsta87
08-05-2008, 01:00 PM
the spec IV is way quieter yeh?

mars_panas
08-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Fujitsubo Exhaust
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85985

F.O.B Squad
08-05-2008, 01:12 PM
To be honest i'd go with a spec III system if you want something a bit more conservative as in noise a nice note while normal driving and when going higher rpms, but if you want something a bit more louder i'd say spec IV smaller cannon producing a louder noise when vtec'ing.

But i see you got a dc4 so go pro spec i reckon, spec III if you running vtec.

Leave Spec II for track cars.

http://www.buddyclub.com.au/
All are pretty much within your price range.

deezsta87
08-05-2008, 01:15 PM
To be honest i'd go with a spec III system if you want something a bit more conservative as in noise a nice note while normal driving and when going higher rpms, but if you want something a bit more louder i'd say spec IV smaller cannon producing a louder noise when vtec'ing.

But i see you got a dc4 so go pro spec i reckon, spec III if you running vtec.

Leave Spec II for track cars.

All are pretty much within your price range.

cheers fob squad. spec II is not even worth considering lol. i was leaning towards pro spec anyways. just needed some advice on which is the most appropriate for my dc4

andy_dc2
08-05-2008, 01:37 PM
deciding on whether to go for the pro spec or the spec III.. i want a vtec screeeaamer. i know the III will deifinitely do this, however the b pipe is a bit too low. so will the pro spec be good for the job?

deezsta87
08-05-2008, 01:39 PM
hey andy u sexy mofo...

absolutR
08-05-2008, 08:43 PM

spec III is way louder than the spec IV on a dc2r, unless its different on dc4's i'm 100% that a spec III is louder man. I know this guy who changed from spec III to IV purely because of this.

kazam
09-05-2008, 10:42 AM
spec 2 is the loudest coz its straight pipe right ? and duz this mean it gives the most performance gainst aswell? coz minimum restriction?

Neesmo31
20-05-2008, 08:00 AM
Just a quick question, Brian Tan from bel garage reckons that the Buddy Club Spec III are too long and suited for the JDM DC2R not the Aus versions and i have to cut and shut to suit. Has anyone here had to do this?? This is what Brian said about the exhausts.

5Zigen - OK Loud
Buddyclub Spec II - Stupid Loud
Buddyclub Spec III - Quite Loud
Buddyclub Spec III Pro - OK Loud
Buddyclub Spec IV - Looks weird, OK loud

VTECMACHINE
20-05-2008, 02:46 PM
All or MOST JDM exhausts are made for the JDM market. JDM cats are shorter than AUDM cats... and therefore they will be too long. You'll find though... other brands like Spoon etc have longer hangers, so that the exhaust doesn't fall off the rubber mounts, the BC ones are shorter... and you'll find that your exhaust will fall off the rubber mounts every now and then.

dynosaur
20-05-2008, 03:16 PM
if ur car is not too low , Spec III wont be a problem.....

Neesmo31
21-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Does anyone know exactly how much longer a JDM cat is compared to a Aus cat??

VTECMACHINE
21-05-2008, 10:11 AM
JDM cat is approx an inch (if I remember correctly) SHORTER than the AUDM cat.

Neesmo31
21-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Hmmm brian from the bel garage reckons that the jdm cat is roughly 30 - 40mm longer than the aus cat. Ill guess ill see when i go to fit it. Ide love it to be longer than the aus cat.

VTECMACHINE
21-05-2008, 04:32 PM
It's shorter mate.

vtec1990
21-05-2008, 07:45 PM
how much is a bc 2.25 full exhaust system worth roughly?

kazam
21-05-2008, 09:44 PM
like around 900 bux

http://www.buddyclub.us/

check em out

Neesmo31
22-05-2008, 02:45 PM
I just fitted my Buddy Club Spec III. I wanted loud (like pretty loud) but not that loud lol. It is horrendous! lol But its a fairly barky note, sounds good, just prolly a touch too loud. Take my advice if you dont want ear splitting dont get the spec III. go the spec III pro.

And ps we had to cut around 100mm off the cat end to make it fit. Was out by an ass tonne.

votek
22-05-2008, 07:31 PM
why did u cut the cat? why not get a jdm header and a jdm cat and the system will fit perfectly?..

EK4R
22-05-2008, 08:19 PM
here is my experienced. I've had the spec III on my ek before and loved it. ( oh here is a video of my EK vs FGK exhaust to get an idea of the sound. not deep at all ) Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UXa-Yeha8s

I had the pro spec on my dc5, sold that to a friend now running spec III again. Comparing the 2 side by side spec 3 is louder ofcourse but the tone isnt deep dronning. (youtube is your friend)

silencer on the pro spec doesnt do much,on the spec III however it does actually affect the flow and noise, you can feel the lack in power. on the EK it was too raspy, on the DC it was just quiet.

spec III is a slide on between the b pipe and axle and connected using Springs (which vibrate at certain RPM) this could be annoying but you dont really need to have it on, the pipe wont fall apart, its connected quiet deep. this is the noise most ppl are talking about, not the thin metal.

prospec is bolt on between b pipe and axel. so i guess you can change your axel to a twinloop later on if you like

prospec is heavier than spec III (on my dc5 application anyway) and by quiet a lot

Fitment wise mine spec III was jdm spec and it was a perfect fit. not cutting issues. on the EK however it was a tad long and required minor mod.

Btw my ek spec III is for sale ;) can be bolted onto a dc2 with min mods. B pipe is pretty much identical

VTECMACHINE
23-05-2008, 02:19 PM
I just fitted my Buddy Club Spec III. I wanted loud (like pretty loud) but not that loud lol. It is horrendous! lol But its a fairly barky note, sounds good, just prolly a touch too loud. Take my advice if you dont want ear splitting dont get the spec III. go the spec III pro.

And ps we had to cut around 100mm off the cat end to make it fit. Was out by an ass tonne.

They are loud huh! The Spec III pro isn't much quieter.

So I guess you used the AUDM stock cat right?

Neesmo31
28-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Correct - i didnt cut the cat - how can you cut 100mm outta the cat anyway??

VTECMACHINE
28-05-2008, 04:48 PM
So by this... i guess you answered your question, on if the JDM cat is shorter than the AUDM cat. Seems like Brian from Bel was wrong.

vippy84
28-05-2008, 06:26 PM
buddy club spec III is freaking loud.. sometimes i have to watch out for police so i wont get defected.. i have to check how many desibels does the buddy club spec III exhaust produce.. it is definitely so much louder than the Apexi N1 that I used to have

Neesmo31
03-06-2008, 08:13 AM
I found however with the spec 3 - its very loud inside the cabin but its not too bad outside the car. Get one of your mates to take it for a thrash, and youll see they are really not as bad as what it sounds like in the cabin. cant wait to go for a 8 hour drive in it to brissy for the jambo!

F.O.B Squad
08-06-2008, 10:15 PM
I dont want to intrude and go off topic, but would anyone have a pic for each of the spec 3, 4 and pro spec on a DC2.

I ask this because im thinking of getting a buddy club exhaust and i would just like to see how they sit at the rear.
Otherwise im going to have a custom made exhaust system.

Cheers,
Renny.

EK4R
09-06-2008, 02:09 PM
^^ google or youtube it. plenty

mlc
22-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Sorry to bring this back up guys but i enquired about the spec 3 at AAI motors, and the guy i spoke to there (i think his name was david) said that the spec 3 is the same as the pro spec, just in the US they call it the pro spec, in JAPAN they call it spec 3 and in AUS they call it the spec 3 pro. wtf?

Anyways i got a fujitsubo powergetter, to me it's a touch too quiet, i was considering getting the spec 3, i've been youtubing the spec 3 and damn it sounds hot. What do you guys think? should i do the swap?

94dc2tegz
22-08-2008, 11:33 AM
omg andy, hurry up and get one so we can cruise man - looks to me ur splitting hairs here

mugun twinloop ftw

VTECMACHINE
22-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Sorry to bring this back up guys but i enquired about the spec 3 at AAI motors, and the guy i spoke to there (i think his name was david) said that the spec 3 is the same as the pro spec, just in the US they call it the pro spec, in JAPAN they call it spec 3 and in AUS they call it the spec 3 pro. wtf?

Anyways i got a fujitsubo powergetter, to me it's a touch too quiet, i was considering getting the spec 3, i've been youtubing the spec 3 and damn it sounds hot. What do you guys think? should i do the swap?

Yeah... they are calling it different things around the world. I guess it's BuddyClub's marketing attempt. LOL.

Don't downgrade from a Fuji, to a BC man. You'll hate it IMO. The jump in sound from fuji to BC spec 3 is rediculous, and Spec III is a habib cannon. If anything get a Spoon Axel back or something, and bolt it up to your Fuji B-pipe. It's the best way!

mlc
22-08-2008, 12:06 PM
lol true aye?
i mean the fuji is loud enough, jus on lower revs its pretty quiet.. u can hear the buddy club regardless.
but then i dont wanna b the one person singled out at the stop light, where everyone is staring at you coz your exhaust is insanely loud. since saying it's a habib canon, to come to think of it, it kinda is.. dat single comment just put me off the spec 3
lol

F.O.B Squad
22-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Pro Spec and Spec III i dont think are the same, i think there similar.
Spec III is a race spec compared to the Pro Spec the difference in sound or decibel is like 4-5db.

Other than that nothing major.

Correct me if im wrong but this is what gathered from the buddy club website.

kazam
22-08-2008, 07:23 PM
spec 2 is the loudest right? is it deep or tinny?

F.O.B Squad
22-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Yeah spec II is definitely the loudest, its deep on low revs but got a very high pitch when on higher revs especially with vtec engines.

kazam
22-08-2008, 08:09 PM
define high pitch a little more 4 me please

F.O.B Squad
22-08-2008, 09:54 PM
define high pitch a little more 4 me please

Well at the top of my head with a vtec engine i'd say close to a top japanese sports bike at prob 9-10k revs.
A mate of mine had it in on his EG5 and it was pretty loud then he got headers and it was apparently ridiculously too loud for him to drive daily so he took of the exhaust system.

Hope that helps ya.

VTECMACHINE
24-08-2008, 11:49 PM
lol true aye?
i mean the fuji is loud enough, jus on lower revs its pretty quiet.. u can hear the buddy club regardless.
but then i dont wanna b the one person singled out at the stop light, where everyone is staring at you coz your exhaust is insanely loud. since saying it's a habib canon, to come to think of it, it kinda is.. dat single comment just put me off the spec 3
lol

HAHAHAHA... exactly. It's a freaking habib cannon. Looks fugly IMHO.
Yeah, why have your car loud all the time. When you have hangovers, or driving to work/uni in the morning, you want your car to be as comfortable, and quiet as possible - and so you don't get defected. When you open it up, then you want it to be loud. That's where systems like Fuji, and J's racing come into play.

Stevo77
27-08-2008, 12:31 PM
yeah im kinda in the same boat. im looking for an exhaust for mine.. ive looked at some of the BCs they sound good but i dont really think itll be practical. im still trying to find something that is just deep and sounds good at low revs and gets pretty loud when opened up. i dont want to attract too much attention while just sitting there idoling lol. but i do want the attention when opening up.. ;)

VTECMACHINE
27-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Wow.. people get exhausts for attention!
Nubs.

mr.hieudangly
27-08-2008, 06:41 PM
haha
to be honest
i don't mind the attention :P

mlc
29-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Guys if you're still interested in buddy club exhausts, just found an online store
www.expressparts.com.au, who sell em.

TypeR Lover
01-09-2008, 12:25 AM
Dude if you want quite mufflers just get the 5Zigen Pro Spec JASMA apporved. Silent and got that titanium tip look 'cept its really inconnel.

F.O.B Squad
01-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Dude if you want quite mufflers just get the 5Zigen Pro Spec JASMA apporved. Silent and got that titanium tip look 'cept its really inconnel.

Quiet?? I thought those systems were as loud as the spoon exhaust when vtec?

TypeR Lover
05-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Quiet?? I thought those systems were as loud as the spoon exhaust when vtec?

Well its JASMA approved so it can't be that loud.

typerdevil
18-06-2009, 07:06 PM
hi i got an BC Pro Spec III catback on my DC2R, just wondering what the db rating is ? :confused:

mlc
18-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Try this link
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=258155

It doesn't have the exact db rating but definately gives you an idea of how loud it is.

kazam
18-06-2009, 11:08 PM
do u people actually search?

i typed buddyclub into google, went to the first link which was their australian website, clicked on "exhausts" chose your exhaust and bingo bango bongo

i got 96db at 4500 rpm

CRXDEL501
19-06-2009, 09:15 PM
do u people actually search?

i typed buddyclub into google, went to the first link which was their australian website, clicked on "exhausts" chose your exhaust and bingo bango bongo

i got 96db at 4500 rpm

i didnt even do that.
to the site.
saw the different exhausts
and they got tables.
gah!

davoh
20-06-2009, 06:25 AM
i got a spec 4 on my dc5, its a straight through with an extra noise silencing can ....not 2 noisy for normal driving but man....when vtec comes in.....its loud man..u can scare grannies and kids off the road..and u need headers for watever exhaust u get....otherwise....its no fun having vtec....

i think pro spec would be a better option....more popular choice??

crazyazn
20-06-2009, 11:44 AM
yeah i agree i got PRO Spec on my DC5R and its loud. When VTEC kicks in i wouldnt b surprised if pedestrians ears started bleeding.

Kazaf
21-06-2009, 07:26 PM
I have had this in my DC2R and it is quite loud.
Although people have different interpretations of 'loud'.

I liked the BuddyClub Pro Spec I had, gave a good tone when hitting past 5400rpm.

Just had it taken out of my car, miss it.

Would recommend it to anyone.

mnc
27-06-2009, 04:02 AM
I got pro spec on my dc2r and for every day driving especially at night without the silencer.... I think I wake up everyone I drive pass no joke. Stay away from this shit... Unless you wunna be a race car driver 24/7

sab0r
27-06-2009, 11:13 AM
I got pro spec on my dc2r and for every day driving especially at night without the silencer.... I think I wake up everyone I drive pass no joke. Stay away from this shit... Unless you wunna be a race car driver 24/7

Pro spec is way too loud, was going to get one on my old dc2R too

mlc
29-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Just got a pro spec installed on Saturday on my dc5r. After driving around with a fujitsubo powergetter for a few months I felt like it was a little too quiet for me.
After the installation of the pro spec, I just fell in love. The sound is exactly what I was after. It's a deep throaty sound in low revs and when you hit vtec it absolutely screams the way a type r should. Performance wise, the car definately feels more responsiive as well.
Simply don't regret this purchase at all. Don't know why I settled on a powergetter in the first place.

davoh
29-06-2009, 06:00 PM
nice.....i agree....no point having vtec if u cant let it scream!!!!