PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys would like opinions. im new =)

Juicedboi
09-05-2008, 07:13 PM
heyy

I know by posting this i might get some negative feedback cos im a younger person but i am in the market for buying my first car and i was considering the 2.3L Prelude Si 4th Gen. Im think its the H23A if im right. Anyway my main question that im wondering is will the prelude be a decent first car, low maintenance and pretty reliable but also i was considering a S13 Silvia sr20de which i know a bit more about and im just wondering will the prelude have a lil oomph in it? Or will it feel sluggish and slow?

Obviously the non vtec probably wont be stunning but will it be a nice responsive drive?

thanks again guys im just new to the prelude and havnt really learnt much about them, have been looking at silvias until now i just thought the prelude is a nicer looking car, looks more modern. Also will the repairs if needed cost alot.. knowing honda's in general do cos a bit more?

EKVTIR-T
09-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Build wise the Prelude creams the silvia easily.
Performance is about the same. ie; average.
Parts are cheaper for the s13 though,both replacement and performance wise.

Juicedboi
09-05-2008, 07:52 PM
yeah i have heard that the honda parts in general r quite expensive to buy. but as a car overall do u think it would be a good starter car on my red p's?

EKVTIR-T
09-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Hard to say.I know if you got the silvia you will be 100 times more likely to get hassled by police.S13 + P plate =cop magnet.Seriously
Just whichever you prefer I guess.Also fwd or rwd.
The only thing going for the silvia is cheaper parts,rwd and being able to swap in a better motor later.Like a SR or RB.

Juicedboi
09-05-2008, 08:14 PM
yeah im not worried bout the engine swapping. later on im gona get my old mans r33 gts-t once i get my blacks. but until then i want a decent powered non turbo with a modern sort of look. looking around 6-7k.

just wondering about that power diff between the silvias and hondas. im not a hoon but i would like the power to be there. also to modify a prelude will is cost a significant amount more than a nissan?

Joee
10-05-2008, 11:22 AM
G'day, S13 Vs Prelude :P

If possible VTI-R H22A 4WS

Alternativly if you have the money for an engine swap a "Type R"
Prelude S H22A NON-4WS

In terms of power the prelude will eat the nissan however parts can be expensive for the lude. Ive heard from alot of past and present nissan owners that interms of comfort there is no comparison. The prelude wins hands down every time. If you have anymore questions there is a whole forum of people willing to help you out.

In terms of Po-Po Magnet the ludes dont get much attention unless of course you have huge rims a loud exaust and a huge bodykit. Back to power for a second... With a Prelude "Type R" I/M/E and a tune it is possible to reach figures of 120FWKW which im pretty sure is alot more than the nissan. Besides lude is around 1200kg.

Juicedboi
10-05-2008, 04:53 PM
yeah the prob is since its my first car im looking round the 6500 mark so im considering the Si non vtec 2.3L. ive gota test drive some but yeah im just worried that performance wise its gona be sluggish and not responsive. Also i know im busting everybody's chops here lol but is there any understeer with the preludes?

T-onedc2
10-05-2008, 05:27 PM
..........Alternativly if you have the money for an engine swap a "Type R"
Prelude S H22A NON-4WS......

..........With a Prelude "Type R" I/M/E and a tune it is possible to reach figures of 120FWKW which im pretty sure is alot more than the nissan. Besides lude is around 1200kg.
Honda never made a Prelude Type R, a Type S though.

PaLo $oLdieR
11-05-2008, 12:33 AM
prelude is a good car on p'z IMO,
dsnt attract too mcuh attention, good looks
u can make em fly if u like

drsilliez
11-05-2008, 02:00 AM

With a Prelude "Type R" .

no such thing as type R....but there's the VTIR....

btw we're all here at www.preludeaustralia.com

but then again, we'll be bias and tell u to get the lude lol....

drsilliez
11-05-2008, 02:02 AM
Honda never made a Prelude Type R, a Type S though.

type S wasnt standard in australia, have to go to like japan or something (but there are a few imports around).....5th gen only came in si or vtir :)

Joee
11-05-2008, 10:32 AM
I am well aware that no type R was officially created....... Hence i have coined the term to refer to 4th Gen prelude S with a h22 conversion. :P

underground_racer
11-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Go the lude!!

Mr_will
11-05-2008, 02:55 PM
I am well aware that no type R was officially created....... Hence i have coined the term to refer to 4th Gen prelude S with a h22 conversion. :P

if 'type r' was going to be appropriate for any prelude, itd be with the h23a vtec swap, not the h22a, so either way youre still wrong.

Juicedboi
11-05-2008, 03:26 PM
lol enough with the type-r stuff :P

yeah i have gotten sum good feedback even on other forums about the preludes build quality and reliability. i think its the way im gona go for my first car

thanks guys

DC4Integra98
11-05-2008, 03:33 PM
lude would be a good choice if you don't want much attention (cops) in comparison to the s13. I was in the same situation however torn between teg and lude...

Mitchman
11-05-2008, 06:32 PM

If possible VTI-R H22A 4WS

Alternativly if you have the money for an engine swap a "Type R"
Prelude S H22A NON-4WS

In terms of power the prelude will eat the nissan however parts can be expensive for the lude. Ive heard from alot of past and present nissan owners that interms of comfort there is no comparison. The prelude wins hands down every time. If you have anymore questions there is a whole forum of people willing to help you out.

In terms of Po-Po Magnet the ludes dont get much attention unless of course you have huge rims a loud exaust and a huge bodykit. Back to power for a second... With a Prelude "Type R" I/M/E and a tune it is possible to reach figures of 120FWKW which im pretty sure is alot more than the nissan. Besides lude is around 1200kg.

please never say the words prelude and type R in the same sentence. the only thing that has ever said that are ebay stickers. why not just say A prelude with a h22 conversion... if your getting a gtst in a few years just settle for a high K's vtir 94-96. H23s are a bit meh but a vtir will make you hoon it hardcore if its your first car.. swhy i waited till i was over that stage b4 i bought mine lol

Juicedboi
11-05-2008, 10:18 PM
LoL yeah i was wondering wat was happenin with the type r thing.

is the engine in the 2.3L non vtec called a H23a? and if it is does that meant he vtec version is called something else? im confused wen it comes to the engine models.

Mitchman
12-05-2008, 12:10 AM
yes it is. To put it simply the only vtec engine you have available (PUTTING IT SIMPLY PEOPLE!-> AUDM) is the h22. H23 is non vtec and f22s are also non vtec Aus did not get a 2.3 vtec

JDMWhore
30-05-2008, 12:21 PM
yup its true honda never made a Type R prelude, but they did produce a type S.