PDA

View Full Version : Kaaza 1.5way LSD

INTEG
09-05-2008, 11:44 PM
hi guys i just install my lsd diff i just want to know wat the normal characteristic of it, what mine doing when im turning it makes clunking noises like CV are @$#@ and binding up at same time but when you accelerate when turning it not so bad anyone have same problem with these diff or what you can do to reduce the problem?

tank
10-05-2008, 12:04 AM
Have you broken-in the lsd by driving in 'figure-8's for 30 mins??

EKVTIR-T
10-05-2008, 12:06 AM
http://www.kaazusa.com/techHelp/tech_Help.htm

Breaking Procedure of new Kaaz LSD

All new Kaaz LSD needs to be broken-in to seat the clutch plates. Applying too much torque when the unit is new will cause damage to the clutch plates and may result in plates forming a angle fit. Once these plates form an angle fit, the LSD is unable to function at 100% efficiency. This will also result in more chattering noise under low speed turns. It is very IMPORTANT to perform the breaking procedure as described below.
http://www.kaazusa.com/images/tech/breaking.gif

Chattering Noise.

All clutch type LSD's make chattering noise under low speed turns. This is normal for these types of LSD. The reason for this chattering noise under low speed turns is that the clutch plates are rubbing against each other thus giving you the limited slip action. If the breaking procedure is completed according to the diagram above and proper maintenance of the LSD is performed, the chattering noise will gradually decrease after accumalating some miles.

Oil for Kaaz LSD

It is important to use 80W/90 GL-5 specification gear oil on Kaaz LSD. We highly recommend using our own Kaaz LSD fluid.

DO NOT USE SYNTHETIC BASE OIL ON KAAZ LSD. Kaaz LSD may not function smoothly.
Differential Oil Change

When one has a Kaaz LSD, it is important to do routine maintenance of LSD Oil. We recommend to change LSD oil every 5000 miles for daily driven and occassional track use vehicles. If the vehicle is full race,we recommend more frequent oil change.

By changing the LSD Oil , Kaaz LSD will give you a long life span. Take care of it just like your engine.

INTEG
10-05-2008, 12:13 AM
Is honda gen oil alright? were iam going find an area to do that? lol do it shopping centre see cops i am a gonna