PDA

View Full Version : Tein Mono Flex - Flex questions

tknova
10-05-2008, 07:05 AM
Hey guys,

I've been doing a some research and found that the coilovers i'm after are the 'Tein Flex' or Tein Mono Flex'

I'm really after these coilovers due the massive drop/ adjustment & this coilover seems to be the lowest set you can buy. (from what i've found)

I've noticed the Tein Flex has been discontinued, so my only option seems to be the Tein Mono Flex.

Does the mono flex coilover drop to the same height as the flex? and where's the cheapest place i can buy it from? Australia and offshore?

And how do people find this coilover? and does anybody else have any other opinions or any other coilover i should look at?

Also, pictures of euro's as lowest setting on different brand coilovers would be awesome!

Thanks heaps ! :)

joey99
10-05-2008, 08:30 AM
Proconcept in sydney sells them and the monos are highly recommended by alot of people who has had a ride in them and say they're one of the best and most comfortable.

raz05
10-05-2008, 10:21 AM
I have them on my euro, and i can say they are not the most comfortable.
Rein had some Tein Flex and set to the lowest setting on his euro
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82471&highlight=euro

EK Civic R
10-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Not sure how low the monoflex go..
But in ride comfort the monoflex is much better than the flex

tknova
10-05-2008, 01:51 PM
From what i've read the Tein's are definatly the go!! Thanks for all the input!

I did see Rein's review of how low the tein flex could go, I'm not after that low of a ride height, maybe 1-2 cm's higher... :)

I don't want to go out and buy a set of Tein Mono Flex and find out they don't go as low as the Tein Flex's

Elwood
10-05-2008, 02:14 PM
I just bought Monoflex for my dc2r.

I paid $1675 for the coilovers themselves, and then probably an extra $200 for shipping.

Go to perfectrun.com.au - good prices.

absolutR
10-05-2008, 04:40 PM
how r they on the car man? i was looking at one of the flex's too. how much different is the comfort level from stock to coils as well??

Elwood
10-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Ive ordered them, they havnt come yet.

Ill let you know though.

absolutR
10-05-2008, 05:15 PM
cheers man

tknova
10-05-2008, 08:21 PM
I just bought Monoflex for my dc2r.

I paid $1675 for the coilovers themselves, and then probably an extra $200 for shipping.

Go to perfectrun.com.au - good prices.

Will be good too see how you go? also give us an idea on the lowest drop you can go aswell :)

eG_YoDa
11-05-2008, 05:52 AM
i just got mine put into my EG
they are awesome
nice firm ride that doesnt send a jolt through you when u go over train tracks, bumpy roads etc

definitely worth the money IMO

Elwood
11-05-2008, 08:46 PM
i just got mine put into my EG
they are awesome
nice firm ride that doesnt send a jolt through you when u go over train tracks, bumpy roads etc

definitely worth the money IMO

Woo!

Didn't waste money :P

Elwood
19-05-2008, 11:57 PM
Just had the mono-flex's put on.

Fantastic.. Not too stiff (im at 12 clicks) - but i like mine pretty rough.

Very predictable cornering - Definitely recommend.

string
20-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Why would someone choose "Tien Mono Flex" for $1600+ when you can get a full set of Koni yellows with whatever springs you like for 2/3 of the price.

aaronng
20-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Why would someone choose "Tien Mono Flex" for $1600+ when you can get a full set of Koni yellows with whatever springs you like for 2/3 of the price.

I am guessing they want the height adjustability.

string
20-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Sorry I meant to say that includes height adjustability. Ground control have applications for many cars, and many shock choices.

Elwood
21-05-2008, 05:40 PM

What a stupid question.

Koni's are oil shocks, not Gas - so when they get hot they get softer, and they are pretty much OEM with a lame adjustment.

Please don't come into a thread like this and suggest alternatives like that, when he clearly wants to learn about the Mono Flex's.

string
21-05-2008, 05:59 PM
What a stupid answer.

What a stupid question.

Koni's are oil shocks, not Gas - so when they get hot they get softer, and they are pretty much OEM with a lame adjustment.

The thread author is after a low and smooth ride. If he was after track longevity i'm sure he would have mentioned it - Koni's going off for street use? Turn it up.

Please don't come into a thread like this and suggest alternatives like that, when he clearly wants to learn about the Mono Flex's.
Clearly...

and does anybody else have any other opinions or any other coilover i should look at?

How dare I answer one of his original requests.

Are you done trolling or are you just trying to justify your purchase now that i've made you think about a cheaper alternative?

Elwood
21-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Are you done trolling or are you just trying to justify your purchase now that i've made you think about a cheaper alternative?

Not that im thinking about an alternative - but when you walk into a thread asking WHY would ANYONE buy Mono-Flex for a price like that, think about who you may be offending.

aaronng
21-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Not that im thinking about an alternative - but when you walk into a thread asking WHY would ANYONE buy Mono-Flex for a price like that, think about who you may be offending.

It is his opinion and he is entitled to it. In my opinion, damper-wise, Koni yellow and Bilsteins are better than Tein dampers.
BTW, Mono-flex uses oil shocks as well.

string
21-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Stop projecting your own issues into my words. My initial comment was exactly that, a harmless comment. You chose to take offense instead of answering the question like an adult. If you get such bad buyers remorse that you take offense when someone doesn't describe your product in purely positive light then you need to make better buying decisions.

I did not slander Tein dampers as I have never used them - my question was directed at someone who had first or second hand experience with both. You have clearly never used a set of Koni Sports if you describe them as "OEM with a lame adjustment".

Koni Sports are a brilliant street, autocross and entry level track damper with proven results at a great price. Lifetime warranty for the original owner and can be rebuilt or revalved locally.

milkman
21-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Koni Yellows + Ground Control Cpoilover sleeves + Eibach Springs custom made to your specifications would offer the same features as a coilover, whilst allowing you to retain ride comfort and pick your spring rates.

I just bought a set 1.3k landed.

Elwood
22-05-2008, 12:07 AM
It is his opinion and he is entitled to it. In my opinion, damper-wise, Koni yellow and Bilsteins are better than Tein dampers.
BTW, Mono-flex uses oil shocks as well.

Mono-Flex use gas, not oil (to my knowledge).

The Mono features a mono gas tube that increases damper response time and increases the consistency of the performance once the dampers begins to heat up from aggressive driving.

*edit* However, i also found this..

Mono Tube Internal Design -
A Mono Tube internal design is utilized for increased oil capacity, improved heat dissipation, and larger valving. Other features of the Mono Tube design are quieter operation, and ability to use stiffer spring rates for racing applications.
Increased rigidity on strut type vehicles, in which an inverted coilover construction is utilized.

So now im confused.

I understand (and apologize) that i may have come across a bit strong, but maybe try and word your comments differently - as not to offend other members. I bought the TEIN and didn't look into Koni's, but im sure they have some good product.

That is all.

:)

tknova
22-05-2008, 06:35 AM
Sorry I meant to say that includes height adjustability. Ground control have applications for many cars, and many shock choices.

I'd definatly look into a Koni's

But, what is the lowest height adjustment on the koni's? as i am really after the lowerd stance.Cheers

Chr1s
22-05-2008, 11:57 PM
rofl @ koni being shit.

thanks for tidying that up before I did aaronng

aaronng
23-05-2008, 10:26 AM
I'd definatly look into a Koni's

But, what is the lowest height adjustment on the koni's? as i am really after the lowerd stance.Cheers

I don't think the Koni's would have height adjustability. You would have to do that by using a lowered spring. Hence the choice of most of us to go for noisy, clunky coilovers.

skunk2tony
31-05-2008, 01:39 AM
Get the Skunk2 Pro C coil overs... definately better then the mono flex's

eight
31-05-2008, 02:18 PM
how so?

ek4-guy
31-05-2008, 02:21 PM
woot woot i will have my monoflex in around 10 days

absolutR
31-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Mono-flex uses oil shocks as well.

lawl!

tknova
02-06-2008, 07:36 AM
woot woot i will have my monoflex in around 10 days

Lucky man! :)

Waiting for your results,

Would be cool if you could take a photo of your civic @ lowest ride height. :)