PDA

View Full Version : What to buy SiR-G? or VTiR and convert?

tseesinngwailo
10-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Hi All,

I have been about to change from my DA9 B16A to a 1996 VTiR Integra with a JDM front end, its a nice car, has good suspension and is very neat in the bodywork, but the negatives are possibly big,

first off, the ABS light is on, the owner says it started after the front conversion and handbrake on while driving or something? A lot of pedal pressure was needed to make it pull up, and i could not feel any ABS working, possibly big issues?

Both driveshafts are stuffed and will need replacing.

It's done 185,000Klms

and when driving, did not seem as fast as my DA9 B16A, is this possible seeing as the engine is 200cc's bigger?

Now, would I be better off getting a standard VTiR and then doing the conversion myself? as I can get a low K (88,000klms) halfcut from a Japanese DB8 Integra SiR-G complete with all panels, engine, box, struts and full rear suspension/hubs etc for $4500

Is the SiR-G more power than a stock VTiR but not as much as a Type R B18C?

Any help would be appreciated as I dont want to be blowing the cash in the wrong direction. It's either one of these 2 options or a Civic EK VtiR hatch...

Thanks

Chris

magicmike
10-05-2008, 05:14 PM
get the vtir with the front end conversion checked out by the nrma or something

if its all good and the price is right, then go for it

otherwise, do it yourself, it'll be more costly but at least you know whats being done

and yes the sir-g makes more power than the vtir only about 5-10kw more at the fly, so it'll be less power than the b18c7

FR33K
10-05-2008, 06:32 PM
and when driving, did not seem as fast as my DA9 B16A, is this possible seeing as the engine is 200cc's bigger?

you wont find much if any noticeable difference...they're both just as quick as eachother

lil_foy
10-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Regarding the engine, it will have more torque from the starting block. Hence it being the better engine.

Imo get what ever is easier for you, if you think the frnot end convo one will stuff you around dont get it.

Simple.

RiseOfBrutality
10-05-2008, 08:41 PM
With the handbreak light always being on, check the breaks
I had the same issue not long after I bought my VTI-R, got the front break pads and rotors changed and the light has never come back on since
Not sure if it was because he was mucking around with the break or what but it fixed it

OMG.JAI xD
10-05-2008, 09:43 PM
With the handbreak light always being on, check the breaks
I had the same issue not long after I bought my VTI-R, got the front break pads and rotors changed and the light has never come back on since
Not sure if it was because he was mucking around with the break or what but it fixed it

check brake resevoir too.
a sensor is put on the brake resevoir, and if your level is too low, a light comes on.
not sure if its connected to the abs or handbrake light but on all the euro cars i work on and the suzukis, theyre connected to the handbrake light.

and the light didnt come on for ya after you changed your rotors n pads is because you pushed the piston on the caliper bak in, sending the level back in the right place.
check your fluid levels regulary. preferably evry 2nd fuel fill up.
spend an extra 5 mins at the gas station and you can save yourself a couple of bux, spotting out a problem before it occurs.

=] have fun

tseesinngwailo
10-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the ideas guys, I am going to have another drive and see what i think from a second try, I was in a rush as I only had a lunch hour to check it out, I would love to do the SiR-G conversion as it would then be something I truly did myself, the ABS light worried me due to the fact it could be a number of things. Will be sure to get an NRMA or mechanic inspection. Cheers, Chris