PDA

View Full Version : Fog lights illegal?

novastorm
10-05-2008, 09:30 PM
I'm getting mixed answers here.

Are fog lights illegal to use on NSW roads?

Please enlighten me.

rayb3na_
10-05-2008, 09:50 PM
has been covered before search first?

baeshin
10-05-2008, 10:06 PM
u can have em .. jus as long as u only use em in a fog and not normal conditions

aaronng
10-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Yup, you can only use it in conditions where visibility is poor. So that includes fog and rain. Soon it will be universal throughout the states, unlike now where you can use foglights anytime in VIC but not in NSW.

kcokla
10-05-2008, 10:26 PM
in nsw, everyone uses them al the time anyway
annoying too sometimes

dahon
10-05-2008, 11:07 PM
just wondering.. what if its light rain? would that count to use your foggies?

aaronng
10-05-2008, 11:27 PM
in nsw, everyone uses them al the time anyway
annoying too sometimes
Yeah, there are cops that will stop ppl using fog lights and tell them off. I haven't heard of someone getting fined for it (yet!)

aaronng
10-05-2008, 11:27 PM
just wondering.. what if its light rain? would that count to use your foggies?
I am guessing only if your headlights are insufficient, which means that your headlights are not working/aimed properly and can be a defect if the cop didn't like this excuse.

AsH_
10-05-2008, 11:39 PM
i got pulled over for my foglights...

when i finished work at 3am both my headlights blew...

so i drove home with my parkers and foglights... so i could see better and so others could see me... even though no one really drives that late at night...

i got pulled over and the cop goes to me...

"so its a bit foggy tonight, huh?"

i was like "huh?"

he said he pulled me over coz my foglights were blinding him...

(melb)

i got jdm eg6 yellow foglights... not even that bright...

cbf telling the rest of the story...

the end...

sassy_fit_vtit
11-05-2008, 08:58 AM
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/rulesregulations/downloads/p13.pdf

Boban
11-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Yeah, there are cops that will stop ppl using fog lights and tell them off. I haven't heard of someone getting fined for it (yet!)

I've been told by one (and only one) officer that i can't use my foglights, so i switched the off while he was talking to me, and than he goes, but if you have them you HAVE to use them, i was like :confused:

you see so many cars on the road with them fitted, both oem and cheap aftermarket ones.

I've got a set of oem (style) ones on my eh9 and they're not that bright nor are they aimed that high. I mainly use them when i'm out in the middle of nowhere and need a bit of extra light, and ofcourse, they're always good for that 'wank' factor :p

joey99
11-05-2008, 07:26 PM
I was fined using them on my EG years ago so I never use them anymore except in heavy rain.

Nepolian
11-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Common sense goes here I think. Drive during the day and get pulled over and given a ticket for having your fog lights or driving lights, you asked for it I suppose.

Dark place or rain, dont think cops CBF either way.

I once had a mate who drove his rexy all the time with it on. Took him about 7 tickets to understand why he was getting them. Thick as!!!