PDA

View Full Version : Pictures with new rims and tyres for share

TypeG
10-09-2004, 10:55 PM
Link ( http://photos.yahoo.com/fitgas)

I got myself a set of Mugen forged 15'X7 s second hand from Z10 but they are in great condition. I ordered some G3 205/50 tyres for $170 a corner and finally get it fitted today. When the tyre ppl took the rims on their hand, he just hold it with 3 fingers and brought to other people as they and as well as myself surprised by how light they are. After installed into the car, i feel it is really sticky on road. I felt the car run more stable as b4 even on the straight road especially when cornering. Wet road wise, they perform very well also.
Sorry for the short review but after my shockers and springs come and install, I will give a longer review.
=) :thumbsup:

Toby
10-09-2004, 11:17 PM
The File You Are Looking For Is Inaccessible. :( I really wanna see the pics!!

TypeG
11-09-2004, 12:08 AM
link fixed

|N|
11-09-2004, 12:13 AM
how much did u get the rims for?

fried
11-09-2004, 12:14 AM
mad little pocket rocket mate!

TypeG
11-09-2004, 01:29 AM
$1450 landed

kuso
11-09-2004, 08:33 AM
Do you know how they compare to the stock alloys you get from the VTI-s version. I drive the VTI-s and was thinking of getting white alloys to replace the current silver ones. Most likely wanting 16". Should I keep the stock Honda rims or go for a different set? A friend suggested I get my stock rims painted / powder coated white instead of buying a new set.

What I want is somethign similar to this
http://www2.famille.ne.jp/~m-nemoto/myfit.html

I will be replacing my grille and the rims eventually. Most likely grille first at this point in time. IF anyone know any good places in Brisbane or other places in Australia that sells jazz grills then please private msg or email me.

TypeG
11-09-2004, 01:15 PM
I think u should get the stock one and get another aftermarket one as there is no point to get other bigger rims with $$$ on top from honda...... just my option
lol I never drive a jazz with stock alloy since mine is vti model but without any comparsion, my tyres should perform better than the one from honda i guess.

TypeG
11-09-2004, 01:16 PM
For grill, i think u can get mugen grill like the one in the pic. dun where u can get from try SRS

toE
11-09-2004, 01:18 PM
looks gd TypeG! :thumbsup:

rAySiR
11-09-2004, 01:20 PM
hey... ur jazz is lookin nice doodes.... :D

Lil_VTEC
11-09-2004, 02:02 PM
Do the rims from a Jazz fit on a civic??

Reason i ask is that i just bought some really nice rims for my lancer and they have the same pattern and fit the civic. If they fit on the jazz then i will be ordering these rims for my jazz indefinately :D

Actually, they look identical to yours typeG
http://www.mogwa.org/forum/phpBB2/download.php?id=945
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/504000-504999/504039_13.jpg

They cost me $229 a rim for 17x7
My tires cost $160 per tyre for 205/40/17 :D

TypeG
11-09-2004, 03:07 PM
that's are copies i assume..... I cant see any similar to my rims tho as i never saw a mugen rims look like this tho.

if u want a set of more JDM look rims, I have a set of SSR copies brand new in box. $850 and the look heaps nicer then that one coz SSR copies is so rare here. PLus they are light weight too. Smooth finish.

I am after performance nowadays, so i wont get any cheap tyres for my mugen rims.

petrovski
11-09-2004, 05:14 PM
what is the offset for the jazz? +35, +40, +43, +45?

and double checking the hole/p.c.d is 4x100?

Pete :)

Lil_VTEC
11-09-2004, 06:55 PM
Yeah they are copies.
The white ones of my rims in 15" look exactly like yours, Same style of spokes and dish etc. Mine look bit longer only due to being 17" and they are also lightweight.
I would have gotten mugen rims of these (MF 10's), but at $5g'z its more than i can afford.
Mugen MF 10's (http://www.kingmotorsports.com/product.asp?product=40)
These are the genuine ones in bronze
your mugens (http://www.kingmotorsports.com/product.asp?product=29)
original of mine but in silver (http://www.kingmotorsports.com/product.asp?product=30)

TypeG
11-09-2004, 07:05 PM
lol
buy my ssr in 17'
mugen copies everywhere and that's y i buy a real one or i will just install the ssr one coz it is really nice.
and it is import so u will stay sth different and look good.
if u interested, send me a PM

TypeG
11-09-2004, 07:07 PM
mine is forged rims and yrs is not as well tho
LOL
and u get what u pay for is what I learn from previous experience.
if u going to buy copies, y buy those u can see everywhere.

Lil_VTEC
11-09-2004, 07:15 PM
:confused: @ lol
I must have missed the joke somewhere??

The rims i have are actually quite rare here in WA (dunno bout where you are, then again im not there huh), and my car barely gets driven so to spend top dollar on a set of rims on a car that never gets driven seems quite pointless to me.
PS: laughin at someone buying copies cause they cant afford top $$ mugen rims isnt a good way to pitch the sale of your ssr rims..... just thought id let ya know :wave:

TypeG
11-09-2004, 07:50 PM
that's not my meaning. I never laugh at ppl buying copies but i just SUGGEST some people to buy a rims which is rare as I saw so much mf10 copies in melbourne which make me a bit sad as mugen copies is available in shop in melbourne. =(
Also u do not have to pay top $ for a real JDM rims as JDMyard can import some quality used parts like mine....

Lil_VTEC
11-09-2004, 07:54 PM
Ahh fair call :D
Sorry, i read it in a different way. :o
But yeah i see what your getting at now ;)

Jus-10
12-09-2004, 07:43 PM
Man how high is your car TypeG??? Gotta get that sussy on QUICK!

Pete, the PCD is 4x100. As for the offset, I wouldn't go to +45, but the others should be fine depending on the rim width. Say we are talking about a 7 inch wide rim, then the others 'should' be OK. +35 is the most aggressive and will be the hardest to fit. You will see on a lot of Jap wheel sites that they recommend +35 for certain rims, but make a note that there may be some issues with front clearance (ie scrubbing), which is basically why I'm going to have to raise mine a bit.

I have +35, but they will fill the guards out like crazy...

TypeG
12-09-2004, 07:48 PM
yes man
with my rims, it is just at the same level as the panel
so basically, 30-40mm lowering will be enough for me.
LOL Jus, I going to order spoon headers and kg/mm springs on Monday. Hope they can dress up asap coz my KYB shockers are now full of dust

wyl03
13-09-2004, 12:44 PM
i like the look of the rims - gives me an idea of how my car would look like with 15-inch rims. :D

hmm .. i find that the VTI-s's stock Honda 15-inch rims look good on the car w/o needing to lower the car!
would be interested to compare TypeG's car with a VTI-S side-by-side.

TypeG
13-09-2004, 01:15 PM
lol
the reason i dun get the vtis is for the money on top of a vtis, i can get the rims i want or the kits i want since vtis one are just lips and appear everywhere.
stock rims look okay but i dun like stock thing LOL
with stock rims MAY look lower than my car depends on what tyres they using to fill the gap up