PDA

View Full Version : civic eg foglight help

baeshin
11-05-2008, 10:14 PM
ok guys. i had foggies in my car for a while now but ive only hooked em up recently and they worked fine.. i didn really have instructions but i figured out a way

well my foggies turn on via a switch only wen the parkers are on.. cus of the way i conncetd em.

but now for some reason wen i turn the foggies on it blows the fuse .. which is a 10amp fuse.

is it because i wired it up to the parkers? cus i thought foggies are meant to be wired thru there. if they arent meant to be there then where does it go?

thanx .. any help wil be appreciated

nick_sixx
11-05-2008, 11:02 PM
try plugging them to the far right male spade connector above the fuses (accesories). i wired mine to that along with a tacho and volt meter and they work fine. otherwise check the grounding properly

Phuong1987
12-05-2008, 12:10 PM
yeh because you wired up with the parker. The 10 amp fuse can not handle that much load.
To solve your problem, try replacing the fuse with a 20amp or 30amp

NightKids
12-05-2008, 01:02 PM
OMG this reminds me of my electronics subject @ school

baeshin
12-05-2008, 06:01 PM
i was looking at other Diys on honda tech and others also wire it thru their parkers but via the fuse box

same fing

i fink its cus i grounded my switch and wen u open switch the ground interacts wif the power n blows fuse

wel neways i will try fix it tomorw