PDA

View Full Version : recaro into ek - problem with recline/slide

souperman
12-05-2008, 09:42 PM
ok, got sr3 recaros from dc2r, got ek9 rails.
before i put them in my ek.
here's my dilemma:

The latch on the back of both sides at shoulder level allows the seat to recline forward to let passengers into the back seat.
Now i was always under the impression that this same latch is meant to allow the seat to slide forward too (to make larger the path for passengers in/out of back seat).
is this correct?

if so, what's the mechanism that allows this to happen?
i can't see any system linking the latch that would allow the release of the 'teeth' that secure the seat from sliding forward/back.

any help would be much appreciated.

baeshin
12-05-2008, 10:10 PM
the latch at shoulder length lets unlocks it yeh so the seat can rock forward.

the thing that makes it slide is the rails itself.. nuffin to do wif the actualy recaro seat

i dun fink u even hav a problemt lol.. jus wak ur sexy seats in the car and enjoy em

mrwillz
12-05-2008, 10:12 PM
there should be a latch at the front of the recaro (where ur legs woiuld be positioned) to slide the seat forward (not the back rest)

tRipitaka
12-05-2008, 10:27 PM
the latch on the back of the seat only folds your seat forward.. it doesn't slide it forward..

rayb3na_
12-05-2008, 10:41 PM
^^^^ +1 its not like your standard seats you need to slide the seat forward with the rails not the seat.

VTECMACHINE
13-05-2008, 10:20 AM
the latch on the back of the seat only folds your seat forward.. it doesn't slide it forward..

:thumbsup:

souperman
13-05-2008, 12:11 PM
oh ok. thanks for the info everyone.

time to put them in =D

EDIT:
actually. just rethought...
so there is no lever to make the seat recline AND slide at the same time?

so in a dc2r and ctr. sliding and reclining can only be done using 2 separate levers?

rayb3na_
13-05-2008, 10:57 PM
pretty much.. wanna know the solution its quite easy.. dont drive people at the back.. causes inconveniances and damages to recaro side bolsters if they are careless.. plus no people in the back = better fuel economy lol

kn1ghtm4r3
13-05-2008, 11:02 PM
^ tite ass lolzz

rayb3na_
13-05-2008, 11:03 PM
ahaha not my fault dude! im poor =[

VTECMACHINE
14-05-2008, 11:15 AM
wanna know the solution its quite easy.. dont drive people at the back.. causes inconveniances and damages to recaro side bolsters if they are careless..

LOL orrrrr, you can just take the rear seats out. Then you don't have to take passengers, and the weight reduction makes car use less fuel. Win - Win!

souperman
14-05-2008, 04:18 PM
haha, good suggestion! lol

thanks for the info. i just confirmed with a friend with a dc2f. wil be putting in recaros today =D