PDA

View Full Version : lost keys replacement door,ignition locks.desperet help!!!

acz0190
14-05-2008, 12:39 AM
hi there,
i am a person that has a bad habit of leaving things around and losing things easily especially keys.i am facing a big dilema of having no access of getting into my car or starting it as iv lost my keys and spare keys.i was wondering if anyone could help me give me some advice of what to do.at this point as iv lost my spare keys and remotes i would have to replace all my locks and remotes.i was wondering if it is possible to just change the locks and keys and not have to change the oem alarm and imobiliser system?how much is a new set of locks and keys,remote gonna cost me?where could i source out a new set?i want to source around as my last resort would to talk to the dealers who will burn me nicely.any help will be much appreciated thanks.

dupac->
14-05-2008, 12:43 AM
don't go to the dealer to get your shit done.

find a reputable locksmith and im sure they can do it all.. edit: cheaper.

as for the immob system if they can trace the code of it.. im sure they can put it on ur new key, when they replace ur locks ignition barrel and shit..

but your probably not gonna get out of it cheap anyways

TRU32U
14-05-2008, 02:07 AM
depends on year and model...
immobliser standard, change locks and get ecu chipped to bypass the immo- theres a DIY here somewhere on the site in the section. (auto electrician can do it if ur not confident)
other alternative its to bend over and find the key and get it re-chipped and copied at a locksmith about 110bucks
from my memory it WAS 880 inc gst for new key set from honda.

acz0190
14-05-2008, 09:13 PM
880?man im furken screwed.

TRU32U
14-05-2008, 11:06 PM
ummmm yeah that was for the EK civic but dunno about the integra should b round the same

Lossehelin
14-05-2008, 11:52 PM
is it a type r? if you still have the red key take it back to honda to make a copy. but whatever u do DO NOT use the red key!

ECU-MAN
15-05-2008, 06:20 PM
I can program new oem honda keys into the immo for you without the red key if you need it done.

blank keys cost $50.

you wont have to pay $880 for the immo ecu and ket set

gach2
19-05-2008, 10:29 AM
im not sure if its 880
but the honda dealership (one in homebush)
wanted 50 dollars for just a key for dc2 integra, but they said id need to take the car to an autoelectrician to due to immoboliser.
in the end took the door lock of and took it to locksmith who made a key for 30 dollars and my mechanic fixed the immoboliser.

aaronng
19-05-2008, 11:59 AM
You need one of these. Cost you about $200 landed, but that is cheaper than having to get keys recut and programmed at the dealer. http://www.loc8tor.com/product_information.asp?pid=96&cid=18