PDA

View Full Version : Un-bolt of rear suspension for RB1

AusAccord
14-05-2008, 01:32 PM
do all plastic trims and 3rd row seats need to be removed order to un-bolt the nuts for rear suspension? can it be done by just un-clip the 3rd row cupholders on both side as understand thats two separate trims

quadrio
14-05-2008, 09:56 PM
the trim on the right hand side comes out completly pretty easy, but for the left hand side you can just pull it back enough to get to the two nuts, you dont have to remove the 3rd seat, the side trims just have clips which hold them in

evolution
14-05-2008, 10:00 PM
I believe just remove the top trim of the 2 sides. No need to remove 3rd seat row. That's what my mechanic told me anyway. Will need to feel for the bolts and remove a longer tool (dunno what it's called)

evolution
14-05-2008, 10:02 PM
the trim on the right hand side comes out completly pretty easy, but for the left hand side you can just pull it back enough to get to the two nuts, you dont have to remove the 3rd seat, the side trims just have clips which hold them in

Quadrio, did you do your spings at Wilkinsons? Thought I saw your ride on their website

AusAccord
14-05-2008, 10:22 PM
I believe just remove the top trim of the 2 sides. No need to remove 3rd seat row. That's what my mechanic told me anyway. Will need to feel for the bolts and remove a longer tool (dunno what it's called)

if can be accessed by removing top trims on both side, means that can be easy to change the stiffness for top mount adjustable coilover?

quadrio
14-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Quadrio, did you do your spings at Wilkinsons? Thought I saw your ride on their website

yes, thats where i work

evolution
15-05-2008, 12:26 AM
if can be accessed by removing top trims on both side, means that can be easy to change the stiffness for top mount adjustable coilover?

Not necessarily, may have something covering the adjustment knob but not the bolts. I'll have to clarify with my mechanic about that.

I vaguely remember asking him about rear adjustment as well and he said that it's covered by some metal plate. I asked if he could make a whole on the plate so that I can reach the knob myself. He said not advisable as it could let moisture into the car our generate wind sounds due to the hole or something along those lines.

evolution
15-05-2008, 12:31 AM
yes, thats where i work

Cool... I actually called up before to ask about suspension parts for my Odyssey. I'm suprised you only went for springs and not Koni shocks or Air bag suspension.

quadrio
15-05-2008, 01:14 AM
yeah koni dont actually list shocks for a odyssey, we have bagged a couple of odysseys at work, but with the tank and compressor etc, its just not pratical

evolution
15-05-2008, 01:35 AM
huh? I was quoted for Koni shocks.. anyway besides the point.. how many Odyssey's have you guys done b4? I've only seen 3 with modded suspension running around one black and one purple one(de-kitted and sold off already) and yours(from the forum of course)

quadrio
15-05-2008, 08:19 PM
we have done a black one, the purple one we did and then had to take the airbags out of it cause he was selling it, then mine, dont see many modded ones around, we are on the hunt now for someone who makes the short body shocks to suit the lowered odysseys, as i want to put some in mine

evolution
15-05-2008, 10:03 PM
That means that there are only currently 3 modded Odysseys in the whole of Perth?! That's sad... Good luck with the search, maybe if you guys can find the right combi then more prople might mod their Odysseys.

odyssey pete
16-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Hey guys, I am brand new to all things Honda and Odyssey's.
Evolution your ride is hot, just what I'm wanting to get mine looking like.
I notice that you, Quadrio and AKA NSX all have very sweet looking lowered rides....
What springs are you guys using and how is the clearance/ride comfort?

AusAccord
16-05-2008, 05:53 PM
ha, another happy ODC owner. welcome Pete!

evolution
17-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Hey guys, I am brand new to all things Honda and Odyssey's.
Evolution your ride is hot, just what I'm wanting to get mine looking like.
I notice that you, Quadrio and AKA NSX all have very sweet looking lowered rides....
What springs are you guys using and how is the clearance/ride comfort?

Thanks mate, I used to be on Tanabae NF210 lowering springs, but I've recently changed to Coilovers. I believe Quadrio is on custom made King springs and aka_NSX is on Tein springs

evolution
17-05-2008, 05:11 PM
ha, another happy ODC owner. welcome Pete!

AusAccord, I'm looking at getting the foggies for my ride, just wondering where you got yours? Was it from a dealer? and approx damage. Thanks

AusAccord
17-05-2008, 05:29 PM
got mine fm a friend in Japan. as i like the JDM light blue/yellow tint lens that matching the headlight. AUS version is the pure clear lens only. cost me abt $400 included postage (can't remember exactly).
try Yahoo Japan and may find a set cheap :)

evolution
17-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Thanks, but me no speak or read nippon, Yahoo Japan isn't extactly english friendly as well and from what I've seen, they usually don't post overseas.
Anyways thanks for the info, I'll see where else I can get those foggies.

baboo
17-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Evo,

let me know when you're going to get the foggies. I'm after a set too.
maybe can do a group buy? LOL

I priced the foggies here from honda parts

They are:
$544 for foggies
$120 for the cover ( with bodykit or without)
$85 for the indicator stalk

plus 10% GST on top.

so AusAccord's option is alot better than getting them here, plus them AusAccord's foggies are JDM yo!

quadrio
17-05-2008, 09:19 PM
has anyone got a pic of their foglights fitted, i want to get them for mine but the 08 front bumper looks different than the other models

AusAccord
17-05-2008, 09:28 PM
has anyone got a pic of their foglights fitted, i want to get them for mine but the 08 front bumper looks different than the other models

here is my 07 model foggies but bear in mind I have front lip installed. the cover at the front is different w/o front lip.

http://i14.tinypic.com/4zx3o0l.jpg

evolution
20-05-2008, 04:47 PM
got mine fm a friend in Japan. as i like the JDM light blue/yellow tint lens that matching the headlight. AUS version is the pure clear lens only. cost me abt $400 included postage (can't remember exactly).
try Yahoo Japan and may find a set cheap :)

Aus u have part no 4 ur foggies? Would the auto lights affect any thing?

AusAccord
20-05-2008, 05:05 PM
can't find the part nr atm and will see if i can locate it. my ODC is standard model w/o auto lights but as baboo mentioned, u have to buy the indicator stalk and replace the existing one because the inner ring is the foggies switch. if u buy it fm japan, make sure u get the stalk with auto light functions even i have no auto light. remember i have to give the VIN nr to Honda Japan before they sells the foggies to my friend.

AusAccord
20-05-2008, 08:53 PM
found it Evo but not sure if its correct even stated on warranty card and invoice, they are 08V38SFEF00 and 08V31SAA000E.

evolution
20-05-2008, 10:15 PM
You sure that's the numbers? what I got was 08V38SFE740A as the kit with blue lens for with the Front Under Spoiler. Is 08V31SAA000E the control stick with auto lights function?

My Honda dealer quoted 08V31SFE700D and E. Both for clear lens, E being the one with auto light

AusAccord
21-05-2008, 08:33 AM
as mentioned b4, that's the nr shown on warranty card and invoice fm Honda Dealer in Japan. not sure which one represent which as both of them are in Japanese. r yr Honda dealer in AUS or Japan? understand they r using different part nr. i can take a pic and email to u if u like, pm me yr email address then.
yeah, i have the auto lights control stick even w/o auto lights functions on my ODC.

check flwg link (at the bottom) to see Honda Japan has 3 different lens and covers:
http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/odyssey/osusume/modulo-for-odyssey.html

evolution
22-05-2008, 02:10 PM
I'm asking in Perth and Singapore... all giving different part numbers, very confusing.

PM you my e-mail

AusAccord
22-05-2008, 02:17 PM
got it and will send tonite if it can be clearly seen, o'wise will scan tomorrow. cheers

evolution
22-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Thanks

evolution
09-06-2008, 10:27 PM
got it and will send tonite if it can be clearly seen, o'wise will scan tomorrow. cheers

Aus u have the part number for the fog light control stick with the auto light?

AusAccord
10-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Evo, that's the part nr u translated base on my Japanese invoice "08V38SFEF00 is the control stick"

evolution
10-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Thought so as well, but the supplier informed me that 08V31 is the fog light itself and 08V38 is the fog light cover plus harness. So I was wondering when u got the parts did it come with the controller or did u get it seperately?

AusAccord
10-06-2008, 10:51 AM
in that case, really not sure then. I got 2 boxes altogether with the invoice list sent u before, foglight, foglight brackets, harness, control stick and installation instruction.

i remember Honda Japan request my Odyssey VIN nr and date of manufacturing via my friend in Japan before willing to sell the parts. They have to make sure the parts are correct between pre-facelift and facelift models due totally different foglight mounting and styles.

evolution
10-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks. Which box did the controller come in? Fog light or casing?

AusAccord
10-06-2008, 11:40 AM
sorry Evo, really can't remember as almost 1.5 yrs ago.

evolution
10-06-2008, 11:59 AM
No problems now deciding between 2nd hand clear lens set vs new blue lens set. Diff in price abt $140. What u think?

AusAccord
10-06-2008, 12:15 PM
AUD140?? its only JPY2,100 (abt AUD22) difference in Honda Japan website.
http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/odyssey/exterior/halogen-foglight.html

Honestly, I like blue tint foggies to match the headlight as same to my 92 EG in Canada before but u have to choose yr preference then.
http://i3.tinypic.com/3yyxhex.jpg

evolution
10-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Clear lens set is second hand. Blue lens is new. diff is in oz dollar after conversion

AusAccord
10-06-2008, 12:30 PM
would go for new if affordable no matter its clear or blue tint due little stone chips can easily crack the lens as may be not visible on an used one. also, make sure the used lens for current facelift model as ours. again, its all up to u mate.

quadrio
10-06-2008, 09:25 PM
where abouts are you getting them from EVOLUTION if you dont mind me asking

evolution
11-06-2008, 01:51 AM
Thanks Aus, after getting a better break down of the cost of the parts, looks like the 2nd hand set would not be as cheap as I had initially calculated, so I'm going ahead with the blue lens set.

quadrio - PMed you

Found a site that has all the part numbers for the Modulo accessories, some of you might find it useful when trying to ordering parts here (http://209.85.171.104/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.nst-auto.com/hnd/odyssey/index.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3D08V38%2BSFE%2BF00%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG) , the page is originally in Japanese, but if you search for it in google, the search engine can translate the page for you to semi-understandable language, like the link above

AusAccord
11-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Hi Evo, thanks for the link and definitely useful. Are they shipping parts to oversea? Have u got any contacts that can order the armrest console fm? looking for one as installing the center console for 2 din monitor soon and need more space. u can pm or email me pls.

evolution
11-06-2008, 03:45 PM
E-mail you tonight

frekila
29-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Not necessarily, may have something covering the adjustment knob but not the bolts. I'll have to clarify with my mechanic about that.

I vaguely remember asking him about rear adjustment as well and he said that it's covered by some metal plate. I asked if he could make a whole on the plate so that I can reach the knob myself. He said not advisable as it could let moisture into the car our generate wind sounds due to the hole or something along those lines.

I've actually got coilovers on mine, and they had to take the trim of the rear, because you can't get to the bolts if you don't take the trim off. I need to change my damper setting in the next 3 months and oh boy is that gonna be fun :(

AusAccord
29-07-2008, 07:18 PM
I've actually got coilovers on mine, and they had to take the trim of the rear, because you can't get to the bolts if you don't take the trim off. I need to change my damper setting in the next 3 months and oh boy is that gonna be fun :(

change the setting harder or softer? which brand u r using and what's the spring rate? hows the ride quality? want to know more as sourcing a set for mine at the moment, tks in advance

frekila
29-07-2008, 08:31 PM
change the setting harder or softer? which brand u r using and what's the spring rate? hows the ride quality? want to know more as sourcing a set for mine at the moment, tks in advance

I'm using Tein Super Wagon, pretty sure the spring rate is 10.0 Kgf/mm.
Ride quality you can definitely feel it harder than stock but its still very comfortable, at the moment the damper setting on mine is soft in infront and middle range in the rear, but i've raised the car again as I'm running on stock rims now, (waiting on the new rims ^_^ ).

I'm thinking of ordering custom springs from Tein for my coilovers because i'm thinking the spring rate isn't hard enough for Melbourne roads, i think it will be better if the spring rates were 12.0 Kgf/mm. After you lower your car you notice a great deal about road condition and how crap it is.

I believe the new Tein Super FLEX Wagon is now out, which is suppose to be better than the normal super wagon.

(http://www.tein.co.jp/e/products/super_flex_wagon.html)

Bought mine in 2006 for $1400/1500 AUD from an aftermarket importer here in Melbourne. (http://rmsmotorparts.com.au)

AusAccord
29-07-2008, 08:51 PM
tks mate n great info. Tein Super Wagon spring rate is 10k. have u heard Odyssey owners using Ohlins in AUS?

frekila
29-07-2008, 08:56 PM
No haven't heard, btw is Ohlins an american brand?

AusAccord
29-07-2008, 09:00 PM
i think its Sweden but the one for RB1 is made in Japan

frekila
29-07-2008, 09:10 PM
I C, in the not to distant future I'm thinking of putting Airrunner suspension :)
So i can do this with my ride :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CAJ2pDS3JYA

(http://www.airrunner.co.jp)

evolution
29-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Aus - frekila's site where he got his Tein's SW from got Ohlin's under the suspension section, might be worthwhile asking if can get yours. If not the Teins seem like a good price.

Frekila - your SW is very cheap man, the last time asked from Perth, it was $3k including EDFC and fitting, I think suspension alone was $2k... My coilovers now running at 15 front and rear, still comfortable on Perth roads, but I think will be too much on Melbourne roads especially with the tram lines.

frekila
29-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Aus - frekila's site where he got his Tein's SW from got Ohlin's under the suspension section, might be worthwhile asking if can get yours. If not the Teins seem like a good price.

Frekila - your SW is very cheap man, the last time asked from Perth, it was $3k including EDFC and fitting, I think suspension alone was $2k... My coilovers now running at 15 front and rear, still comfortable on Perth roads, but I think will be too much on Melbourne roads especially with the tram lines.

Well the tram lines aren't the problem really, the roads are actually very wavey now, even on the freeway/highway to Geelong is very uneven :(

I was thinking about harder springs so the wheels don't suddenly rebound up the wheel housing when you're not looking to careful on the road.

evolution
29-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Well the tram lines aren't the problem really, the roads are actually very wavey now, even on the freeway/highway to Geelong is very uneven :(

I was thinking about harder springs so the wheels don't suddenly rebound up the wheel housing when you're not looking to careful on the road.

Oh yah I did notice that when I drove on one of the freeways, the stupid road all the sudden dipped... bloody scary man and I was driving a normal car, can't imagine if it was lowered.

AusAccord
30-07-2008, 08:44 AM

i think its not entirely relate to the spring rate only if thats what u after (don't quote me as i'm not expert). its also relate to damper for controlling the rebound as absorb the force from springs. thats why i want to try 8k Ohlins DFV (options 10k) as some Odyssey owners in HKG claiming ride quality is better than stock, not bouncing but absorb comfortably. matching a set of sway bars is good for sprint driving.

frekila, as u already have adjustable dampers, how abt a set of 14k GT Wagon springs and u can adjust to yr best combination :D

AusAccord
30-07-2008, 08:45 AM

tks Evo, email sent last nite right the way, now waiting for reply. fingers crossed....

frekila
30-07-2008, 03:28 PM
i think its not entirely relate to the spring rate only if thats what u after (don't quote me as i'm not expert). its also relate to damper for controlling the rebound as absorb the force from springs. thats why i want to try 8k Ohlins DFV (options 10k) as some Odyssey owners in HKG claiming ride quality is better than stock, not bouncing but absorb comfortably. matching a set of sway bars is good for sprint driving.

frekila, as u already have adjustable dampers, how abt a set of 14k GT Wagon springs and u can adjust to yr best combination :D

Can it fit in a super wagon? and are you selling ? :)

AusAccord
30-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Can it fit in a super wagon? and are you selling ? :)

i wish i have a set of coilover :( not sure if GT springs on Wagon damper works or not as just an idea, u may have to check with suppliers or TEIN dealers.