PDA

View Full Version : Accord Euro Lux Tyres

brd_x
14-05-2008, 11:22 PM
I've had a bad run with tyres, one blew (thanks to the missus running a curb), and another got nailed (yes, literally).

So I'm trying to get a spare and at the 30,000km service......

Q1. Honda says Bridgestone have discontinued the tyres..... and i have to go with another brand. But they say that I must get 2 as I can't interchange just one tyre from another brand (even as a spare) and I must get 2 for safety........... I thought that as long as I get something with the same specs it's going to run on the car without issues. Is this true that for safety you can't get a tyre from a different brand with same specs? Where can I find it?

Q2. One of the tyres I changed (the nailed one) has done less than 5000km's, but the dealer says it's unroadworthy as the inside is wearing fast. So again, told me to buy 2 tyres. Bad alignment. I didn't think the tyres wore so fast.

Please save a noob by helping with these two questions.

aaronng
14-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Were the blown and nailed tyres both from the front or back? Or both from left or right? Or worse yet, one from front left and the other from rear right?

brd_x
15-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Were the blown and nailed tyres both from the front or back? Or both from left or right? Or worse yet, one from front left and the other from rear right?

one from front right got blown, one from rear left.... why is that bad ?

aaronng
15-05-2008, 10:30 PM
If they are worn too differently, then you can't really put them both in the rear and have to get 4 new tyres.