PDA

View Full Version : Squeeks up front on EG possible balljoints/bushing/tierod end??

EGB18CT
16-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Hi guys,

Recently i've developed a squeek on my front passenger side, thought it was my old coilovers but its not as i just changed them to a pretty hardcore race setup. Now my question is what could it be? - i was thinking it had something to do with either the steering rack/tie rods or ball joints etc...

When the suspension travels there is a squeel/squeeks over slight and large bumps, also when i turn the steering wheel it makes a slight squeel as well, it sounds like its coming from around/just above the wheel hub area but its hard to pinpoint as ive tried greasing and wd40 and the brake shield is not rubbing etc..

What could be gone (im running integra GSR trailing arms, subframe, swaybars etc the whole lot)???

:thumbsup:

Dr0olz
16-05-2008, 08:29 PM
could be your wheel bearing

blahZ
16-05-2008, 08:32 PM
wheel bearing is possible happened to my eg b4

what happens when you drive slow does it make noise??

EGB18CT
16-05-2008, 08:47 PM
im pretty sure its ok when i drive slow, its basically only on slow turns like turning into a car park, going over speed humps, its not the wheel bering i think cos it would be noisy when i drive which it isnt (although the exhaust is very loud and the isb is gone on the box so hard to tell but im 90% sure its not the wheel bearing) its something around either the steering rack, ball joint - upper or lower or the bushing somewhere although why would it be noisy if i turn the steering wheel while stationary???

sendok
16-05-2008, 10:45 PM
wheel bearing is possible happened to my eg b4

what happens when you drive slow does it make noise??

how about if we just move the car slowly, say from 0 km/h to around 5 km/h and it makes "NGGOOOKKKKK" sound ... is that what you mean? I'm really curious...:zip:

EGB18CT
17-05-2008, 07:48 PM
looks like its a wheel bearing... talked to my gf uncle about it and he also mentioned and explained it (basically the casing of the beraing is grinding) can this be diy job with like a hammer and punches etc or is a press required?

also im looking into changing the ball joints on the hub, can these be obtained through honda or aftermarket?

sendok
18-05-2008, 11:48 AM
yeah of course u can obtain them through honda, contact blk_shadow, he will know..

i need to get mine check up soon =.="

EGB18CT
18-05-2008, 12:04 PM
yeh looks like i mite just go into cbc bearings and get some from them, same shit without the honda price tag they sell all koyo and all them bearings so its all good, mite try source out some new ball joints and tie rod ends while im at it.

thanks guys!