View Full Version : DIY: Ways to "Re-vamp" your car

DvSnGuYeN
16-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk..

These are just a few ideas to help you "re-vamp" your car.. I did them, and now I'm just sharing it.. it may be ghetto to some, but that's the beauty of D.I.Y.. you do it YOUR way..

*Old looking windscreen wipers could be "re-vamped" by taking them off, give them a good wipe with alcohol, then spray them over with any colour of your choice.. in my case, I used satin black straight from a can..

*Old looking sideskirts and door moulds, my solution was to wipe them down with bug & tar remover, then alcohol, then I went over it a few times with shoe polish!.. the stuff that comes in a bottle with that little foam thing on the end for application..
I applied 2 coats, let it dry a little, wiped it down then applied another coat..

*As you noticed, my fuel hatch is also black.. yes, I also sprayed that because I thought it was "cool" to attach a sticker there.. few years later, beeyatch wouldn't come off, so I sanded it down, applied a few coats of satin black from a can then a few clear coats over the top..

*Changed my cluster lights to LED's.. used blue.. they're alot brighter when you're actually there.. it's not very bright in the picture! I used 1 T10 and 5 T5 inverted led's..

*Inside looking a little dull and boring?.. "Re-vamp" it up with some colour!!.. I've sprayed my vents, inside door trims and speaker covers.. I primed them with some Plastic Adhesion Primer, then gave it a few even coats of the colour of my choice.. I use to have blue, then Machinery Grey, and now it's finally black.. the paint I used is Vinyl Paint..
Blue:
NB: Disregard the drunk guy.. only picture I had with Blue in the car..

Machinery Grey:

Spraying it black:

*DIY black housing headlights and a lip also makes a deal of difference..

Well, that's all for now.. next things to go on the car are foglights and a civic type-R spoiler! These are just some of the simple things I wanted to share with you guys.. it's effortless and easy, and so not time consuming..:p

spacepants_fb
16-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Wow my old rims really do suit ur car! Nice write up D, good to see the car coming along! Now get some lowering springs dammit! lol! (get it before the foggies and the spoiler...trust me it will make a bigger difference looks wise).

DvSnGuYeN
16-05-2008, 02:45 PM
I've got springs.. they're on the back seat still in the box and packaging... LoL.. and yes, the rims look very nice.. thanks heaps dude!

spacepants_fb
16-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Can't wait to see the car finished Davo...consider getting a rear lip as well? :P

DvSnGuYeN
16-05-2008, 03:49 PM
too much hassle with a rear lip... coz then i gotta lower my exhaust a little to accomodate it... but i will consider it... might be worth it in the end!..

kcokla
16-05-2008, 04:38 PM
quick q about the wipers
i wanna be spraying mine soon
do i need to sand it?
the black paint has come off in some areas and its silver and partially black
sanding required and if so what kind of sand paper?
thanks

DvSnGuYeN
16-05-2008, 05:00 PM
i'm no expert, but i'd probably use wet sand paper as it's sorta fine... sand off all the old black stuff, then spray the new stuff over... personally, for me it was a spontaneous thing and i just took them off and applied a few coats.. looks pretty schmick!

Bludger
17-05-2008, 02:22 AM
this should be called, 'how to rice your ride'

Deano_EK
19-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Painting the wipers is a good idea, it was actually the first thing i did when i got my car cause they looked ****ed. But not really a fan of the blue paint in the interior.

rayb3na_
19-05-2008, 07:33 PM
rofl my driveway omg ahaha

hondavti25
19-05-2008, 08:48 PM
hey dude what did you use for the head lights? what you use to re seal them ?

DvSnGuYeN
20-05-2008, 02:18 PM
this should be called, 'how to rice your ride'

Well, everyone's titled to their own opinions.. may be ricey to some, but for me, i was just bored and decided to experiment..

Painting the wipers is a good idea, it was actually the first thing i did when i got my car cause they looked ****ed. But not really a fan of the blue paint in the interior.

Yeah, the blue did look kinda crap.. I just painted them black a few weeks back in black.. looks alright now.. like i said, was experimenting.. LoL

rofl my driveway omg ahaha

LoLz.. it's where dreams are made!..my driveway's for drinking.. yours is for DIY'ing!..

hey dude what did you use for the head lights? what you use to re seal them ?

I used just normal matt black from a can.. I only used 1 can, but it turned out ok.. sorta looks like a silvery black on my lights coz i ran out.. LoL.. and to seal the light, I used to normal bathroom type sealant and contact adhesive.. these 2 come in small tubes.. i got them from bunnings!.. they've also got this sealant for automotive which dries black.. could look cool..

panda[cRx]
22-05-2008, 05:28 PM
NB: Disregard the drunk guy.. only picture I had with Blue in the car..

rofl nice :thumbsup:

DvSnGuYeN
27-05-2008, 03:42 PM
LOLZ... and yes, it was me..*hangs head in shame*

shibbii
02-06-2008, 10:43 PM
did the repainting of the wipers on the weekend did wonders for my ones which had turned silver ! while i was at it i changed the wiper blades.they actually clear the water off now haha =D

DvSnGuYeN
03-06-2008, 12:50 PM
with the rubber wiper squeedgee type bits... a new one always works wonders!... LoL..

Raztaz
23-06-2008, 09:11 PM
sorry for thread revival, but how do you take the wipers of? Mine are turning silver here n there and i want spray it all back to black :)

DvSnGuYeN
25-06-2008, 10:36 PM
lol... revival...

this is how i did it.. opened the bonnet, at the end of the wipers, there should be a bolt.. undo it using a size 14 socket wrench or an adjustable spanner.. once it's off, sorta try and wiggle that wiper blade off.. don't be shy to be forceful.. and it should just pop off... hope that helps!..

you need a "how to" on putting it back on? lol...