PDA

View Full Version : Are there problems with my Civic

mkefalia
16-05-2008, 01:37 PM
I picked up my new FD2 Civic Sport last Monday with only 75km on the clock. Since then I have been driving nicely, not thrashing it or anything, basically just riding it nice for the first 1000km. I will admit that once or twice I have given it a little, say to 4000revs just to feel it pull a bit.
I noticed late last week and early this week, that during my driving, the automatic shifting would be a little jumpy. I passed this off as it dis-continued and thought nothing of it.
Lately though over the last two days I have noticed that there might be a bit of lag in the car. The other day I was travelling 90km on an 80km and didn't even realise it cause it felt as though I was only going 60km.
I remember in teh first few days that I had the car, if i accelerated or pushed on the accelerator the car would respond immediantly and lurch forward which i loved, now though i push and there is no more "pull feeling" and there is a lag before the car decides to rev hard and accelerates.
Does anyone else experience this? The car has only done about 600+ km.
I'm just wondering if there might be something I should check on my car like the intake manifold or my air intake or is it just that i'm getting used to my car and its all in my head?

Sherweeeny
16-05-2008, 06:02 PM
it should lag a split second then kinda jolt. might be something wrong with ur drive by wire electrics? just pop it by the dealership and explain it to them, they might be aware of a common problem like this.

orrrr maybe its just a mental thing?

anywho, good luck figuring it out!

OMG.JAI xD
16-05-2008, 06:19 PM
its called "manual"

autos are too much of a luxury item.
remember that in auto, basically 90% of the basic driving is controlled.
it decides for you. if u wanna get that pull .. just pedal to the metal all the time.
or .. trade in n get a manual =]

auto is so boring :/ even with tip tronic...only car id drive with trip tronic is the gtr or evo 10. which is not auto..and shudnt really call it trip tronic .. but yeh.

mkefalia
16-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Thanks guys for your reply's.
I got the auto cause if my misses ever needs to drive the car she doesn't know how to drive manual so it makes unpractical.
There is a split second delay but I have also noticed a noise coming from the engine bay when i push on the pedal. It sounds like a woosh like air drag. At first I thought it was the sound of the air being sucked in by the intake system but i had never noticed it at the start. The car was always so quiet. I think it might just be the air intake but..ahhh i don't know what else could it be? I think it there might be something wrong with the air intake. I might have to look at it tomorrow morning I think.

OMG.JAI xD
16-05-2008, 08:06 PM
could have an air leak/ vacuum leak.
go to your dealer n tell em wat you hear.
they shud find it.

unless thats wen your idling on neutral or park and you push the pedal.
then yes it is the intake sound.
its just the throtlle butterfly opening suddenly and closing again.

its what happens wen you get a new car.
you start noticing things. lol
get an older car and you think its normal .. until it goes bang =]

LD_Mart
16-05-2008, 08:19 PM
another thing is you are driving a family built car not a sports car...
its not going to be that responsive cause its not built to be quick...

mkefalia
17-05-2008, 01:26 AM
I think its all in my head. Maybe what i'm looking for will come when I get my air intake and cat-back exhaust done ;)

gerard
17-05-2008, 12:13 PM
probably solve your 'problem' if you have the chance to drive another stock sport to compare

mkefalia
17-05-2008, 06:25 PM
Yeah the car seems to be running fine today. All me I think ;)

ryanc
18-05-2008, 11:33 AM
i think its common... so no need to wrry
i kno what u mean i have had it happen to me a few times too..

oniononline
18-05-2008, 01:09 PM
I've got a manual FD Civic, same problem, lags like 1 sec behind, however, occasionally, my car somehow does perform more powerful and more responsive, it is very strange.

For example, the second gear is most significant on this issue(all on flat surface, same RPM), sometimes if I release the accelerator, say 30km/h the car suddenly knock and slow down very quickly. However, some other time, same condition, 30km/h flat surface, the car rolls very smoothly after accelerator is removed. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

By the way, I had it since Dec 2006, so it is not my head or imagination.

warwick108
18-05-2008, 07:08 PM
i think its the computer.. its remembering your driving style?

cracker
20-05-2008, 07:22 PM
i drive peak hour thru harbour tunnel + eastern distrubutor forward and back...and i'd hate to have a manual in that situation...dsg ftw...hope honda gets that stuff soon

mkefalia
20-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Yeah I have the auto, awesome I love it

Sherweeeny
22-05-2008, 12:16 AM
its just a combination of small capacity engine, drive-by-wire, and as onion was saying... incline of road hahaha!

at least after the lag, its a bit of an instantaneous hit! usually drive by wire is incorporated with all the safety aids, but my stoopid civic hasnt got any? just ABS... good job honda. not.

unity
21-06-2008, 01:34 PM
I've got a manual FD Civic, same problem, lags like 1 sec behind, however, occasionally, my car somehow does perform more powerful and more responsive, it is very strange.

For example, the second gear is most significant on this issue(all on flat surface, same RPM), sometimes if I release the accelerator, say 30km/h the car suddenly knock and slow down very quickly. However, some other time, same condition, 30km/h flat surface, the car rolls very smoothly after accelerator is removed. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Yes, i notice that sometimes, but it is usually when going up and down hills.

uwants
21-06-2008, 03:43 PM

I have the same problem as well, first i though it was only my car. However two of my frd who drove civic (manuel) have this issue .First gear to second gear u do feel like it is lagged and lack of power (flat surface). It is more noticable when u up or down slope.
PS: i got my car on early april this year