PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust

WIL70S
16-05-2008, 04:44 PM
what will catback exhausts sound like on an auto euro??
drony?
will it make a difference if you drive in tiptronics rather than drive?
anyone here have vids of auto euros with exhausts on them?

EuroAccord13
16-05-2008, 05:27 PM
The drone in the cabin is based on what sort of exhaust you buy, for example, if the exhaust you buy has minimal packing or resonators, it will drone irregardless of the car being manual or auto.
As for the sound, there is negligible differences if nothing between auto and manual, what I can say is, you will have less back firing noise....
Search Youtube for TSX or Accord Euro Exhaust, I remember some of the videos had Auto Euros with exhaust.

WIL70S
16-05-2008, 05:38 PM
what about the fujitsubo catback? will that have that drony noise?

and sorry, whats back firing noise?

thanks heaps euroaccord13

akina
16-05-2008, 08:18 PM
no u will get zero drone from inside the car.
the only time u will hear the drone is when u are standing right behind the car at the boot.

back firing noise is when u hear BOP BOP BOP in the exhaust when changed gears. i didnt get any of that when i had the fuji, but now with the buddyclub... all the time.

WIL70S
16-05-2008, 09:27 PM
ohhhh thats good then right? less back firing noise?

will there be droning when the car is on idle??

is your car auto as well akina?

akina
16-05-2008, 09:31 PM
no droning when car is idle at all, no noise what so ever. only time when u do hear something is when u start the car up cold and 3000rpm+.

yup its auto. but auto or manual, the noise level will be the same given the same engine/headers/cat.

honki3rider
16-05-2008, 09:42 PM
alex, post up a video of your BC exhaust.
im sure people want to hear it:p

akina
16-05-2008, 10:04 PM
haha if the cruise goes ahead, then ull be able to see/hear :D

pumped has a vid on youtube :p hehe

Euro08Jaz
17-05-2008, 03:02 AM
Would a louder exhaust system necessarily mean more power?

r-r-redEuro
17-05-2008, 04:51 PM
no, it doesnt.

i think it depends on the diameter of the piping for the exhaust, i assume (correct me if im wrong) but cannon style muffler is less restrictive then muffler style exhaust which can give better free air flow and noise. For example the mugen exhaust is pretty much the best exhaust you can get but thats going baller like $2.4G.

The mugen exhaust is a cannon style exhaust its 3" i think not too sure but its probably the most closest to stock exhaust you can get.
My mate has one on his purple euro and he has headers + intake. and its ABSOLUTE quiet.

EuroAccord13
17-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Whats back firing noise?

thanks heaps euroaccord13

A back fire is mainly caused by A/F ratio mixture (above many other variables). It is more evident in manual cars as a back fire normally occurs when the accelerator is let off to shift into another gear, during this time, there is insufficient air to mix and hence an incomplete combustion which will cause it to explode in the exhaust system with a Praap/Pop sound. With an auto, it is less evident as the accelerator is on while the gear is being changed.