PDA

View Full Version : Will a USASPEC PA11 Hon2y ipod interface work in a 2008 Odyssey?

odyssey pete
16-05-2008, 07:55 PM
I have emailed USA SPEC and they think it will most probably work but as they have a completely different model over there and tell me they haven't tested the unit in our model.
I am interested if anyone has installed one just to make sure?

ppduck
17-05-2008, 12:03 AM
hi odyssey pete,

i got the NEocaraudio installed on my ody08, it is quite good, you can use the audio buttons on the wheel to control the ipod songs and volume, and it is quite good.

cheers,

ppduck

evolution
17-05-2008, 01:07 PM
ppduck, did you loose your CD changer functions after anstalling the Ipod controller? There are a few other controllers in the market, and most of them need to use your CD changer plug.

ppduck
17-05-2008, 04:44 PM
hi evolution,

the cd charger function is still usable after installing the ipod adaptor, so which is very good in this case. i realised some of the adaptors requiring to replace the cd-changer plug, and you will lose the cd-changer after installed your ipod adaptor. but this one, perfectly compatible and still be able to use your cd-changer after installed. worth considering....
www.neocaraudios.com
enjoy...

ppduck

evolution
17-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Thanks ppduck...problem is.. I don't have an iPod ... lol... looking for a USB controller that does not loose the CD changer

ppduck
17-05-2008, 10:53 PM
oic.... then i don't know..... but i believe there should be similar device to have the usb output without losing the cd-changer... keep trying....

ppduck

odyssey pete
20-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Hey ppduck, was that installed by the car kit company?
That was the unit they quoted me they use.
I installed a USA Spec in my old car myself and it was rock solid plus it has the RCA inputs for other devices.. I'm thinking of getting the USA spec form the states (great aussie dollar) as everything I read says the Honda factory units have the same inputs on the back. I'm also thinking a Parrot 3200bluetooth and getting them to install the lot as I'm a bit lost how to get to the stereo on the Odyssey...
Any ideas anyone?

ppduck
20-05-2008, 07:12 PM
hi pete,

you seems to have the same idea as i do...
i have the ipod adaptor installed on my odyssey as well as the Parrot 3200bluetooth system. they both working fine and i like it.
both are installed by honda dealership when i bought my car 3 weeks ago.

ppduck

odyssey pete
18-08-2008, 08:17 PM
This may not rate high on the Odyssey wish list but:
I bought a USASPEC PA11 Hon2y on line from www.enfig.com and it took less than 7 days to get here.
Once I worked out that the main stereo unit is in fact a box mounted above the in-dash CD player I had it installed in no time.
You will need an 8mm socket with an 100mm extension to get to the 6 bolts you will need to work on.
Firstly get the glove box out of your way by opening it, squeeze the top sides and it will drop completely down, then undo the two bolts at the rear and put it aside.
Remove the round bungs either side of the lower central dash cover. This cover panel takes a bit of tender pulling but if you work around the whole panel it will come. Don't yank at it as it will only come about 80mm away from the dash as there are quite a few switches attached.
You will see the four screws around the front of the cd player bracket, remove these and slide the unit out. There is a spare slot at the back, plug in the supplied cable, work out where you want your interface box, plug in the black ipod connection wire, test it all works then put it all back the way you found it!!
It's a really simple thing to install once you know where the bloody stereo unit is!!