View Full Version : IVtec or Vtec

TypeG
12-09-2004, 05:07 PM
Just wonder if Jazz an IVtec or Vtec?
coz I have been told VAFC1 cant be used in iVtec

ATSE
12-09-2004, 05:47 PM
SOHC VTEC.. not I-Vtec.. So yes u can used VAFC1

VAFC 2 can be used for both i-vtec/vtec, and has more tuning points (smaller increments).

But VAFC's are rubbish, especialy if you have OBDII, cause your settings will be overwritten by the ECU when it "learns" your driving habits. Example if you lean out your A/F mixture, the ECU will just make it rich again.

TypeG
12-09-2004, 07:01 PM
lol
it is okay for tuning if u have mod in yr car b4 that.

kuso
13-09-2004, 12:09 AM
What is the difference between i-Vtec and Vtec. Any websites that explain these in a concise and comprehendable manner?

Tofu
13-09-2004, 05:47 PM
does it have the Jazz wiring diagram in the VAFC2 instruction manual?

Rowie
13-09-2004, 06:22 PM
What is the difference between i-Vtec and Vtec. Any websites that explain these in a concise and comprehendable manner?

"Simply put, i-VTEC combines VTEC - or Variable Valve Timing and Electronic lift Control - with Variable Timing Control (VTC), controlling phasing of the inlet camshaft. The result is more efficient combustion and exhaust gas recirculation, higher torque and linear engine performance throughout the rev range."

source: webwombat.com.au

TypeG
13-09-2004, 08:45 PM
anyone can confirm VAFC1 will fit Jazz?
coz i dunno if i should sell it or not

Lil_VTEC
13-09-2004, 09:49 PM
I was told today at a workshop that vfac 1 does work and is being run on a jazz here in perth fine.

TypeG
14-09-2004, 12:02 AM
oh can u get access on the diagram for install vafc1 for jazz?

spoondc2
17-09-2004, 02:30 PM
Do you notice the wiring of VAFC to ECU? the O2 Sensor reads the signal and send to the ecu to calculate the fuel, and then the ecu give data to give power, the vafc changes the data after the ecu calculate the data not before so OBDI or II won't be a matter, the ecu won't know the existence of VAFC

QUOTE=ATSE]SOHC VTEC.. not I-Vtec.. So yes u can used VAFC1

VAFC 2 can be used for both i-vtec/vtec, and has more tuning points (smaller increments).

But VAFC's are rubbish, especialy if you have OBDII, cause your settings will be overwritten by the ECU when it "learns" your driving habits. Example if you lean out your A/F mixture, the ECU will just make it rich again.[/QUOTE]