PDA

View Full Version : Squeek sound from my steering column?

gxiang
17-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Hi all

not exactly sure what is it, when when i turn my steering wheel (i think only happens on left turns, i could be wrong) there is a squeeking noise somewhere coming from the front of the car. (similiar to when you open a ungreases door)

I dont see any leaks from the powersterring etc.

when moving the steering wheel with the car off, there is a slight knocking noise if you turn the wheel left to right real fast

car is a dc5

any ideas?

ATSE
18-05-2008, 06:17 PM
My friends EU has the exact same problem as you, but he hasn't diagnosed the problem yet. It makes a squeaking sound, when you move the steering wheel slightly. As honda's these days have electronic steering, it is very hard to diagnose.

He is taking it to honda soon to check it out, so if I hear anything.. ill let you know.

Joel The Mole
18-05-2008, 06:36 PM
sounds liek a clock spring. or maybe jsut some trims rubbing together

clem
04-05-2010, 02:10 PM
My friends EU has the exact same problem as you, but he hasn't diagnosed the problem yet. It makes a squeaking sound, when you move the steering wheel slightly. As honda's these days have electronic steering, it is very hard to diagnose.

He is taking it to honda soon to check it out, so if I hear anything.. ill let you know.

Hey, just reviving an old thread here, But I own an EU and I have the exact problem. When I turn the steering slowly, when the steering is approaching maximum left and right I get squeaking noise. Has your friend diagnosed this problem? It is electronic power steering as well.

Cheers.

quangsuke
05-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Hey, just reviving an old thread here, But I own an EU and I have the exact problem. When I turn the steering slowly, when the steering is approaching maximum left and right I get squeaking noise. Has your friend diagnosed this problem? It is electronic power steering as well.

Cheers.

if its a squeaking noise then its your drive shafts of steering rack boots have split.
one way to check is to jack up the front of your car and take off your tires and u should be able to check.