PDA

View Full Version : antenna switch

imminent_
12-09-2004, 06:59 PM
hi guys

did my first electronic-y mod to the car - installed a switch so i now have control over my antenna. I.e. not having it up when i'm listening to a CD (and thus having it not look like a remote-controlled car)

It seems everyone on team-integra has done this, but not many on these forums. Anyway, it was very very easy - just pulled out the head unit, soldered a wire to my own on-off switch and chucked it all back in.

Can post pics if anyones interested.

Stabo
12-09-2004, 07:04 PM
definately put pics up man!

I was just thinking how anoying it is to have the antenna go up and down all the time when im just using the CD player :D

toE
12-09-2004, 07:34 PM
do a write up with pic, if possible, and post it up in the DIY forums. ;)

monstaR
12-09-2004, 08:17 PM
I will be quite interested to do this as well, please do a write up on this with pics please..... :thumbsup:

lerroy
12-09-2004, 09:10 PM
are you guys still using the standard head unit or am i missing something
my headunit puts the antenna down when im not on the radio theres a green and yellow cable that controls it

anyways

FR33K
12-09-2004, 10:23 PM
are you guys still using the standard head unit or am i missing something
my headunit puts the antenna down when im not on the radio theres a green and yellow cable that controls it

anyways

thats wat i was thinking ???
my antenna only goes up when the radio is on... and my car is 8 years older lol

imminent_
12-09-2004, 11:00 PM
depends on what you have - from my understanding, most aftermarket head units will result in an antenna going up and down regardless of whether you're playing a cd or listening to the radio. For integras, that is.

The pioneer heads use a blue and white cable.. hence why i spent ages looking for an illusive green/yellow cable which wasn't there.

will post in articles section then

------
EDIT
------

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=122067#post122067

joyride
13-09-2004, 02:10 AM
i d/c the antannae completely from my accord. only cd's can be played.
i'll have a look at that article as my brother wants the radio aswell.

nipnip
14-09-2004, 12:02 AM
wow! thats so cool, please post in DIY forums! its damn annoying wheneva i start up the car the antennae goes up for no reason!

Da1nONLY
15-09-2004, 11:48 AM
and it gets even more annoying when your antenna gets caught as well..
for e.g going into a car park where there is a restriction in height. Most of the time i dont take notice of these things and just drive right through it. nasty sound.

FANATK
15-09-2004, 09:06 PM
depends on your head unit, factory ones allow the antenna to go down when on cd's, had a kenwood in my teg and lude b4 and in went down with cd's, the pioneer unit doesnt have that function - so it stays up

Da1nONLY
16-09-2004, 02:25 AM
yeah stupid poineers!!! =P
oh wells.....
oh clarion doesnt have it either..
well the old one anyways.

Javed
16-09-2004, 10:38 AM
my clarion dxz -715 puts it down when playing anything other than the radio.

enoch
16-09-2004, 11:02 PM
man my attenna is screwed...
its fully bent and when it goes down it makes this horrible sound...
can i change it? can it be fixe?D
what can i do?