PDA

View Full Version : Will upsizing my rims from 16 to 17" affect VSA?

lozzaeuro
18-05-2008, 10:06 PM
I was wondering whether getting bigger 17" luxury wheels fitted on my std euro (manufactured in 07) can cause the vehicle stability assist to malfunction. Also will it cause the tire to rub when steering is fully locked. Any other known problem's?? :confused:

thanks

CB7_OWNER
18-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Should have done a search first using our forum search feature... but answering your question.. im pretty definite it will not muck wif your VSA.... and the tire will not rub when steering is full loock.... 17" is nothing... people run as big as 20"+ on euros ( of course with some rubbing)... but 17" is very safe and fine.. just keep in mind offset.. and tyre width..

Crapdaz
18-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Should have researched first on the car itself, as luxury euro comes with 17", STD = 16" VSA is compatible anyhow as it controls your understeer/oversteer lines.traction whilst driving.

If Honda were to release a car with 17" wheels that rubs when full lock then that would be bad engineering.

Only thing is the speedo might be slightly different due to bigger rolling diameter, but there is a couple of km to play with before you are either running slower or faster.

Hope this helps.

EuroDude
18-05-2008, 11:59 PM
The rolling diameter is like 0.37% different and wont have any affect on anything. 17" (stock size) is perfectly fine. When you go 19" or 20", thats when you need to worry lol

lozzaeuro
19-05-2008, 05:26 PM
yeh thanks alot guys. im new to these forums so sorry about not using the search feature.

Crapdaz
19-05-2008, 06:51 PM
The rolling diameter is like 0.37% different and wont have any affect on anything. 17" (stock size) is perfectly fine. When you go 19" or 20", thats when you need to worry lol

yeh i stated slightly.