PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Mirrors

CER-15E
19-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Hi guys and girls,
I've got some chrome electric mirrors I want to get put onto my coupe but have no idea where i can go to get this done? Any suggestions?

EK1.6LCIV
19-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Panel beaters can do it, you can do it yourself, as it's fairly straight forward.

Remove the plastic on the inside of the door where the mirror is located, unplug the harness that controls the mirror and move remove the screws retaining it (whilst holding the other side as it can fall on the floor otherwise, lol) other wise if you're not too keen just head to a panel beaters and they'll do and prob charge you $10...

rawr
19-05-2008, 12:50 PM
^^

Don't forget his aftermarket mirrors might not use the same harness...

but apart from that it's as straight forward as that.

edit: if it doesn't use the same harness then you'll need to cut the wires and hook up your original wires with the new harness

CER-15E
19-05-2008, 01:19 PM
ok thanks a lot. I'll ask my boyfriend to do it. if not ill head to the panel beaters.

CER-15E
19-05-2008, 01:26 PM
i just remembered it says something bout drilling a small hole or something??

EK1.6LCIV
19-05-2008, 05:10 PM
are u able to scan or put up a model number, if they're direct aftermarket replacements, they should simply slot straight in. No need for any holes unless they are like some kind of F1 style mirror which I used to see in the states

CER-15E
19-05-2008, 05:37 PM
are u able to scan or put up a model number, if they're direct aftermarket replacements, they should simply slot straight in. No need for any holes unless they are like some kind of F1 style mirror which I used to see in the states

i read the instructions and it doesnt say anything bout drilling (it said that on the websiite when i got them - that i may have to ) i got them from ebay last year for my gli but didnt put em on cos m car got hail damaged. they should still fit.
The kit just comes with the mirrors and wires attached and the black triangles.. it just has screws to hold them to the car.. do you want me to take a pic of em or something?

EK1.6LCIV
19-05-2008, 06:39 PM
if it's for a 3dr not the sedan they will fit the 2dr coupe just fine

send a pic if you want, I have a pretty good idea which ones they are and they will just slide straight in

CER-15E
20-05-2008, 12:27 PM
if it's for a 3dr not the sedan they will fit the 2dr coupe just fine

send a pic if you want, I have a pretty good idea which ones they are and they will just slide straight in

ok great well il take em up to a panel beater or get my bf to do em and see what happens... thanks for your all your help :)

panda[cRx]
20-05-2008, 12:44 PM
oh jeez don't do it!
or if you do make sure u keep your oem ones coz u will regret it later down the track.

CER-15E
20-05-2008, 07:48 PM
;1695544']oh jeez don't do it!
or if you do make sure u keep your oem ones coz u will regret it later down the track.

haha yer im keeping my other ones..... but ive had em for ages so i wana put em on..

Jarkz
20-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Carmate is your friend.

I don't usually endorse them but here you go.

http://www.carmate.com/display_products.php?id=61&categoryid=29

CER-15E
20-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Carmate is your friend.

I don't usually endorse them but here you go.

http://www.carmate.com/display_products.php?id=61&categoryid=29

ive already got the mirrors.. and got mine a lot cheaper then that... but thanks anyway :)