PDA

View Full Version : Buying a new Accord

alexp
20-05-2008, 04:07 PM
I recently signed a contract with a dealer and arranged finance for my new car with my bank.

And now I have couple questions:

1. My bank is ready to make payment to dealer as soon I get comprehensive car insurance.
When I tried to purchase an insurance, insurance company ask me for a car registration number and they said they can not sell me insurance until I provide car registration number.
At this stage I do not know car registration number. I spoke to dealer and he said they can not register my car until they receive money from my bank. What should I do?

2. If dealer told me VIN and chassis number, but not registration number, does it mean that my car is available immediately and I do not have to wait for a long time for delivery?

dyljoy
20-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Can u get ur car with registered before you buy the insurance? coz it doesn't make sense if you can't provide registeration detail of your car when u want to buy insurance.

CB7_OWNER
20-05-2008, 08:39 PM
If you paid deposit for a "particular" car, then that car is theorectically yours for now, which means the dealer should be handing over the rego number.....dats the way i see it...

alexp
20-05-2008, 10:03 PM
If you paid deposit for a "particular" car, then that car is theorectically yours for now, which means the dealer should be handing over the rego number.....dats the way i see it...

I have paid $500 deposit. When should I pay the rest amount?
Dealer wants money asap. Can I pay when I pick up my car?

dyljoy
20-05-2008, 10:29 PM
sure u can pay the rest amount when u pick up ur car. and this is the way to protect urself, coz if pay out the deal, dealer will not hurry on ur delivery anymore.

LXRY
21-05-2008, 11:43 PM
I recently signed a contract with a dealer and arranged finance for my new car with my bank.

1. My bank is ready to make payment to dealer as soon I get comprehensive car insurance.
When I tried to purchase an insurance, insurance company ask me for a car registration number and they said they can not sell me insurance until I provide car registration number.
At this stage I do not know car registration number. I spoke to dealer and he said they can not register my car until they receive money from my bank. What should I do?

2. If dealer told me VIN and chassis number, but not registration number, does it mean that my car is available immediately and I do not have to wait for a long time for delivery? You set it all up for the day of pick up (bank and insurance) just call the bank notify them of the situation have them make the money ready, call insurance and again notify them that you will call with reg details on the day...you can get covered over the phone, let the dealership know that you need the reg details for insurance and MONEY from the bank.

You pay the deposit and the rest when you pick up the car.....you have a cooling off period too.

Good luck !!

dyljoy
22-05-2008, 01:08 AM
Good point, mate

justright2008
02-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Honda Accord 2008 looks great, but any troubles with arcing noise before the engine starts cranking?
My new Honda has such a problem and I have found another Honda has the same problem.
I don't know why.:confused:

Good point, mate

dyljoy
02-06-2008, 10:00 PM
o? can u tell me more detail, what sort of noise? come from where? i don't have such problem.

justright2008
02-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Please send me an email so I can email you the recorded sound in MP3 format.
rexmao@tpg.com.au

o? can u tell me more detail, what sort of noise? come from where? i don't have such problem.

justright2008
02-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Are window tint supposed to have bubbles?
My new car had window tinted at Honda dealer, Artarman, which I found 37 bubbles (small or big?). It was re-done, but even worse this time.
Is it normal?

Pumped
02-06-2008, 10:40 PM
no its not normal, means its done very very poorly

also, insurance can be arranged on a car without a registration number being provided

i do it in my job everyday, but i guess whomever your arranging insurance with is being very tight!

NileshP
03-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Are window tint supposed to have bubbles?
My new car had window tinted at Honda dealer, Artarman, which I found 37 bubbles (small or big?). It was re-done, but even worse this time.
Is it normal?

No, it’s not normal for bubbles (especially as many as you mention) to remain past 2-3 days after installation. My dealer tinted mine as an optional extra and it was done by SolarTint. I was told that it is normal for small bubbles to be around for 24-48 hours but these should disappear after this period. I was also told to let the car out in the sun for a while at least. Re-tinting (as in your case) needs to be done very professionally. From previous experience, the old tints need to be removed, the windows cleaned with alcohol and left like that for a couple of days before new ones are put in. I don't know if this is applicable with the advancement in technology these days.

Mate, you have paid your hard-earned dollars for this car and make sure you get the very best treatment from this dealer. All the best!

NileshP
03-06-2008, 10:09 AM

2. If dealer told me VIN and chassis number, but not registration number, does it mean that my car is available immediately and I do not have to wait for a long time for delivery?

Hi Alex,

Your dealer is playing naughty here. Your car registration number is available a few days before your delivery date and the dealer has this detail. Talk to the manager and explain to them that they will not get the cheque until you provide proof of insurance to the bank. If possible, get your bank to call the dealer and explain this with the surity that the cheque is indeed ready, awaiting proof of insuarnce.

Hope this helps.

fendushi
20-06-2008, 04:36 PM
When I bought my Accord 2 weeks ago, I specifically mentioned that I want the car to be fully insured before I drive out of the dealership. The guy there organised the insurance for me on the day I picked up the car and assured me that it is fully covered even though I had not paid the insurance company yet. He said to pay the insurance company ASAP when I receive the paperwork in the mail.

I've double checked with the insurance company on this... cause I don't trust car salesmen. ;)

But yes, the insurance company do need the rego number. It was obviously provided when I picked up the car from the dealership.

Btw, I went with Honda insurance which uses GIO.