PDA

View Full Version : Advise on a purchase of 03 Honda Euro luxury

gun57i
20-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Hi everyone,

I barely come on this forum as I used to own a STi :o so i am sorta noob to the honda scene

but moving on I am in the market to purchase an 03 Honda Euro Luxury. Its white colour and got about 101xxxKMs

its got full rego
new clutch (apparently. Receipt to be provided)
new tyres

The current owner is a columbian lady. The car used to belong to the husband but he gave it to her. Now that they are separated she is selling it. She doesnt seem dodgy and not quite knowledgable in cars.

She claim that the car been service last in March with new clutch in the car.

I got it down to $20250.00

Does anyone reckon its still to high to pay for one that has such high KMs and also an 03 model?
The interior is really clean. Exterior is very good too except for this minor scrape at the front left hand side bumper. not a bad one. cant really notice it as its been patched up. other areas looks good. doesnt look like its been in any accident

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance ppl.

Jase

tony1234
20-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Get it inspected by a mech.whose knowledgeable with Hondas or failing that just get an NRMA inspection.

Pauly
20-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Based on that info sounds like a good price to me.

hooyn
20-05-2008, 05:55 PM
get it inspected +1
check EVERYTHING possible
my friend picked up a 04 with 32k km's for 21k
drove absolutely fabulous but it was still very suss. got it checked and hasnt been in any accidents or anything. however still very suss. there were water marks in the engine bay. few clips missing on the front bumper. alarm doesn't work either. and to top it off when we were looking at the car the guy looked VERY nervous. constantly smoking and seemed like he wanted to get rid of the car FAST. and the alarm wont work when you remote lock it and unlock it manually.

im thinking that it's probably stolen or something but it runs absolutely fine.
/random vent

tony1234
20-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Red book say it's worth $20500-$22900 private sale.Av.Kms.90000-110000

viper8548
20-05-2008, 06:22 PM
get it inspected +1
check EVERYTHING possible
my friend picked up a 04 with 32k km's for 21k
drove absolutely fabulous but it was still very suss. got it checked and hasnt been in any accidents or anything. however still very suss. there were water marks in the engine bay. few clips missing on the front bumper. alarm doesn't work either. and to top it off when we were looking at the car the guy looked VERY nervous. constantly smoking and seemed like he wanted to get rid of the car FAST. and the alarm wont work when you remote lock it and unlock it manually.

im thinking that it's probably stolen or something but it runs absolutely fine.
/random vent

32k kms for $21k? must be a standard model!! also I'm pretty sure the euro doesn't come with alarm system, only immobiliser.

tron07
20-05-2008, 06:25 PM
make sure all the eletronics works... the central console, lights, and CD changer.

check the clutch make sure it doenst squeeks, have both alarm/keys, no major accident/not properly repaired.

best to pay NRMA to do a inspection after you do your own checks.

tron07
20-05-2008, 06:27 PM
32k kms for $21k? must be a standard model!! also I'm pretty sure the euro doesn't come with alarm system, only immobiliser.

they come with alarm and central locking.... but if you open the car with the key, the alarm doesnt seem to make sounds... never try leaving the windows down and opening the locks/door manually

Crapdaz
20-05-2008, 07:07 PM

they do come with alarm, required 30seconds for activation before you can pull knob to test if it works.

hooyn
20-05-2008, 07:10 PM
thats why i was suss about it. guy was nervous. wanted to get rid of it QUICK QUICK QUICK. hand was shaking while holding his smoke after smoke. lux model. ohh yeah and cd player jammed. but he fixed it anyway. advertised at 23k but windscreen had a chip in it. cdp layer was jammed. thats why we bargained down to 21k. lol. BARGAIN YEH. but so suss.

yfin
20-05-2008, 08:05 PM
It is not a bargain mate - $20k is how much it is worth.

2003 HONDA ACCORD EURO

7th Gen Luxury Sedan 4dr Man 6sp 2.4i
Prices based on km 80,000 - 130,000
Trade in price guide* $16,700 - $19,200
National average price - private sale* $20,900 - $23,400
Price when new (RRP) $40,800

edawooda
20-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Have you looked at the auctions?

I got my 05 lux with 53k on the clock for 22k. Log books are fully stamped as well. I would imagine the condition of the exterior would be fairly similar to the one you're looking at. If you're lucky it will still have a bit of warranty left as well.

I would say its not a great buy to be honest, full rego is nice, if they are new tyres check to see if they're a decent tyre or not. Definately go lower than 20k imo.

GL with the search!

Jaso
20-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Yeh...still try and knock 1k or at least 500 off it. Just say your test driving a few others and your not happy about the clutch etc etc.

I didnt know NRMA did inspections still???

traumatized
20-05-2008, 08:25 PM
as far as i know nrma did stop their vehicle checks early last year as they did not make alot of profit from it anymore and the demand was no longer there.

but if you do want it inspected and your are in nsw 'sydney vehicle check' is a company you can go for that do decent inspections.

Jaso
20-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Yeh there are quite a few third party groups that will inspect your car.

Ive used this mob twice and they seem to be pretty good - http://www.trakonlineauto.com.au/

DanVR4
20-05-2008, 09:57 PM
I was lucky enough to get my 03 Luxury a few weeks ago for $19500, with only 50k on the clock. And I got it from a rich old bloke on the banks of Sydney harbour to boot! But as I said, I was lucky

gun57i
21-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Have you looked at the auctions?

I got my 05 lux with 53k on the clock for 22k. Log books are fully stamped as well. I would imagine the condition of the exterior would be fairly similar to the one you're looking at. If you're lucky it will still have a bit of warranty left as well.

I would say its not a great buy to be honest, full rego is nice, if they are new tyres check to see if they're a decent tyre or not. Definately go lower than 20k imo.

GL with the search!

The tyres are radial 18inch low profile.

I decided to take my deposited back.

I rang her yesterday because details of VIN,Engine number and rego didnt match on REVS. I told her i was checking REVS and she ask what does REVS do. So i told her the site will tell me if there is any encumberance and major accidents etc. So she gave me the details again. I missed out one number.

At the same time the lady accidentally told me she did reverse into a brick wall at star city 6 months back but to her its not an accident.

So i went there and got my deposit back because I specifically asked her if there was any scratches or dents or accidents before i drive all the way to Hornsby from Maroubra. and she said NO

oh well back to the square one now. Have you got the website to the auction places that i can look at?

edawooda
21-05-2008, 11:51 AM
The main ones that I know of are www.pickles.com.au and www.manheimfowles.com.au.

Make sure you're aware of what fees may be required if you do end
up buying a car there. For most its an auction fee of $3-400 plus any on road costs.

gun57i
21-05-2008, 12:05 PM
thanks mate

tron07
21-05-2008, 04:07 PM
come to/join the June euro cruise to check or talk to owners

gun57i
21-05-2008, 04:11 PM
cool when exactly and where is it?

Jaso
21-05-2008, 09:06 PM
www.governmentauctions.com.au