PDA

View Full Version : Can Some1 Take Me For A Drive?

Juicedboi
20-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Looking to buy a prelude 93 Si. Just wondering if some1 in sydney could take me for a drive in one. i just wana get a first hand idea on how they perform and how comfortable they r.

if anybody is up for it just pm me. thank u

Raztaz
20-05-2008, 08:40 PM
couldn you just test drive one your looking at maybe buying?

dsp26
20-05-2008, 09:09 PM
surprised no-ones offered yet... someone on here did the same for me when i was looking for a Del Sol.

"test driving" a car your looking at that you may not buy is called "tyre kicking" sellers hate that hence why he's asking on here....

I heart the SSS
20-05-2008, 10:50 PM
I think he just wants someone to take him for a drive, not drive the car himself.

I hate tyre kickers though, Assholes.

Someone should be kind enough!

Juicedboi
20-05-2008, 10:59 PM
yeah i have looked at car yards and i can only find 1 in sydney.. its an auto S. since im lookin to buy a Manual Si testing the auto S prob wouldnt help me. it would only confuse me, besides it looked like shit and they wer asking way too much.

yeah the reason im asking here for somebody to take me for a drive in 1 is mainly because i do not want to pretend to be interested in somebody's private sale just to gdrive the car with no intention of buying it. i find that slack i would rather somebody just took me in thers. im not lookin for a cruise around or anythin i just want to see how comfortable it is inside and how they are on the road. im not even planning on driving it myself i would just like somebody to show me thers

cheers

thescotty
21-05-2008, 12:57 PM
just if you lived in melbourne man, my cousin and my mate both have a prelude..1 manual 1 auto so you could have felt the difference...although i did beat the manual one in my DA integrea so im pritty happy about that ey ;) although he is a terrible driver..good luck mate..and someone just take him for a drive its not liek he is going to wreck or steal your car, if he does you know where to find him?? (tight ass's) also P platers arent aloud to test drive cars?

seihoa
21-05-2008, 01:15 PM
well why dont u find a prelude u like and test drive it... if u dont like it dont test drive it... so technically u wont b a tyre kicker =D

Juicedboi
21-05-2008, 02:56 PM
im loking for a Si Manual sum can drive me around in for 10 mins or so. just to see how they feel shit. i dont even need to drive the car. i cdont want to go to a seller with no intention of buying the car. and i cant find any at dealers. since i dont plan to buy the car for anther month or so i wana see if its worth lookin into bu getin an expereicnce of being inside 1. im not a tyre kicker cos im not asking to test drive a car with a seller hoping to make the sale.

panda[cRx]
21-05-2008, 03:21 PM
*waits for "i got carjacked" thread*

incoming
21-05-2008, 03:21 PM
are u female?
hahaha

edit: jucied BOI???

GTFO!

Juicedboi
21-05-2008, 05:52 PM
right...

Pr0x1mity
23-05-2008, 11:39 PM
I cant offer you a drive or to take you for a drive, unless u came to melbourne. Also mines a 3rd gen. I can tell you that, its weird the first time.. Today i really came to love that car. Its so light and agile. The 4 wheel steering makes everything so easy, the steering is very light at low speed and gets heavy for a good feel when your going fast. Its got awesome ballance. It would be good fun on a track...

rayb3na_
23-05-2008, 11:56 PM
shit didnt know 3rd gen was awd?

dudeling7
24-05-2008, 12:03 AM
probs 4 wheel steer? or ur joking and im making myself look liek an idiot

Juicedboi
24-05-2008, 12:39 PM
pr0x1mity thanks for the post and yeah i think it will be strange to drive the 4WS for the first time. ive heard alot of bad things about it but also a bunch of good things. i guess its down to how u like the car to feel on the road.

JSpec3
26-05-2008, 10:00 AM

not awd, it's still fwd but with 4ws.

SXC-84K
26-05-2008, 12:57 PM
4ws was also issued on the 5th gen but not in australia. anyways 4ws FTMFL!

JDMWhore
03-06-2008, 12:30 PM

WTF?! there 4WS? there a big difference.. but ALL preludes are FF's.. the only RWD honda produces is the S2000 and the NSX (test drive one of those babies)..

fusionprelude
03-06-2008, 01:14 PM
i hav a 4th gen for sale in forsale thread its manual si with h22a conversion in nsw

Terry_GT-R34
29-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Mine is a VTiR '95 if that's comparable enough for you.
It's the car I use for work.
I'm down in Earlwood on Mondays and Fridays if that's a help too.
No probs - just e-mail on eastleaf@bigpond.com and we'll set it up !;)

defect
30-06-2008, 06:13 PM
why do you want a Si? why not vtiR?

Juicedboi
02-07-2008, 06:10 PM
cant afford vtiR atm. looking at the 6-7k mark

Terry_GT-R34
02-07-2008, 10:19 PM
OK: Will hear from you next week...
Cheers

Perhaps we'll try out the Gen 4 Prelude on Fri. & the R34 GTR V-Spec II on Sat eh?

Must say that the Gen 4 Prelude is such a beautiful design from any angle! So well made! Service is inexpensive at Hanny's Performance at Smithfield and whilst there, they let you check out your car whilst on a hoist.

Good Choice!

Juicedboi
02-07-2008, 11:05 PM
thanks mate

cant wait :)

wrxstic
11-07-2008, 01:03 PM
I really recommend you save a little more and go with the vtec. i wish i had when i bought the si... then i turbocharged it, and spent way too much and it didnt run so well cos i got d1cked around by a 'workshop' despite them having a good reputation.

Vtec is fun :) and the resale value will be slightly better. There is not much difference in price between Si and VTEC these days. Back when I was looking, it was a $5k difference.

Having said that, the Si has a fair bit of grunt, and once I lowered it, it was better to drive. It's quite a comfy car stock standard, unless you lower it and get low profile tyres, you will FEEL the potholes. It is perhaps quite loud in the cabin compared to other cars...

Juicedboi
15-07-2008, 09:50 PM
yeah but its about 2k or so difference. lol which is quite a bit for me

if i do happen to get enough money together or the vtec i will go for it no doubt!!

also considering integras but im still stuck on the preludes

Terry_GT-R34
16-07-2008, 09:30 PM
:pIt'll be good to have a ride/drive of both and feel the difference between the Si & VTiR. It depends on what you need & what grabs you. I consider the 4th Gen Prelude as being one of the nicest shapes Honda has ever designed.
Yep better looking than my weekend car.
Cheers, Terry
PS Looks like you'd be happy with either.
PPS Know where to look for rust spots. Make sure all services have been done via specs. Check for previous damage etc. etc.

Terry_GT-R34
28-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Hi Buddy,
Were you still interested in going in the 4th Gen Prelude?
Hadn't heard from you yet...
My E-Mail is eastleaf@bigpond.com if you want to get in touch eh?
Regards, Terry;)

BigWillieStyles
21-08-2008, 06:04 PM
An Si is a great car, its basically the same as the Vtir except for a the engine and the wheels. The Si is very torquey and still handles really well.

Ive driven both, and didnt notice a difference apart from the revlimit being a bit higher.

Petronas
22-08-2008, 01:21 PM
yeah but its about 2k or so difference. lol which is quite a bit for me

if i do happen to get enough money together or the vtec i will go for it no doubt!!

also considering integras but im still stuck on the preludes

The 4th gens are the most hardcore feeling of the Prelude family I think...

The 3rd gen was built for the businessman and when the 4th gen bombed out in sales the 5th gen was again targeted towards are more luxury, GT market... (Well that's how I interpret the Prelude time line anyway)

Try www.preludeaustralia.com a go.

safetycar
22-08-2008, 05:22 PM
The 5th gen chassis is supposed to be something like 20% stiffer than that of the 4th gen. They definitely went back to the 3rd gen for looks though. Best I can figure most (all gens) were driven by old women. Then again maybe that was just the autos and only first owners anyway.

port3s
22-08-2008, 05:40 PM
hey ill giv u a ride.. ive got a 92 prelude si, where abouts r u?