PDA

View Full Version : Check Valve

21-05-2008, 02:00 AM
:p i dont have idea what the guys over the states was talkin up about the check valve, to eliminate.. engine check light!

Limbo
22-05-2008, 12:27 AM
??? what's your question?

fat_85_civic
22-05-2008, 12:29 AM
if your wondering what a check valve is its a one way valve. like you can blow throught it but not suck.
they use them inline with the MAP sensor so it doesnt see positive pressure.

22-05-2008, 07:30 PM
lol.. sorry bout that.. i was in hurry lol ..

when my car shift from vac to boost... is crap :( .. will check valve do it? to make the transitions better?

ohh... where can i get them?

*noob here :p

RedVTi
22-05-2008, 08:00 PM
lol.. sorry bout that.. i was in hurry lol ..

when my car shift from vac to boost... is crap :( .. will check valve do it? to make the transitions better?

ohh... where can i get them?

*noob here :p

There are heaps of them available on ebay US. But apparently a 2 or 3 bar map sensor is a much better option.

Someone( friend of a friend) fixed mine but I have no idea how he did it. My turbo EK still has factory ECU and drives normal. Engine light still comes on though.

STOCK
22-05-2008, 08:51 PM
A check valve will allow your ecu not see boost pressure on the map sensor, hence allow you to run boost without encountering cel limp mode.
You can buy a cheap check valve from your aquarium shop <$3.. They use it on the air pumps to stop water/air going the wrong way. If you want a heavy duty version use the ones they put in line with your vacuum feed for your brake booster.

Limo
24-05-2008, 11:32 AM
so you boosted your car. now after ~10mins of driving the engine check light comes on?but it doesnt effect the performance of the car right?

tekung89
24-05-2008, 11:48 AM
check valves pretty much used to bleeds the boosted air so that the map sensor doesnt throw u a engine check light. and u would probably notice the car runs like shit wen this happens. make one urself, its not that hard.

u'll be able to drive underboost forever without the light coming on, its only when u hits about 1psi or 2psi of boost is wen the ecu will throw u the light

Limo
24-05-2008, 12:20 PM
check valves pretty much used to bleeds the boosted air so that the map sensor doesnt throw u a engine check light. and u would probably notice the car runs like shit wen this happens. make one urself, its not that hard.

u'll be able to drive underboost forever without the light coming on, its only when u hits about 1psi or 2psi of boost is wen the ecu will throw u the light

i get the light after about 10mins of driving off boost, or about 3-4min after of hittin full boost. but it doesnt effect the performance of anything, car runs fine.i was told to change my stock map sensor to fix the light :p.

24-05-2008, 02:36 PM
do u guys have any diagram or picture where to put the check valve?

i know there is another way that u change the map sensor but i cant find anything in australia ..

Limo
24-05-2008, 09:48 PM
do u guys have any diagram or picture where to put the check valve?

i know there is another way that u change the map sensor but i cant find anything in australia ..

ive ordered a hondata 4bar mapsensor, they are suppose to be a straight swap for factory ones.