PDA

View Full Version : all 4 windows half down

assailant
21-05-2008, 03:51 PM
ive had my euro parked in the garage for the better part of a week without driving it (both myself and mrs have company cars)..

went to take it for a spin last nite and all 4 windows were wound down halfway. the doors were all still locked (and no signs of forced entry and nothing stolen).

the car started first kick no problems.. so the battery would appear to be ok..

anyone have any idea why the car would wind the windows down by itself? (searched forums but no luck)

JunYu
21-05-2008, 03:58 PM
maybe you held the unlock button down a few seconds?

assailant
21-05-2008, 04:02 PM
not unless it was done accidentally inside a handbag from inside the house or something like that..
certainly didnt accidentally hold unlock when i put the car away a week ago, or when i opened the garage yesterday.

its a brick garage separate from the house, so id be pretty amazed if the infrared signal got thru whilst accidentally being pushed.

Crapdaz
21-05-2008, 04:14 PM
is there a window at the garage? Do you normally keep your car keys separate from house keys or together?

plus as you said all windows were wound down half way.

If so you, or someone bumped the unlock button for a couple of seconds and it wound down until the button was released.

Otherwise its the first time i've heard of anything like that.

seihoa
21-05-2008, 04:15 PM
transformer euro !

prob wana suss why it did that... cause you wouldnt wana park it at the shops n then when u come back 4 windows are half down O_x

omgzilla
21-05-2008, 04:48 PM
I've had that happen once before at work (european car dealership).

No faults stored and charge rate, battery condition and remote keys appeared to be ok.

It was assumed that the customer had accidentally held in the unlock button and the windows wound down a bit and because no doors were opened since the unlock button was press - the car re-locks itself.

There was a programming update for this not long after I had this issue. If the vehicle detects that no doors were opened since the unlock button was pressed and windows wind down, the vehicle will re-lock itself and actually wind the windows back up again.

It's possible that the Accord doesn't have this feature?

That being said - might be worth getting it checked out at Honda, just to be on the safe side!

assailant
22-05-2008, 12:52 AM
hrmm righto..

our euro keys are kept on key rings with other house keys etc.

i guess ill have to presume that the button was accidentally pressed. there is a small window in the garage, so i guess the IR could get thru that.

ill keep a watch on it

panda[cRx]
22-05-2008, 02:03 PM
it's more common than u think, especially if you say the keys were in a handbag

ok2
22-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Signal is radio not infrared (infrared is purely line of sight) so it has a "bit" of range e.g. can unlock my car from inside the house when it is in the driveway (double brick walls).

I thought I had problem for a while with my boot opening or the doors being unlocked but found it was like others said - keys in my pocket getting "squashed" and the boot release or unlock button being pressed.

Crapdaz
22-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Signal is radio not infrared (infraread is purely line of sight) so it has a "bit" of range e.g. can unlock my car from inside the house when it is in the driveway (double brick walls).

I thought I had problem for a while with my boot opening or the doors being but found it was like others said - keys in my pocket getting "squashed" and the boot release or unlock button being pressed.

im surprised your boot can get triggered the button is indented on the key.

aaronng
22-05-2008, 04:38 PM
It was assumed that the customer had accidentally held in the unlock button and the windows wound down a bit and because no doors were opened since the unlock button was press - the car re-locks itself.

There was a programming update for this not long after I had this issue. If the vehicle detects that no doors were opened since the unlock button was pressed and windows wind down, the vehicle will re-lock itself and actually wind the windows back up again.

It's possible that the Accord doesn't have this feature?

That being said - might be worth getting it checked out at Honda, just to be on the safe side!
It is most likely that was what happened. And no, there is no auto-wind up for all years of aussie-spec Accord Euro.

aaronng
22-05-2008, 04:39 PM
im surprised your boot can get triggered the button is indented on the key.
Why not? I noticed that some of my keys are just the right shape where you hold it with your fingers, to fit into the indented boot release button. My solution is that I wear baggy pants with big pockets. :)

Crapdaz
22-05-2008, 04:44 PM
ive never had any problem with my keys.
even wearing slightly tighter jeans.
just saying the boot button is harder to accidently press.

_Vtekn_
22-05-2008, 08:55 PM
The same thing happened to me!!!

Parked car in garage, came back later and all four windows down.!!! what the???

I too put it down to i must of held down a button on my keys!!:D

PNR888
22-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Euro's remote key can operate from quite a distance away. even thru glass, plaster wall and brick wall. It has by far the most potent signal when compare with other cars.

Crapdaz
23-05-2008, 09:18 PM
LOL yeh its about 30m and it works cause i tried it at my work carpark.