PDA

View Full Version : Noise from clutch

evoo
21-05-2008, 10:53 PM
hey,

Got an dc5r '02... got a problem... when i step in the clutch i get like a wired back noise... dunno what the hell it is and its getting me worried

please help.

Thanx in advance!

kevtir
22-05-2008, 01:28 AM
hi

ive got an dc2r wit da same problem atm
how old is yr clutch?

Zilli
22-05-2008, 10:42 AM
can you be more specific about the noise itself and exactly when it happens?

Samm928
22-05-2008, 04:34 PM
clutch bearings are gone dude. forget getting new bearings fitted just get a new clutch. you stomp on it dont you!? lol but yeh serious. clutch bearings are wearing out

evoo
22-05-2008, 04:51 PM
clutch bearings are gone dude. forget getting new bearings fitted just get a new clutch. you stomp on it dont you!? lol but yeh serious. clutch bearings are wearing out

yeh your right bearings are gone bro... i double checked it with my mates... all said the same thing... getting a new clutch now. Thanx sam!

KAFER312
22-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Yeah,sounds Like The Throw Out Bearing.when The Clutch Is Out There Is No Noise.when You Step On The Clutch,the Bearing Loads Up Against The Pressure Plate,and If The Bearing Is On Its Way Out Then It Will Make A Slight Wirring Noise And Will Progressively The Noise Will Get Worce As Time Goes On.

bradess
22-05-2008, 06:00 PM
my clutch in my 92 integra squeaks when i push it in. a pretty loud squeak. its a new exedy sports clutch why would it be squeaking?

OMG.JAI xD
22-05-2008, 06:16 PM
my clutch in my 92 integra squeaks when i push it in. a pretty loud squeak. its a new exedy sports clutch why would it be squeaking?

its the hydraulics.
either the lines contaminated, or the slave cylinder is too old.
its the same with my one.
i changed the fluid with a different type. without bleeding properly.
and it squeeks now.

Elwood
24-05-2008, 08:25 AM

Spray your clutch master cylinder with WD-40.

You'll find it at the end of your clutch pedal in the cabin.

bennjamin
24-05-2008, 08:43 AM
the noise is from lack of lubrication of the RELEASE/THRUST bearing.
This bearing sits on your clutch plate , and "pushes" the pressure plate whe you shift. It can dry up and give this noise , even more so when cold etc.

Try bleeding your clutch line too - i did this for a customer recently with the same symptoms and they hugged me after for such a simple fix lol

Elwood
24-05-2008, 08:46 AM
^Ahhh.

Well my clutch used to squeek when i engages and released the clutch. I sprayed WD-40 on the CMC and it stopped.

bennjamin
24-05-2008, 08:47 AM
WD40 aint too good - lasts temporarily. Then dissipates and eats thru any rubber grommets/boots.

Try using a silicon spray or sorts

Or even better , replace it !

Elwood
24-05-2008, 09:06 AM
^Probably should.

Squeeked with the old clutch, and used to squeek with the new clutch. I just hope my clutch pedal doesnt fall off anytime soon now because of the WD-40.

cvicek
07-06-2008, 09:58 PM
fellow forumer.... stupid question, what CMC? where about issit?

mars_panas
07-06-2008, 10:18 PM
It is likely the throw out bearing running on the pressure plate. This is caused by when u are sitting at red lights in gear with the clutch depressed, or depressing the clutch to coast down hills. The bearing is supposed to last the life of the clutch, but abusing it, can wear it out early.

VTECMACHINE
08-06-2008, 11:52 PM

As Benny stated... try bleeding the clutch fluid, you most likely have Air in the line.

string
09-06-2008, 03:01 PM
its the hydraulics.
either the lines contaminated, or the slave cylinder is too old.
its the same with my one.
i changed the fluid with a different type. without bleeding properly.
and it squeeks now.

Spray your clutch master cylinder with WD-40.

You'll find it at the end of your clutch pedal in the cabin.

As Benny stated... try bleeding the clutch fluid, you most likely have Air in the line.

All of you fail horribly. 92 Integra = Cable Clutch.

bradess
09-06-2008, 03:02 PM
All of you fail horribly. 92 Integra = Cable Clutch.

i was just about to say that

string
09-06-2008, 03:11 PM
i was just about to say that
Mine does the same as yours, but I replaced my clutch and release bearing recently so it doesn't bother me. It's probably one of the joints in the pedal assembly just needing a lube up - so if you are actually keen just grab some spray adhesive lubricant and go nuts.